Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa
$242
$445
clubmed.us
1,896 results
All reviewsbig bathtubnice beachbay resortsea viewhainan islandswim up barroom rateprivate beachchinese guestspoolschinashanghaitubshoneymoon
Reviewed April 6, 2014

So cozy and clean room. Seeeming pool is nice.call beach .locatef in a touristy bay of sanya.brrafast in complate both chinese and international.stafs are so helpful.with beautiful garden.not far from shoping center

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Sanya Resort&Spa. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had been here previously back in 2010. I have visited Sanya frequently during the last 10 years. We were not fully sure what to expect this time, as hotel itself is not that new anymore. But we knew the beach and pools would be great in any case. There are really many reviews on Hilton, so I will not write a massive one now. Just update my own views on this.

The pros
-Infrastucture in general is in very good shape
-Beach is still as good as it can get in Yalong Bay!
-Swimming pools are also on very good level
-Life guards are very active (very important in hotel with lot of families with young kids, always appreciate this)
-Late check-out was ok

The cons
-Our check-in was not smooth. We ended up waiting almost 70 minutes when we arrived around 2:20pm
-No drinks or anything was offered at this time
-Hotel was noisier than before (not hotel's fault, but some other guests were very loud)
-Level of cleaning was not on par with earlier visits
-Breakfast quality was not what it used to be. We are not most picky guests, but we do appreciate good quality food
-I didn't see western chefs & managers, but perhaps they were there
-Main breakfast room was pretty hectic and we also tried the other restaurant (China Harvest)
-I also ended up having stomache issues during 2nd last day of our stay. I suspected this to be related to one slice of "soggy" cold cut, which I had that morning (I only had breakfast that day)
-I am not blaming anybody here, we had a direct dicussion of this matter with the hotel representatives and they provided me medicine
-It was bit hard to get standard taxi within the resort grounds
-Overall service level was not what it had been during my previous stay (then it was really good I got to say)

To sum it up: Competition is tough in Sanya. All hotels do have ups and downs during their life cycle. Before coming to Hilton I had been quite recently also in both Banyan Tree and St.Regis. This gave me good background for up-to-date comparison. I would recommend Hilton to review their overall service level and focus on getting the breakfast quality back on where it used to be. "Small" things do matter.

Other tips: If you are looking for alternative options for food outside your resort, you can take taxi to La Floret Shopping Centre on main rd. in Yalong Bay (official name is something horrible like Sanya's Catering Model Street). Chinese name is Bai Hua Gu, i.e. La Floret. They do have several ok Chinese restaurants, a pub, Pizza Hut, Haagen-dazs and Starbucks. KFC is behind of this shopping centre. There are some other shopping opportunities as well. And nearby Marriott, which is close to Hilton, there is a fully ok supermarket (short walking distance).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Abramis
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Abramis,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton sanya resort & spa the third times. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our resort. Your good suggestions are very important for our improvement as well. I am glad to hear that you still enjoyed your stay within our outdoor pools and beautiful beach. However, we regret we were not able to provide you with the breakfast experience you expected. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is massive you need a golf cart to go from one end to the other. The pool is amazing and the views to match. Price was okay but once you are onsite its a bit of a drive to go anywhere. Language is a little disruptive when not at the hotel. The rooms have a great outlook and are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose sea facing to get any breeze
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
hiltonsanyaresort, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear 1966dean,
Thank you for your recent stay here at our resort! I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality and enjoyed our pools, garden and guest room. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hilton Hotel , quiet environment, surrounding facilities mature, very good service, surrounding and convenient transportation, service attitude good, warm and thoughtful. A rich breakfast, service is very warm. Although the room a little old, but the health, clean. Internet access fees 4 yuan per minute is too expensive, want to be adjusted.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Pei Y,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

If you are a Westerner, stay away. The hotel offers deals to Chinese tour groups and it really didn't feel like a vacation. We were constantly annoyed by people trying to take our picture (we were traveling with a newborn) and felt like we were on display for the other guests. Rooms aren't cleaned to Western standards, and non-smoking is only a suggestion that isn't enforced. Also, none of the staff speak English. Choose another hotel like the Marriott or Sheraton. We went there for dinner almost every night and the staff were much better trained. Facility is nice and the staff tried hard, but simply not trained to the Hilton standard.

Stayed: December 2013