All reviews butler service driftwood restaurant drawing room social restaurant head butler chinese restaurant mini theatre pls note special thanks yalong bay yacht club concierge team west wing spg member bouncy castle lagoon room caviar
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Being an SPG Platinum member, I received a complimentary upgrade to a garden view suite. The guest services manager, Tatyana, was very helpful even before my arrival by making arrangements to pick me up from another resort. She also comped me high tea service which was unexpected and made me feel very welcomed. They also gave me access to a separate restaurant for my complimentary breakfast. The restaurant manager Michael went above and beyond making feel special and offered special dishes off a menu instead of going to the buffet. That included a soft boiled egg topped w/Beluga caviar and pan seared foie gras. WOW! Overall, the entire staff make their guests feel like VIPs and you can really tell they take first class service very seriously.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank CharlesR1281
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear ‘Charles R’,

Many thanks for recently selecting to stay with us at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay and for your kind review regarding your recent stay. I’m so glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review in regards of our friendly staff, exceptional service and especially for highlighting Tatyana and Michael, I think you definitely made their day with these remarks! Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, we all hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of personal assistance in your travel plans.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

We had a short 2-night stay in the glamourous ocean villa room, where we were spoiled with incredible service. The staff, although incredibly attentive and professional, remained friendly and approachable, something that is difficult to master in Chinese hotels. These guys rocked.

Our favorite dining experience was dinner at the Driftwood. The chef, Tom, gave us an amazing course meal with warm bread, seafood salad served in a coconut, the best flank steak I've ever had, and a refreshing mango sorbet dessert. It was great chatting with Michael, sharing bits of our travel experiences as he poured us wine.

Afternoon tea, kayaking in the mangroves, walks on the sand by the lighthouse, and swimming with incredible views made the trip unforgettable. This is a really beautiful resort, with genuine people who truly wish to connect with guests. Thanks to Grace for arranging our visit, and the pastry chef Thomas for his charming attention.

Room tip: Ocean villa has a private pool, living area and kitchen, separate from the master bedroom
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank emgambleta
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear ‘Emily G’,

Many thanks for recently selecting to stay with us at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay and for your kind review regarding your recent stay. I’m so glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review in regards of our facilities, food, service and especially for highlighting Thomas and Grace, I think you definitely made their day with these remarks! Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last, please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of personal assistance in your travel plans.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This year for our anniversary and his birthday we chose to come to Sanya. Being an SPG member, of course we will stay in St. Regis. This place is like a paradise, especially the stunning ocean view from The Drawing Room (lobby lounge), the Central Pool (especially during sunset), the beach with clear water and really clean sand. Thanks for the upgrade for our special celebration here. The team members here are all very passionate and friendly. Especially

Butler - Alex
Friendly and personalized, she asked my boyfriend before we arrived if there was any special occasion, he told her it was his birthday and our anniversary, she immediately replied saying she will prepare a cake for us. And after we arrived, she asked him where I was from, and he responded US, and from then on, she spoke to me in all English. I thought she was really sweet and from her work, I can really see the “allow me” service from her.

Chef - Kevin
Really good manners and always greed with a smile, it is good to see Chefs especially in the morning to be so cheerful. Not sure why, but he was able to pick up that I’m better in English, so every morning, he would say “good morning” to me, very nice touch.

Social Waiter - Felix / Draftwood - Anny and Elle are really attentive, attention to details and friendly.

Keep up the good work everyone and thank you for the wonderful 8 days. Hope to see you again in the future.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear ‘Ada C’,

Many thanks for recently selecting to stay with us at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay and for your kind review regarding your recent stay. I’m so glad to learn that you had a memorable stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review in regards of our surroundings, facilities, friendly staff, exceptional service and especially for highlighting Alex, Kevin, Felix, Anny and Elle, I think you definitely made their day with these remarks! Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last, please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of personal assistance in your travel plans.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

The moment we got here, it was literally a peace of mind experience. All you need to do is relax and enjoy the St. Regis Live Exquisite culture.

We were greeted by the assistant head butler. Checked in was being done in our suite. As you can expect from a St. Regis brand, everything would be flawless. Love the fact that our suite temperature was set at a colder temperature as we liked, and I wouldn't know what negative things I could talk about. I couldn't possibly fault this property.

