“Fantastic Resort”

Ranked #17 of 1,330 Hotels in Sanya
Where ever I lay my hat
“Fantastic Resort”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed in this resort between Christmas and New Year. Our room was great, open plan with a step down to the bathroom area and I really liked the idea of having the bath in the middle of the room allowing to have the doors open and the warm breeze flow through. The grounds were well kept and the pool was certainly refreshing. We dined outside by the pool each day and the food was fine, in the evening and for breakfast we dined in the main restaurant and we found it comfortable with plenty of choice the staff were all extremely professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was an extremely relaxing break.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daddybear3
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Daddybear3,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our pools and food here. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Mr. Stephan Stoss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
South Gippsland
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This resort is very nice and the facilities are lovely. It is right on the beach and the beach is kept very clean and the lounges are really great. The water temp at the beach is about 29 degrees. Amazing. The breakfast was the best we had in China and the staff were lovely. The pool is large and very clean but we did find the pools too hot. It was 35 degrees during the day and the pool temp was over 30 so it was not very refreshing. There is a market in Sanya for a resort that has a cold pool! I highly recommend the beachside buffet which was 498rmb per person but included beer, wine and soft drink and the food was great. Most staff dont have alot of english but they apparently get alot of Russian tourists so all menus are in english and russian!

Room Tip: It is very hot here in July so take lots of sunscreen. Don't plan any day activities but it is g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel B
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Rachel B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach and food in this hot weather. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Was able to visit this facility and most of the room types available for business purposes and I have to say this hotel easily lives up to the Hilton Brand. The hotel is truly beautiful, and the beach it is attached to is definitely something to admire. Admittedly, it is less luxurious in feeling than the Ritz-Carlton next door since the Hilton was opened quite a few years ago (and is due for renovation). That being said, the Hilton has in my opinion a far superior pool (and a way more reasonable price point considering all the new hotels opening in the region).

A few cons for the management's consideration:

1) the check-in process is too long (3-4 service desks is not enough during prime check-in time, especially given guests need to pay a deposit - which is a time consuming process),

2) the room number system currently in place is not particularly intuitive, a nice big map somewhere near check-in showing where all the rooms are would be helpful,

3) English fluency is an issue (though this is the case for virtually all hotels in the area)

As a final sidenote, fight hard for a room with a good view of the pool / sea, it's definitely a good sight to wake up to! (I also stayed in a garden view room on a separate occasion, which was much less spectacular)

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Eugene L
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Eugene L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort.You suggestions quite important and helpful for our improvement. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach and pools. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I traveled to Sanya after a business trip in Hong Kong. I would highly recommend this Resort to anyone going to Sanya. The pool and beach were amazing and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Language was sometimes an issue (very few fluent English speakers - which was expected); however, the staff would quickly find someone who could assist with any issues. The only other issue was the smoking on the property. I'm just not used to having people smoking in hallways and in restaurants anymore. However, I believe this is true in all of Sanya (not just at the Hilton). Otherwise, the property and location were fabulous and the staff were the friendliest and most helpful people. Pictures do not do the pool area justice. While I was traveling with a friend, this Resort would be great for couples and families. There were several families on site and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear 538stephanieg,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. Thanks so much for your suggestion,I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful pool and beach. we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hotel have trained staffs, we got a pleasant stay. Two drawbacks: 1) Wifi signal should reach the beach. 2) it is terrible that no ice cream on sale! Staff told us that it was out of store; it could not be accepted for Hilton, especially it was summer time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank HongTung
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear HongTung,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. Thanks so much for your suggestion, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Tampere, Finland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location of the resort is nice and beach is good. Resort overall quality during our visit was ok (one building was under renovation). As a HHonors member You expect a certain level of things. Most of them were met nicely. 2 things were not: The staff was helpful, but I expect more English-speaking personnel under a world-wide brand. I would think there would be enough willing people to come for work and learn english enough to serve Your needs (I got most and best help from English Employee's (hotel manager?) wife - thank her for that and kind tips very much). Secondly here with everything considered, I think the price level for food and drinks was high - overrated let me say. 7,5 euros for 330 ml beer is too much over here.
Other than these 2 things, we did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms are very nice ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler_MJT
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Traveler_MJT,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. Your good suggestions are very important for our improvement as well. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful beach. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.

Muralto, Switzerland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Hilton Sany Resort and SPA.
The SPA was great and not crowded at all even is I was there when the hotel was very busy. I was alone for 3 hours at the SPA.
The drinks they offer at tha bar are very good and healthy.
I would recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alejandra_Abad_89,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our SPA treatment. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Welcome your next stay with us.