“Impressive service standards”

Ranked #8 of 1,333 Hotels in Sanya
Singapore
“Impressive service standards”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at St. Regis Yalong Bay Sanya from 26/10/2012-28/10/2012 in a party of 8 couples from Singapore. Unfortunately for us we were hit by Typhoon Son-Tinh during our stay. The response of the hotel staff was very impressive. Blades from ceiling fans in exposed areas were quickly removed. Glass windows facing the sea were barricaded. We felt very safe while 120 km/hr hurricane winds and rain were pouring outside. The staff went from room to room to advise the quests.
The room themselves were very large with marble flooring. Toilets were very large and well stocked with Remede toiletries.
Breakfast buffet had a large assortment of very tasty Western and Chinese items. We had buffet dinner as well and enjoyed the meal.
Our party also had dinner at a local restaurant called Haiya in Sanya city which had all the famous local dishes such Wenchang chicken. Give it a miss. Good local atmosphere but quality of food was poor although cheap.
Generally hotel staff were very polite smiling and greeting us whenever we walked past them. Concierge was helpful with all our requests.
My wife and I tried Iridium Spa and while expensive was very pampering.
Would recommend this hotel if you want to stay at Yalong Bay, Sanya. But you need to check the high speed train schedule carefully if you are flying into Meilan Airport and going to Sanya.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tzenSingapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the St Regis with my wife and 3 year old. The hotel and the staff were simply outstanding. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated to first class service at every turn. The rooms are very spacious and are simply beautiful. The dinning options for all of us were extensive and we tried all menu options. The butler service team were outstanding and are a wonderful touch. The kids club is very well run with lots to do. The hotel is right on the beach and has a great pool for kids and adults. Nothing was ever a problem for any of the staff. We had such a great family holiday and will return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew H
St_Regis_Sanya, Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Honoured Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review , I hope that you had a pleasant return journey

We are delighted to learn that your overall stay with us was enjoyable. We have conveyed your compliments to all the staff members and they are certainly pleased to see that their efforts are so well appreciated

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience St. Regis is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality and Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Allow me,
St. Regis Butler service.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My first trip back to Hainan for a long time and my first to the St Regis. The island has changed tremendously with a lot more to offer that the past. My stay with the family at the St Regis was to say the least outstanding. The rooms were fantastic, the restaurant provided some of the most memorable experiences ever but most of all the staff were incredible. There was nothing that they could not do for you as well as being extremely sincere. Best of all there was so much to do to keep 2 young kids happy. Their kids club was well equipped and comes with a delightful team who go out of their way to keep the kids occupied. We did not try the Spa as the stay was not long enough but met several others that were raving about it.

So overall the most memorable of stays and for those travelling to Sanya, there is no better place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChinaManDan
St_Regis_Sanya, Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort! Thank you so much for your stay and sharing your valuable comment with us. The Hainan Island really has changed a lot, especially for Sanya, St. Regis Sanya always provides the lovely scenes and attentive services, we highly appreciate your praise and affirmative. Please allow me to have opportunities to welcome you back to our resort with better impression on your next trip.

St. Regis Butler Service, Allow Me
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The St. Regis Resort is by far the best vacation that I have ever experienced. I travelled to Sanya with my husband and 7 year old son. The hotel was beautiful, upon arrival we were greeted with fresh orchid lays and fresh fruit beverages. The food and dining experience was 5 star and the staff in every department went beyond the call of duty to provide the best service that I have ever experienced in my life at any other hotel. The people that work at the St Regis are incredible people and my family and I enjoyed their company during our stay. The staff members at the St Regis actually treat you like royalty during your entire stay, they do everything possible to make sure that you are beyond satisfied. I especially would like to thank Joanna, Sean, Chrissy and Cathy for the great experience, if we ever are fortunate enough to come to Sanya again I hope we will stay at the St Regis and we do hope that we see you all again.

Michelle, Graham and Callum Kennedy

Room Tip: Choose the oceanview deluxe room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle K
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort! Thank you so much for choosing our resort and sharing your valuable comment with us. We are so delighted to know that you have a exceptional stay in our resort, and satisfied with our beautiful landscape, F&B and especially the attentive services, total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority. Allow me to appreciate your praise on behalf of Joanna, Sean, Chrissy and Cathy, and we look forward to treat you again on your next stay in St. Regis Sanya for another great exceptional experience.

St. Regis Butler Service, Allow Me
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went only for a night but was already impressed by the overall service and quality. The architecture and landscape are beautifully designed, although it's a bit dim indoor. Check-in was efficient, staffs were nice. My butler Will was attentive and always smiling - he strived to make sure everything was right for me. Room is very spacious with high ceiling and the bathroom is huge!

The Iridium Spa was the most impressive for a hardcore spa goer like myself. The service and technique were absolutely 5 star - just the treatment room was quite small compared to such magnificent space of the hotel. My massage therapist Joanna is one of the best therapists I have ever met. I regretted not having a longer treatment really.

In-room dining and breakfast were great too - nothing much I can complain about this hotel. The beach is only a 5 min walk from the hotel but I didn't have a chance to visit.

One thing to note is there's no free wifi in room, which I found annoyed given the St Regis name... And for some reasons, it could be me, I just didn't have a good sleep (either did my colleague sleeping next door actually). I am not sure if it's the bed, or the pillows, or the high ceiling (I find it difficult to sleep under high ceiling if I am traveling on my own).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EVILO
St_Regis_Sanya, Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your stay and valuable comment. it is our honor to provide such luxury facilities and thoughtful services and we are delighted to know that you had a impressive stay with us.Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment that we are able to maintain on our service standard. At St. Regis, we have always been committed to continuously give our guest a memorable experience such as the Iridium Spa, thanks agian for your satisfaction about it. For your dissatisfactions, I am so sorry about your imperfect sleep, but we have the pillow menu, please enjoy the different pillows during your next stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort for another exceptional and indigenous experience.

