Just got back from a 3 day vacation with a large family (4 Adults; 2 Teenagers; 1 Child; 1 Infant) and all of us were unanimous that the resort is "Wow"!!!
Infact, the first thing that strikes you as you enter the resort is the luxury; the newness of the facilities; the large rooms; the clean beach AND ofcourse the never ending pool (it goes on & on & on ....). So let me put down the Pros & the Cons.
* Unbeatable Pools with jacuzzis/artificial beaches/children slides/pool bar/private corners/lounging courners. It took us 3 days & 6 visits to the pool to cover the entire length & breadth of the pools. The best part being the night lights that make the pools look magical in the evenings
* Beautiful private beach - With beach loungers/ beach volleyball/ games. All maintained brilliantly
* Humungous breakfast spread - comprising of western breakfast; chinese delicacies; noodle station; amazing array of breads/fruits/juices
* Star Fish Restaurant - Only for dinners BUT the seafood spead is brilliant especially the Seafood platters with lobsters/alaskan crab legs/tiger prawns/oysters. Go for the Haitang Seafood platter
* Arcade : With 2 teenagers & a 6 year old child, the Arcade was the perfect place to get away from the sun. With bowling lanes/pool tables/video gaming stations/table tennis, it is the perfect place to recoup before the next pool dip
* Luxurious rooms - with soft beds; great amentiies; large balcony with couches & magical room views
* Far away from the city and so you should choose this resort if you plan to stay in resort all day (like we did). Forget the Sanya city experience and enjoy the resort
* No supporting infrastructure nearby outside the resort - the entire area is being developed and so there are no restaurants/shops/anyting nearby. So you are forced to dine in-house only. Personally, I like to have a few shops around my resort so that I can pick cheap beers/water/fruits etc
* Limited dining options outside of breakfast & the seafood restaurant - we struggled to order food from the In-house menu or the regular restaurant which has minimal food options
* High charges for everything - as mentioned before, the resort has many activiteswith super infrastructure. But they charge you for all of this including (i) cycle rides (ii) arcade games (iii) hotel activites.... the positive aspect os this is that you have everything in top conditions but nonetheless at pricey costs
* Language constraints - like anywhere in China, it is difficul tto commnucate to hotel staff as english is minimally used . However, they have a sprinkling of foriegn staff - Australian GM (Sean)/ Malasian Head Chef/Indian F&B manager, who are trying their best to make foreign guests feel comfortable.
In summary, the resort is highly recommended. Thanks Sean for maintaining a high class resort. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport. MARRIOTT REWARDS PRIVILEGES Members get extensive discounts & special prices in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa including all day happy hour drinks in the Lounge & Starfish Bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan