1,908 results
All reviewsyalong baysea viewhainan islandswim up barroom ratenice resortpoolschinaenglishbathtubtaxi
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A nice place, difficult to get to, staff hardly speaks English, service is fine though once they have figurered it out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hallunder
Reviewed January 8, 2012

After our first stay at Hilton Sanya (2010 Dec.) we're so satisfied with the service, hotel facilities, and beautiful Yalong bay. We have recommended Hilton Sanya to everyone who wants to go to Sanya.

As a foreigner family with a small child living in Shanghai, we're eager to go to a sunny and warm place during winter. But at the same time we prefer a direct-short flight because our son is 4 yrs old and my husband doesn't have long holidays. So we decided to go to Sanya again and without hesitating we booked Hilton Sanya. Moreover, this time we brought our friends with two children. Last week of December 2011 we stayed there and we're more satisfied than the frist stay.
Before arriving there, we've contacted the front desk manager, Markus, for a few questions about children's pool and golf tee time booking, etc. He was very kind and thoughtful. We felt that he really cared for our comfortable stay and tried to prepare everything in advance of our requests. We felt we're treated like guests of presidential suite although we booked a room at an economic rate.
On arrival at the hotel, it's pleasure to be greeted by Korean manager(Sunny) because I am Korean. (My husband is an Italian). And she was always available during our stay. As soon as we arrive there, we're amazed by the beautiful scenery as we had been in 2010. The deluxe room is spacious and luxurious. The lobby, garden, pools are wonderful.

The children palyed all the day in children's pool or sand beach. I enjoyed play with kids in the pool and chatting with a freind and reading under the warm sun.

At dinner time, we apprecited that the new Executive Chef, Alvin, was willing to hear comments and feedback from guests. We loved the rich breakfast with good balance of Western and Aisan food. (I specially loved the noodle corner)
We had a good dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Good selection of menu at a reasonable price.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary during our stay. When the Executive Chef learned abour it, he immediately improvised a lovely cake by decorating cup cakes. We're really touched by his care.

After early dinner, we went the bar d'or, where husbands played billiard and children danced and relaxed with hot chocolate. All of us had fun there before going to bed early.

Let me say that we felt at home there because all staff really cared for your comfortable stay. We had wonderful relaxing family holidays. Absolutely we will make another chance to go back to Hilton Sanya in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucy7344
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The staff at the Hilton did a great job of making us feel welcome and attending to our needs. From Jack in Guest Services to Luke in the Big Kitchen, everyone was polite and friendly. As a frequent traveler within East Asia, I almost forgot I was in China! The facilities were in top condition as well: the pools were well maintained, the beach was tidy, and the grounds were nicely manicured. Our two little guys enjoyed the experience so much that we extended our stay for an extra night and they still weren't ready to leave. I'm looking forward to returning on business in a couple weeks!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a beautiful resort and I have been there for twice, and both stays are very pleasant and unforgettable.

Things I like from the hotel:
(1) Great location - centrally located at the best beach of Yalong Bay, a highly coveted and strategic asset of Hospitality industry in Sanya,

(2) High quality of breakfast with both western and Asian cuisines - dim sum assortments are great, along with the service. The only downside for breakfast is: at summer it was very warm and the AC wasn't doing its job;

(3) Great rooms and great views. As an elite member, I was upgraded to Deluxe ocean view room or beachfront room, based on capacity of the hotel. Both rooms have stunning views.

(4) Both the Chinese restaurant (Feng Yuan) and Western restaurant (ICE) are top notch in Yalong Bay.

(5) Beautiful and large pools - my little ones love it!

Things need improvement:

(1) It only has cable Internet connection, and in a digital era, any hotel without wireless connection is a passe to me;

(2) It has a relatively old hotel so that the internal decor is somehow worn out;

Other than that, this is a fantastic property and I can't wait for my third trip to go there!

Room Tip: Any ocean view room is great!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Sanya for our christmas break and had a very lovely time. The friendly and helpful staff are definitely a real asset to this resort. The pool is amazing - however was a little bit too cold for this time of year. A heated section would be nice.

The food was nice but not outstanding. They need to use higher quality ingredients and need to have things a little fresher - paying this money I would expect fresh juices ect. The pancakes and waffles at the breakfast were cooked and then sat on a plate waiting to be taken - by this time they were cold. It would be better if they cooked the pancakes and waffles as requested. Poolside food was expensive and not outstanding.
Water in the room / mini bar is very expensive and there is nowhere else in the hotel to buy bottled water (well - we couldn't find anywhere).

Overall, I would recommend this resort - lovely room, grounds, and pool. Staff are excellent - very friendly and helpful. The only thing this place needs to improve on is the food.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family