St. Regis butler service, allow me.
Paris, France
Reviewed July 26, 2012

St Regis in Sanya exceeded all our expectations This hotel is one of our all time best. A great hotel with extremely high level of services.. The staffs strive to achieve excellence and absolutely go out of their way to make sure everything is the best it can be. We even have our own butler ! . The huge room is excellent with a beautiful view of the outside. The bathroom is spacious and linen were top class. The breakfast buffet in the morning was also one of the best I have experienced in any hotesl that I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St_Regis_Sanya, Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Guest, we highly appreciate your stay and valuable comment. we are so delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us, and you satisfied our spacious room, luxurious room facilities, considerate butler service, your satisfaction is our utmost priority. As the St. Regis, we are so pround to provide luxurious facilities and bespoke services and beyond all guests expectation. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back for next excellent holiday. Butler service, allow me.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went for a short holiday with my wife and kid (14 year-old boy) to Sanya at the end of June, just before the summer vacation started. We bought an airfare-plus-hotel package from Dragonair for something like HK$3,200 each, which was reasonable given the St Regis name and the fact that it was just opened at the end of 2011.

The hotel is located at one end of the Yalong Bay and occupies a very large site with its own beach as well as a yachts club. The whole complex consists of a large eight-storey building with may be 300-400 rooms and two separate sections of 30-40 pool villas on either side of the main building. The architecture is okay but a bit strange. The rooftop of the main building looks like that of the Beijing airport passenger terminal. There are a large number of huge columns around the building supporting the rooftop. There are painted in bright yellow colour and probably try to convey a Chinese look. They are not really my cup of tea. Interior decoration and furniture is nice and elegant, but nothing really exciting.

We arrived after 9pm but registration was reasonably efficient. A bellboy led us to our room, and a butler was already waiting for us outside our room when we arrived. He showed us how some of the things worked in our room, which was nice but actually quite unnecessary. In fact, throughout our two-night stay we did not need his service at all.

Our room was quite big, probably something like 50 square metres in size, and had two double beds as well as a roller-bed for our kid. As the double bed was big enough for my wife and I, we decided that the roller-bed was unnecessary and asked the reception desk to get it removed. It took two additional conversations between me and the reception desk and more than half an hour to get this done. By then it was almost 11pm. Otherwise, we had no complain with our room.

Breakfast at the coffee shop was okay – although there were many selections they were mostly Chinese while Western choices were a bit limited, in our view. This probably had to do with the fact that most guests were Chinese rather than foreigners. The following night, we had dinner at the Driftwood Seafood Restaurant by the beach. We opted for the seafood set dinner for two – four oysters (if I remember correctly), two tiger prawns, a lobster, some squid and fish – at a cost of some 900 yuan or US$140. Add in my glass of white wine, juices for my wife and kid, plus a 15% service charge, the bill came to 1,400 yuan or US$220. Frankly, it was not worth the money because the quality of the ingredients was not that good.

We had an early dinner that night because we had made an appointment for a spa treatment at 9:30. The spa centre was located at a separate building near the main building and facing the yacht club. The building was quite big, with very high ceiling, and spaciously laid out. The reception area was wide open, and the corridors were very wide and could easily allow a tank to drive through. There was also an internal courtyard planted with a few trees. Strangely, the treatment rooms were not that big. My wife and I had a couples package and we shared a treatment room that came with an en-suite bathroom. As soon as we walked into our room, we were in a long and narrow section with two chairs and a cupboard. This was where we had our footbath – we were seated and our two masseuses had just enough room to kneel before us, each with a wooden washing basin. I stared at the white wall that had absolutely no decoration whatsoever right in front of me, and felt very claustrophobic. The massage room itself was not much better – there was enough room for two massage tables and space for the girls to move around doing their job, but not much surplus space. I just couldn’t understand why the treatment rooms were so small and the public areas so spacious.

The staff was generally friendly and many would proactively greet us and smile at us. This was quite different from our previous experience in Sanya about five or six years ago when we stayed at other hotels like the Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott. At that time most local staff would try to look away when we ran into them in an open area such as the garden or the corridor. I was particularly impressed with a swimming pool staff named William. I went swimming early the first morning, before the pools were officially open. I wanted to call my room and tell my wife my whereabouts, only to find that there was no phone around the pool because it was too early. William was getting the pool ready and he realised that I was looking for something. He asked what I needed, and then pulled out his own mobile phone to call the hotel’s general line to get a connection to my room. That was very nice of him indeed.

All in all, it was a decent hotel with very nice room (at least for us) but strange architecture. Nice staff, especially William. However, I had higher hope for a St Regis (this being the first time I ever stayed at a St Regis property though I had had lunch at the New York St Regis years ago).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank allanng2004
Dear Guest, we highly appreciate your stay and such detailed comments sharing with us. It is our great pleasure to know that your general experience in our resort was good, and you had a great impression of our room facilities, seriveces, friendly staffs such as William, total guests satisfaction is our utmost priority. Besides, we sincerely apologize for the inefficiency of removing your roller bed, please be rest assured that we have forwarded your comments to Front Office Department concerned and immediate action has been taken to ensure this will not happen again in the future. We would also appreciate your comments about Driftwood and Spa, we will do enhancements for each fields accordingly. We sincerely wish the exquisite scenery can bring back wonderful memories to you, we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Sanya. Butler service, allow me.