Having read so many great reviews about this hotel, we decided to stay here for a long weekend. This is my 4th visit to Sanya and Im sorry to say that this was one of the worst stays. Let me explain:
1) Check-in: Im aware that its the summer holidays right now (we arrived on Friday at around 1pm) and there were alot of people waiting to check in. No one was there to manage the people waiting to check in or led us to another area to wait. It was like we were queueing for McDonalds.
2) Restaurants - we went to the Starfish market the first night - the food was very average for the price.The oysters were not fresh and we didn't finish them. I wanted to give a special mention to the Red Star Cafe, where the service almost drove me insane. It must have been instilled in the employee training for this restaurant, but a waiter/waitress/manager would come to our table and ask about our food and our stay, which is fine if you ask us after we finish our food but not during. What's more, 4 different people approached our table to do the same thing during one meal. I think thats a bit much! I get it that you're trying to make your guests feel welcome, but this is not the way.
3) Hardware - the lobby is the nicest part of the hotel in my opinion in terms of decor but its quite obvious that they used poor materials to build the hotel. At less than 2 years old, you can already tell that the hotel is starting to look a bit battered.
4) Rooms - in general the rooms are quite modern but really poorly cleaned. We had visible white dust on the bed frame which looks like it came from the painting above. This was there for the entire trip, no one attempted to clean it. Whats better is that we found a massive (almost 2 inch long) cockroach on our floor on morning of the last day - i guess that says alot about how clean the hotel is. Our room also had a connecting door to the next room and the door is almost as thin as paper. We could hear or neighbors talking, their baby crying and what they were playing on their TV. This was annoying because we would get woken up by our neighbors in the morning and couldn't get to sleep until their baby did.
5) Breakfast - the selection was pretty good but the quality of the food was only average. They use alot of locally produced food - like local dairy products by random Chinese brands, not even the likes of Nestle, which is not really safe to eat in my opinion.
6) Guests in general - while i was there, the majority of the guests were tourists from China, which were rude and made the experience all so much worse.
1) The pools were quite nice and they are really big. However, note that when you stay at a lagoon room, they aren't connected to the main pool! So you still need to take a short walk before you reach the main pools.
2) The R-cade i thought was wonderful. The movie cinema was great and the staff there were also very helpful. They also have gaming consoles, computers for the internet, pool, air hockey and two bowling alleys, which is fun for both adults and kids. I think this place has great facilities for kids, they have a kids playroom and decidated pool (currently under construction). But once completed, im sure families with kids would love this place.
Unfortunately, for me, i would never come back and would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends! Hope you find this helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport. MARRIOTT REWARDS PRIVILEGES Members get extensive discounts & special prices in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa including all day happy hour drinks in the Lounge & Starfish Bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan