I spent 6 nights here with my son and his family. Flew there from Hong Kong, only 1 hour.
On arrival airport there was no car to meet us as pre arranged with the hotel! After several phone calls we were told to take a taxi and hotel would pay. We needed 2 taxis what with 3 adults, 2 kids, a stroller and luggage. I had to smile as what was on the meter when we arrived was twice what the hotel had quoted in travel guide so I'm sure the taxi drivers got paid far less. The staff were most apologetic for the mix up and immediately upgraded us.
My rooms and family's suite were extremely good. Comfortable and spacious with lovely sea view and most important - quiet, except for one night with loud music from garden but it finished by 10pm.
The facilities are very good with lots for children to do. The swimming pool is huge- lots of interconnecting ones that run throughout the complex. The kiddies loved the water slides.
We enjoyed the big cabanas on the beach but I don't think the beach is cleaned very often as found washed up pack of pills, glass and even hypodermic ..... So be careful!
The breakfast and evening buffet were both excellent. The first 2 days there was a conference on in hotel and staff were reluctant to let us eat in the evening buffet. We did so anyway and later we could see why as food vastly improved after the conference had finished! We ate in the Fish restaurant which we enjoyed and also had room service which was good.
There is a lack of signs about the place so it can be difficult to find some amenities but they assured us this was being addressed.
The international terminal had a duty free shop and an awful Burger King that only sold 3 items - no fries, coffee or chicken that wasn't spicy! Terrible! The only place with a/c though as rest of airport has only fans. Tip - go to the domestic terminal which caters for the mainland Chinese which is vastly better!
Weather was lovely but with the usual humidity you expect in Southern China.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport. MARRIOTT REWARDS PRIVILEGES Members get extensive discounts & special prices in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa including all day happy hour drinks in the Lounge & Starfish Bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan