“Amazing!”

Ranked #17 of 1,330 Hotels in Sanya
Kokkedal, Frederiksborg, Denmark
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was definitely one of the best hotels I have ever been to - I wish I could come back!
The pool was amazing, the beach was amazing, service was fantastic, and the rooms were beautiful.
I fully recommend it, it's worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiltonsanyaresort, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Christina L,

Thanks for staying with us at the Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa. We’re glad that you like our swimming pools, natural beach and really enjoyed our warm and caring service. We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards

Ella Dai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was there the first time in March for my Company Convention. I did not have much time to fully take advantage of the resort, but Iiked very much the ambiance, the service and my suite...so much... that I went back after a couple of weeks for a long weekend (and to celebrate my birthday).
This time I chosen the Ocean front suite: the view is spectacular.
The suites are very spacious (i love the 2 levels), the bathrooms are luxurious, Philip Roth amenities. Good choice of restaurants and bars. The room service as well is very good.
Long, white sand private beach.
The staff is helpful and friendly, many speak good English.
The gym is well equipped and accessible around the clock. The SPA is nice, but, if you don't speak Chinese and you'd like something different from the listed treatments/massages, you may experience some difficulties,
The thing I like the least: breakfast at restaurant...too crowded, but the buffets are very reach. I preferred the room service
The thing i found strange: you cannot jetski on your own, (unless you have a license) without an instructor...sanya's regulations after a tourist death some time ago
The thing delighted me: a complimentary little cake for my birthday!

Room Tip: suites, in particular Ocean front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiltonsanyaresort, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear barbara b,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our authentic Hilton hospitality. We are so glad that you spent a very delightful birthday with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It was my second trip back to Sanya yet my first time at Hilton. Last time I stayed at the Pullman, and I thought Hilton is definitely an upgrade. I was there for a conference so I did not get to do any sightseeing, and spent most of my time at the hotel. The room is large and spacious. The room layout is little weird. The bath area is right next to the balcony, and the bath tube is placed in the room at an area between the beds and balcony. Since I was staying at the ground level, I walked out to the balcony, and I was surprised to see how easy it was for any one to walk by and peep inside. For anyone who wants to keep their privacy without keeping the curtain down all the time, make sure you avoid ground floor level. The breakfast buffet was adequate and staff in general is friendly. The low season is from first week of May till end of June, so people may be able to find good deals during these two months.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground level
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ella D, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Spaky,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our resort! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. Our resort has many various room types and different layout to satisfy guests’ needs all over the world, appreciated for your kind understanding. Thank you again for your taking time to share experience with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago for a week but I didn't review it at the time. I thought I'd leave a quick review with the most lasting impressions I have.

Rooms - Very large, great bathtubs, modern. Check what kind of balcony you have, some are concrete which means you can't see anything from them if you sit in the chairs. This is what we ended up with, it was a bit annoying. Beds were extremely comfortable.

Pool - Highlight of the hotel, absolutely brill. Connecting areas and plenty of space. Lovely swim up bar and decking with bean bags to sit on. The pool was better than the pool at neighbouring hotels. I actually would consider revisiting just for the pool.

Service - The service here was terrible but not for lack of trying. Staff just weren't correctly trained and many couldn't speak English well. They were however, very friendly and tried their best. Hopefully the service will have improved by now.

Dining - Breakfast was awesome here, one of the best buffet breakfasts Ive had and I've stayed in many high end 5 star hotels. So much choice, including every kind of cuisine even at breakfast. Dinner buffet was also equally as wide ranging and delicious. The chinese restaurant was good but not outstanding for the price. The dishes we had on a set menu were all a little too traditional for our tastes. It was nice to try something a bit different mind you. We also ate in the restaurant in the cube in the middle of the garden area (sorry, I forget the name), the food in here was to a very high standard and the staff were extremely attentive. We really enjoyed our meals in here.

Beach - Large white sand beach stretching out very far. Great for walking along. Loungers and service was good. We did some watersports and took a boat trip which was okay, but nothing special.

Other things - We had cocktails overlooking the pool below most evenings, very nice setting but again a little let down by service.

We rented bikes and rode to a small shopping mall down the road from the hotel. Not much there when we went, but still nice to get out and about.

OVERALL: Enjoyable resort, I would like to return some day to see how it's developed and enjoy that amazing pool and garden area again!

