This would be a 5 star hotel for China standards, which, would equal a 3 star hotel in the United States. I've traveled in China long enough to know to have low expectations when it comes to customer service and facilities for hotels. I can say that my low expectations were met at Holiday Inn Yalong Resort.
I will start with the positive which is very friendly staff. Though they are not very good at execution, the demeanor and attitude is very positive of each (and many) staff we dealt with. Harvey at the front desk was extremely helpful when we were obviously very frustrated with our rooms.
Also, the Kid's club is great for toddlers. We had to supervise them, but, there are a ton of toys and a spacious room for them to play.
The rooms are basic and clean. The beds are extremely hard and I'm a person who likes a very firm mattress.
Also, be very careful if you have active and curious kids. The window latches are perfect height for little children. It unlocks easily (just pull the latch up--very intuitive for even a 1.5 year old) and push the window outwards. There is no screen on the window either.
We stayed in the rooms next to the Executive lounge on the 7th floor. It was very noisy. There was some type of boiler or generator of some kind and we could hear it every time it shifted on or off. Possibly the elevator? Regardless, it was so noisy all throughout the night. Even the air/con could not drown it out. We would have requested a new room, but, because it was such a hassle to get the room we were currently in, we decided we could live with it.
The private beach is merely a stretch of fenced off beach NOT on the water. That element of privacy was nice, however, because the hotel is next to a major tourist site, the beach next to the water was extremely crowded. The workers their all chew betelnut and spit the red juice in the sand. It's pretty nasty. Some will make the effort to cover their spit with sand, but, some could care less.
If you are a Priority Club Rewards member, do take advantage of the Executive Floor Lounge Happy hour. For a family of 4 (2 young kids), you can have the snacks and drinks and then order one or two room service meals and make it dinner.
I would recommend this hotel during low season and for those on a budget who want to stay at Yalong. Otherwise, spend the extra money for a more "resort" experience at another of the big hotel chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort Yalong Bay Sanya is located on the white sand beach of Yalong Bay, Sanya, Hainan Island, featuring crystal clear ocean, blue skies and only a few short steps to the water’s edge.1 hour’s flight from Hong Kong / Guangzhou 3~4 hours’ flight from Beijing / Shanghai3 hours’ drive from Haikou, capital of Hainan Island 50 minutes’ drive from Sanya Phoenix International Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Yalong Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Yalong Bay Hotel Sanya
- Holiday Inn Sanya
- Sanya Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Yalong Bay Hainan