This is a modern peaceful resort, far from the airport, town, and other hotels. Perfect if you want to forgot everything and relax. The rooms were excellent with typically comfy Renaissance beds, baths, and private balcony.
The swimming pools are enormous, and kept the kids busy from dawn 'til dusk. The hotel is on a quiet sandy beach, with plenty of beds and umbrellas and nice views of the sea, coastline and forest. The beach also offers excellent space for walking and jogging for several uninhabited kilometers south of the resort along the sand (where we found a huge dead PIG during a romantic sunset stroll).
The staff were generally very helpful, though they need to keep working on their English. The electric curtains got stuck closed in one room on the first day, it took 4 calls / visits to reception and 24 hours for this to be repaired!
The food was good, a wide selection is available without leaving the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport, MARRIOTT REWARDS MEMBERS get extensive discounts & benefits in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa. All members can enjoy happy hour drinks at the Lounge, R-Place and selected meal periods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan