I am Impressed with this hotel. It is arguably the best resort hotel among plenty I have lived in because:
1) Minor conflicts between management and seasoned hotel patrons with loyalty cards often arise with
- free internet not provided
- complimentary upgrade not given
- breakfast not included
- partner didn't get to stay for free
- extended check out time not given
- complimentary breakfast not provided.
Not sure whether it is due to my HH Diamond status but this hotel provided it all by providing:
- 6p.m late checkout (thank you so much. This was utilized)
- free fruits and free wine
- free internet
- free use of minibar
- free afternoon tea at one of the inhouse cafeteria.
- free laundry service for up to 4 pieces of my dirty clothes per day
- free complimentary upgrade
- did not pay extra (I think) for my mistress
Being a cheapskate, I am for the first time in 2014 quite embarrassed by the amount of freebies provided.
2) Good product segmentation of private transfer services where you can choose between a Bentley, Audi, Buick, private car organized by hotel and bus from airport to hotel. I choose the Bentley which cost 2100rmb which is reasonable for a 5 star chain. As room for improvement, it would have been great if the driver knows how to operate the sound system on the Bentley. Would have been great if I could have operate it to make comparison with my Tata Jag.
3) Synergy with Double Tree Hilton. Being linked to Double Tree Hilton, you get many different restaurants to choose from between Conrad and Hilton and won't get bored.
4) Best services. Overall, I would rank this hotel's services better than Waldorf Astoria Shanghai which is one tier on top of Conrad in the Hilton food chain. An example was I dropped my laptop whilst eating breakfast at the lounge. A waiter positive engaged myself and asked whether I would like my broken laptop to be looked by IT. It is rare in China from experience for a waiter to make unprompted engagement. Most would hide their backside at first instance of an incident or "trouble". This is impressive beyond speech.
5) Super breakfast. Breakfast (complimentary) comes with the usuals plus made to order salmon steak or sirloin beef steak among others. The salmon steak comes with lime rather than the usual lemon. It perhaps show that thoughts have been given in providing great breakfasts. Room for improvement is that the coconuts provided at breakfast was "off" and grapes provided in room are not in their "prime" level of maturity. Greater care should be taken by the supervisor arranging supplies.
6) Room decor is nothing special but spacious and peaceful and privacy guaranteed. I could swim in the cold pool naked without fear of exposing my obnoxious middle age belly. The room would have been perfect if the in-room pool can be heated.
7) Transportation. As with most resorts, hotel is far from the city and Haitang Bay is a newly developed area where there are no taxis. This is all compensated by hotel which can organize private cars at very reasonable price of 500rmb for 8 hours or 300rmb for 4 hours or I think 200rmb to the city.
8) Chinese Restaurant. Provide good food again at reasonable price. If you eat "live" seafood in Sanya, you are most likely going to be ripped off. Consider eating at the inhouse chinese restaurant. The restaurant looks expensive but it's not expensive.
All in all, had a wonderful experience with Conrad Sanya. Highly recommended from a spoilt lower tier HNVI which is not easily pleased,
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay Hotel Sanya
- Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay Hainan