Room Tip: Ask about the style of balcony. We had a concrete fronted one so you couldn't see anything if yo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmeliaJayne
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Amelia Jayne,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your stay with us. Your valuable feedback is very important to us in our aim for excellence. While I am very pleased that you had an overall very enjoyable time at our Resort, I have taken note on your comment that we could have done better on some occasions when attending to your needs. My sincere apologies for any shortcomings in our service delivery you experienced. I have discussed your feedback with our Operations Team to ensure we will do better in future. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to Sanya and our Resort in the near future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This resort is about 40 minutes away from Sanya Airport; may need to bargain with the taxi driver and the reasonable fees is around 120 RMB.

The amenities we specifically appreciate are: thick and fluffy towels, a variety of magazines in the room, 2 separate sinks, open closet with full length mirror, eye-leveled safe deposit box instead of one where you have to almost crawl down to the floor to open, separate shower & tub (in the room facing the balcony, quite unusual), reading light by the bed. An umbrella and a tote bag for shopping or swimming gears are also provided.

The gymn is well equipped but we were the only ones there all three times when we went so it's like our private gymn, nice!!! Towels and bottled water are provided. There are quite a few pools of different size and shape, very clean. The HIlton private beach, though not as big as their neighbor Ritz Carlton, is adequate. We walked the grounds of both Ritz Carlton and Marriott but we preferred the well-designed, lush and manicured landscaping of Hilton. My husband and I enjoyed strolling the grounds lined with coconut trees, palm trees, a plethora of shrubs and flowers. Every morning on our way to breakfast we were so intrigued by the buds & flowers of water lily/lotus flower.

Talking about food, the breakfast buffet is bountiful with both Chinese and western. The croissant is freshly made and is as good as those we have in Europe. Within 10 minutes walking distance you can patronize other restaurants in Ritz Carlton, Marriott and Sheraton or 2 other local restaurants in a little shopping center with a small supermarket.

Housekeeping service is timely and I noticed they even water mop the tile floor.

Avoid going to Sanya in the summer which is extremely hot and Chinese New Year which is unbearably crowded & noisy. In March this time it's been a satisfying, relaxed and refreshing trip for me and my husband.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fountainhongkong
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear fountainhongkong,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our resort. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time with us and would like to thank you for your kind words on our Resort environment. Feedback such as yours is always very motivating and a great encouragement in our aim to strive for excellence. We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you again when your travels will bring you back to beautiful Sanya.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 15, 2013

3 days, Hotel choosen by recommendation of friends.
Check in was very quick and easy.
The Room was awesome, huge and very well equiped.
The Hotel lobby was another highlight, wide and open and very welcoming
Breakfast was good, but after the second day we felt like it was more quantity than quality. First day we got lost on the way to the breakfast restaurant.
The Garden is another paradise, really beautiful !!!
The hotel is really worth the money and you get good service.
Staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Housekeeping did a good job, you never saw them but room always clean and ready for us.
We did not have any issues, 3 days full of relaxing.
About 20 min. walking from hotel is a market where they have all kind of restaurant and shops.
The taxi to hotel was the only thing made me upset, expensive and rude diver, but i guess that can happen everywhere.

Great hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Ling X,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time with us and we look forward to welcome you back when your travels wil bring you back to Sanya.
Best regards
shenyang
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went on a 4 days stay in Hilton Yalong Bay Resort and Spa, it has been an absolutely amazing experience. Shame my husband was away in England otherwise it would be perfect for our holiday. The Grand Seaview room has a huge round tub in the centre of the bathroom area, next to the shower, you can take a bath while enjoying the view outside the balcony. The room is spacious, bed and pillows are super comfortable. The service of this hotel is very good, some stuff don't speak very good English but all the managers are fluent in English and great with what they do, I felt well taken care of all the way. The food is amazing too, breakfast has so many varieties make sure you don't eat too much because it is just too nice. The gym is good too, I was there everyday, it has a big window overlooking the lake. Spa is fantastic it is right next to the gym. The hotel has a private white sand beach it is so far the best beach in Yalong Bay area. Anyway, I would always come back, this hotel is a piece of gem. Guests are from all over the world, but I would suggest you avoid the Chinese new year, there will be too many Chinese people, my kind, not bad, but a bit noisy here and there. Fantastic hotel, guests need to learn to respect No-smoking policies in Hall Ways. The Manager Andy is extremely friendly and welcoming. And go to the western restaurant in this hotel, the manager Henry is always making you feel on top of the world.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank H007Shenyang
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear H007Shenyang,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay. We are indeed very fortunate to have such great team members as Andi and Henry working with us taking great care of our guests day to day needs. I will certainly share your kind words with them and the rest of my team. It is always very rewarding when we receive such positive feedback as yours. An encouragement and motivation for all of us and we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you and your entire family back to our Resort soon.