My trip to Sanya Bay didn't start off so well with touters, but the 3hour drive to the place was worth it. I arrived at night and wasn't impressed by the dim lightings and dimly lit pool, but there were still many people there. The cafe took about half an hour to serve up our dinner even though it was 10.30pm and we were 5 out of 7 customers there. However, the food was pretty good I'ld say, tourist rates. Try the Indonesian Nasi Goreng if you're there. Great rice.
Went to the room after, stayed in a 1st floor pool view room, cheapest rates but definitely compensated with a higher ceiling, so it looked bigger. Free wi-fi in the room, definitely a bonus. Toilet was really nice, with glass doors separating the toilet bowl and the shower and the rest of the bathroom which included a bathtub. Best thing is that I casually filled up a feedback form on the side table about the beds, ticking that the beds were too hard, and the next day, WALA! The beds were changed to softer ones! Deeply impressed by that. Also, a light spoilt that night and we left it there. The next day, wala again, it was fixed. A definite 2 thumbs up for the housekeeping services.
Staff are always all smiles and definitely gives you what you ask for at anytime, paying close attention to your needs. Another bonus is the bar by the beach. Fantastic atmosphere with great music playing and a huge flat screen TV at the bar. Great place to chill after dinner.
Only bad things were that the pool isn't very clean, perhaps because stayers always enter the pool after visiting the beach (which is beautiful by the way). Cafe and restaurants have slow serving times, mostly at night after 9pm, I guess because the chefs have gone home or something. Location wise, it is definitely near to the beach, a bonus, but if you're going from Hai Kou Mei Lan airport, prepare for a long ride. Otherwise, try to make your way to San Ya Feng Huang airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Resort - The Pearl of Sanya Bay, situated on the scenic Sanya Bay. It overlooks beautiful Sanya Bay sandy beach, East Island and West Island. The Resort is 15 minutes away from the famous The End of the Earth, Nanshan Buddhist Cultural Zone, Sanya Phoenix International Airport and the downtown. 226 tastefully decorated guest rooms and suites with wide balconies overlooking spectacular sea & mountain views. The Executive Club Floor features 35 guest rooms & suites and an elaborate Club Lounge, which provides coffee, tea and evening cocktails. You can enjoy a hot spring shower in the room.Every restaurant offers a choice of indoor and outdoor seating. The Marina CafÃ©, an oriental bistro restaurant & cafÃ©, features global favourites with specially designed set menu and lavish authentic buffet spread to suit local taste and international travellers. Guest can enjoy exquisite Cantonese cuisine, as well as local popularities of Hainan Province in the Southern Hill Chinese Restaurant.A place overlooking the distinctive swimming pools and spectacular panoramic ocean view of Sanya Bay, the Harbour Lounge features snacks, pastries, coffee, teas and cocktails.Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Resort offers a very relaxing environment that features comprehensive recreational facilities. Hot spring massage gives you a wonderful experience. Only at the Holiday Inn do we provide a festive Philipine band for your dinning enjoyment! 'a colorful trio of guitars'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Hotel Sanya
- Sanya Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay Hainan