“excellent italian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rome, Italy
“excellent italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best italian food i have ever eaten outside Italy! Absolutely to try the pasta, the pizza and the cakes Franco (the owner) makes!! Superb!!!

Visited October 2013

Sanya, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous delicious place for private events!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The place is simply great! The food, the Chef and the ambiance of a private villa - it all makes you feel you are back to Europe... dining at the exclusive home style restaurant somewhere in Italy.
We had a double-birthday party with my friend which we held at this beautiful restaurant. Just enjoyment and amazing evening we had with the friends - everybody loved it. Certainly! Can't list anything what you wouldn't enjoy. All the arrangements were taken care by the the Marco Polo's team - we felt so relieved on our day. Nice table set up at the yard, light music, fantastic food. The Lasagna - was just melting in the mouth - actually the best I have ever had in my life. The special pie from the Chef with cheese and salmon - super yummy. Needless to mention that pizza was a top notch!
Special attention goes to the fantastic birthday cake - it was superb and the biggest in my life! The whole environment is private and cozy, with the dining area, sofas, billiards and lots of space for performing a nice dance, if you will manage to take yourself away from the liberal- table with all the dainties. Well... Molte grazie for the team and the owner Franco for perfectly arranged evening.
The eyes, the mouths, the hearts and all the senses were regaled amidst the Italian scenery on a fine spring day in Sanya.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Aleksandra U
Shanghai, China
“real italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

cozy and friendly atmosphere with real italian fresh food!!! fantastic! the owner is always present and supervise the whole with high professionalism, especially the kitchen :-)

Visited December 2011
1 Thank tizianashanghai
Odessa, Texas
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

When my travel companion and I arrived, the Chinese hostess, who spoke English with a faux Italian accent, said that the restaurant was undergoing reservations, so they were serving a limited menu. There were four tables in the courtyard and the place had been recommended by a former colleague, so we gave it a try. We ordered a Greek salad, bread with cheese and mushrooms, lasagna and a filet in red wine sauce. Also, we ordered a glass of red and a glass of white wine. For some reason, the hostess felt the need to show me the wine on display inside the restaurant, which I thought was strange.

The salad arrived and it was fresh and tasty. Shortly, thereafter, the bread arrived with mushrooms and cheese. The bread was burned, which I didn't particularly like. About a 20 minutes later, My companion's lasagna arrived, and it was also burned on the edges. She took two or three bites and considered it to be inedible. When I asked where my steak was, the hostess got a little uppity with me, and it arrived 20 minutes later. The quality of the meat I was served was not to my liking, so I too took 2 or 3 bites. As we waited 15 minutes for our check, the hostess played with the screaming children at the two nearby tables. Mosquitoes nearly ate us alive before we finally got our 600 RMB bill. The owner/chef never once stopped by our table to ask us how the food was, but he did so for others.

Overall, this place should be closed for renovations instead of making a half-baked attempt at robbing people for second rate Italian fare.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank HDWhatley
China
“guests thrown out by patron - never again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Can not rate the food as we were thrown out by the owner himself because of our kids - we just ordered food together with another visiting family, 4 adults and 2 kids age group 4 years - kids are well edjucated and live in China / hotels for many years, restaurant garden was empty so nobody was disturbed . . . later we heard the owner does not allow children inside his restaurant anyway . . .normal Italian place, but never in 20 years of travelling seen such a rude behaviour. no further comments

• Visited October 2011