Stayed at St. Regis Yalong Bay Sanya from 26/10/2012-28/10/2012 in a party of 8 couples from Singapore. Unfortunately for us we were hit by Typhoon Son-Tinh during our stay. The response of the hotel staff was very impressive. Blades from ceiling fans in exposed areas were quickly removed. Glass windows facing the sea were barricaded. We felt very safe while 120 km/hr hurricane winds and rain were pouring outside. The staff went from room to room to advise the quests.
The room themselves were very large with marble flooring. Toilets were very large and well stocked with Remede toiletries.
Breakfast buffet had a large assortment of very tasty Western and Chinese items. We had buffet dinner as well and enjoyed the meal.
Our party also had dinner at a local restaurant called Haiya in Sanya city which had all the famous local dishes such Wenchang chicken. Give it a miss. Good local atmosphere but quality of food was poor although cheap.
Generally hotel staff were very polite smiling and greeting us whenever we walked past them. Concierge was helpful with all our requests.
My wife and I tried Iridium Spa and while expensive was very pampering.
Would recommend this hotel if you want to stay at Yalong Bay, Sanya. But you need to check the high speed train schedule carefully if you are flying into Meilan Airport and going to Sanya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort is ideally situated on a generous stretch of the most coveted location on Yalong Bay, with exclusive access to more than 800 meters of pristine coastline. A resort unlike any other on Hainan, the St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort offers wide appeal across a variety of audiences – from business executives to couples seeking romance to families seeking a fun and relaxing vacation. The resort is exquisitely designed with luxury in mind, offering 396 contemporary guest rooms including 28 beachside villas. The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort offers a world of epicurean experiences, with three full-service restaurants, a wine bar, and a tea room. In addition, the St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay will be the only resort in Sanya that offers the signature St. Regis butler service to all guests, as well as South China’s first Iridium Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Hotel Sanya
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort Hainan