“Yalong bay beach”
Review of Yalong Bay

Yalong Bay
Ranked #2 of 86 things to do in Sanya
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were told this would be the most beautiful beach of whole China. We thought it was too crowded, lots of rubbish lying around on the beach and in the water and flooded by Russians. We liked the Pizzahut though :)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

With entrance fee, it is Not worth to visit if you have seen other beautiful beaches around the world already.

2  Thank Lillgha
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very quiet in the morning and calm and clean sea , very close to hotel pools and all facilities.there was nothing to claim about.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The resorts near the beach are excellent, the town is still quite dirty except the tourist area. If you speak Chinese, the price to eat seafood at a restaurant is better in town then those near the resorts.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I reserved a dive with the scuba shop located at the Aegean Conifer Resort Yalong Bay in Sanya, the Chinese name is 亚龙湾爱琴海潜水度假村. I found them on PADI's website, they are the only dive shop in Yalong Bay listed on PADI's site (although they are not the only shop to paste PADI all over the shop in Yalong Bay).

The driver who came to pick me up openly complained that I took too long to come down, but I was 10 minutes late so perhaps he was right. When you arrive it looks like a legitimate dive shop, but I started thinking it was strange when they took me straight to the bored teenage girl sitting behind a glass wall to pay my 780 CNY (for two dives) straight away, cash only. They were not willing (or capable?) to provide details on where they would take me diving.

Then it was time for outfitting. The octopuses were old and tired. i was told none of the depth gauges worked on any of them, but the air gauges worked fine because "those are necessary". In any case it was justified since the equipment is "free of charge" so I should not expect to have everything work fine. The rubber was cracking on the hoses, but that was normal too. When I began flexing the rubber on my octopus this other teenage girl tried stopping me saying I would break it if I kept doing that. All the while I was inspecting the equipment, the second teenage girl and some old guy straight off the farm in Hunan with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth are telling me to relax, the equipment is fine, it's all normal, as if I'm a scared little girl. The air temperature was over 30 degrees and the water temperature was 27 degrees, but the only wetsuits they have available are ankle length, long sleeves, thick, fit for diving in the Arctic. I began complaining to them about the poor state of the equipment, but I was reassured with the offer of a discount in case any of my equipment failed (I would pay only 700 CNY in this case). To prove everything was OK, they put my octopus in a bucket of water to show that the regulators worked. The primary regulator worked fine, but the secondary one did not work at all. It made this gurgling vibrating sound when I tried to breathe through it, and the button on the back had no reaction. The farmer with the cigarette took it apart and showed me that everything was fine, put it back together again, and it still didn't work. This is when I left. To their credit, they returned my money with no questions asked.

The dive master (loose use of the term) called me an hour later and said that everything was OK, they had new equipment, and if I came back the following day they would let me use the new equipment. I told him maybe next time.

The day before, at another "dive shop" on Yalong Bay at the Ritz Carlton, my wife rented wind surf equipment. They first offered her one with a hole in the sail. After refusing it, she got one that looked fine. In 10 minutes, the screw holding the mast to the board broke off, and off came the sail, clipping her foot.

Yalong Bay is the "elite" beach in Sanya. I can't imagine the situation at the other sites.

12  Thank Tedwado