I am not quite sure if this was something that most chinese hotel does in China, but everything seems to be huge and majestic. Not that I am complaining, but I do see a lot of similarities in the few properties we tried during our trip here in Hainan.
There are a few things to take note on. I can understand the direction of the property is taking. From what we've learned, 95% of the businesses are coming from the local Chinese. So, there are some difference between the St. Regis culture practice here and others outside of China. There is are some minor changes in the 5 signature butler service. Coffee and tea service is chargable unless the butler will prepare it from your own coffee supplies in the room. Packing and unpacking service is on request. But the service provided by the butlers are unquestionably flawless. Don't be shy to ask and they are able to get things done. A special shout out to our butler during our stay, Superb. And yes, he is as superb you can expect from what he is able to provide. Thank you for making our stay so memorable.

Shuttles are discontinued from what we've learned, but don't even bother to head out from the resort. You will have plenty of things and activities to keep you busy enough to head out. The signatures of the the St. Regis brand are the grand starcase and the chandelier. We had fun looking out for it and we finally found it just hours before checking out. For those who really love the brand, go on and hunt down these two. I can tell you that it is worth the effort.

We had a tour around the property assisted by our butler Superb. It's wonderful to get to see around the property. It is the largest property by land size in Hainan.
We were there at the end of winter and the beginning of spring. The weather is just perfect. There are relatively a lot of seaweed washed up during this season. You can join in with the team on cleaning up the beach. Quite fun to be honest.
There are two main pools at the resort. One is the heated pool and another one is the free-formed pool on the other wing. The heated pool is crowded most of the time, but you can understand why. It's a perfect place to take photos.

There is a multimedia room here too. More like a premium cinema. And to my surprise, they are actually showing the most recent movies. 6-8 pictures on the list. It is perfect for movie goers.

We had a tough time deciding where to have dinner. We end up in social. And then comes to the choice of dining ala carte or having the buffet. We opt out for the buffet in the end. Freshly cooked seafood to premium cuts and to the grill. Staff were attentive, and dinner was just delicious. I really love the lamb. Don't miss that out.

Breakfast at Driftwood. Good choice of sparkling, loads of choices of juices. The spread is reasonably good. And there is also a menu for guest to order from. I personally love the foie gras. Different from what the usual foie gras you have for breakfast.

We also had afternoon tea at the drawing room. A lot of sweet choices for my taste, but still a wonderful experience. And no stay at St. Regis is complete without trying the bloody mary. I actually don't know how to actually describe the taste, but give it a try. It is right in the middle between super delicious and super yucky. It is something you have to experience it to know what I mean.

On the whole, the whole experience from check in to check out. It is all about the #LiveExquisite culture. Though things may be a little different from other St. Regis around the world, don't discount this property. You are in for something wonderful.
Special thanks to Mr. Andreas for making sure everything was wonderful and taking the time to catch up with us.

Definitely one of my top 10 so far in 2018. Will return without even thinking twice.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ericwithmarriott
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Dear ‘rickycarter93’,

Thank you so much for your extensive comments on your experience and naturally we are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience. It was a thrill meeting up with you and we all hope to see you back again soon. In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you in your travels, please never hesitate to contact me: andreas.trauttmansdorff@stregis.com

Travel safe

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

We were blown away with how beautifully manicured the grounds are. It is breath taking. We had the buffet every morning and were quite pleased with all of the selection. The rooms are very spacious and we had a beautiful view of the ocean.

Joy met us with a warm smile and gave us a tour and got us settled in our room and checked in periodically.
The next day we met Raj when we went to book a driver and he negotated everything for us as it was hard to translate.
He gave us his cell phone number and worked as our liaison the whole day.

On his day off Raj even checked in with us to see if we needed a taxi arranged for the day we left. He made our stay much easier and he is such a nice man. He went over and above for us and it greatly impacted our stay.

The area itself is great for walking around. There are a few malls not far away.

Beautiful stay. Thank you all at St. Regis !
Chelan and Sharon

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Chelan81

Dear ‘Chelan81’,

Many thanks for recently selecting to stay with us at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay and for your kind review regarding your recent stay. I’m so glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review in regards of our hotel grounds,breakfast, spacious room, service and especially for highlighting Joy and Raj, I think you definitely made their day with these remarks! Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, we all hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of personal assistance in your travel plans.