“The best place to relax”

Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
Ranked #26 of 1,330 Hotels in Sanya
Kyoto, Japan
“The best place to relax”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at Conrad Haitang Bay for 3nights with my wife last week. This was our third time to stay there. Typhoon Haiyan hit Sanya 2weeks prior to our visit. The hotel had been damaged to some extent but they had dealt with aftermath very quickly. So we were able to relax and enjoy our stay as usual.
All staff members were very friendly and kind. Their warm hospitality relaxed us.
Whenever we asked them something, they respond quickly.
We stayed at a king garden plunge pool villa. It was spacious and gorgeous.
Each villa is surrounded by high walls and privacy is not disturbed.

Moreover, food was great.
We had breakfast at "Teatro" every morning. They had wide selection. It was buffet style but many of them were cooked on demand. They were nice.
We had dinner at chinese restaurant and we enjoyed chinese food and Hainan local food a lot.
We went to the mediterranean restaurant, which was renovated recently, and had paella.It was very good.Located near the public pool, the ambience was also nice.

There were some staff members who spoke English and helped us in each restaurant.
Especially, the manager Jamel helped us very often. He was well-informed about food and wine.
We would like to express our appreciation to him.

We enjoyed "afternoon tea" and "cocktail time" at the lobby. The view from the Lobby was so nice.
We would like to stay at Conrad Haitang Bay again in near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Yamamoto-san,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and it was a pleasure meeting you in the resort. As a HHonros Diamond member, I also wanted to thank you for your continuous support and patronage to all Hilton Worldwide Hotels & Resorts around the world.

It’s my pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay. Your positive comments will certainly motivate the entire team in our aim to strive for excellence.

The team and myself will indeed look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Best Regards
Markus Kosch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday this is definitely a great place(for now).
Nice weather in November.
But the surrounding of the hotel is too dark at night time.
It takes around one hour travel to Sanya tourist spots.
Definitely will come back again!
The taxi driver told us there are 32 more hotel coming up in Haitang Bay...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Yuki,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us.

It’s my pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay. Your positive comments will certainly motivate my entire team in our aim to strive for excellence and also, your suggestions will be taken and we will improve accordingly. Haitang Bay is developing fast and I do believe that a better and well developed beautiful Haitang Bay welcomes you back in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great Place to stay if you want a Pool villa and extreme privacy.
Nice Villa. Very Private...
Great surroundings.
Very friendly staff.
Very exclusive feel..
Very peaceful, large property with less than 100 rooms so you wont see a lot of crowd...

Room Tip: Most Rooms/Villa are great... but I noticed some Villa near the beach.. you can actually see the roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank WKKL
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear valued guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back the near future!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I’m writing to here to express my excitement and satisfactory for this holiday which my wife and me spent two perfect days in Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay hotel for our wedding anniversary.
I got a warm welcome and upgrading to Villa form FO when I check in.
The staff are so friendly and thoughtful, the facilities in this hotel are humanized and the surroundings and scenery are excellent, which made a profound impression for us and we really enjoyed such relax and comfortable atmosphere.
It is no doubt that Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay will be our best choice once we travel to Sanya again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blues Z
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Blues

Thank for taking time to share your experience on your recent stay with us and it was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

We are delighted to read that your wife and you enjoyed a wonderful wedding anniversary here at our resort. Distinguished by its contemporary architecture styled on the French Riviera, our 97 luxurious villas and rooms overlook the blue ocean, lagoons, resort or gardens. Each villa boasts a private pool, sun lounger, cabana, and is encircled by vibrant foliage for complete privacy. Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay is indeed a taste of paradise in secluded villas among tropical gardens by an idyllic white-sand beach. We are glad to make your stay a memorable one and positive reviews like yours are always encouraging for us to keep our service of high quality.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your next wedding annivesary!

Qingdao, China
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have visited Sanya several times already, stayed or had meals in different hotels but nothing is compared to Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay. We love the low-rise colonial / roman style architecture and villa with private pool concept. Even the hotel is fully booked (stayed there during the October holidays) you don't see crowds of people. Due to the size of resort (maybe 100 villas only) you receive a very personalized service. The staff always greeted us with our names and simply went the extra mile to make sure we have a good time. They have some great people like Jamal, Bernie, Alan, Josan, Richard and Stefan, a new Chef from Switzerland and served us whatever we needed. We loved the Paella in "Senses" - and the mediterranean style food. We met the GM Markus who told us that he grew up in Spain.This must be the reason why the food tastes so authentic. The Conrad is connected to the Doubletree Resort which offers additional restaurant choices...For lunch you shouldn't miss the Noodle Box and for dinner the "PACIFICA" is a must. Great cocktails, live music and comfy food from the grill. The beach is simply amazing; one day I walked to the neighbouring hotel, which is approx. 2.5 km away, and I didn't meet one person on my way (roundtrip). I guess this will change over years but it was such a peaceful experience. Markus & Team, thank you very much for a great holiday and hope you guys are still there next year, when we return to Conrad Sanya.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Alexander

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to host you and your family with us for the 2nd time. We are delighted to know that you had an unforgettable memory. Thank you for your kind words, which will be shared with the team. Valuable reviews like yours are always very important to us for our aim for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next year!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My name is Shi Man Li. HH# 153294277, tier Gold. I have a very unhappy experience to share with all who are choosing this hotel..

I planned a trip at Conrad Sanya several days ago and used my Visa infinite card to registered a Hilton gold member at visa call center. The credit card was then canceled and destroyed due to personal reason. The booking was made on hilton website and reservation no. is 3537490381 from 9/25 to 9/26.

When I arrived at hotel in the afternoon, the front desk staff was unfriendly. Firstly, a girl questioned my gold membership qualification and asked me where I had obtained this gold membership, otherwise they would not give me any benefits as a gold membership. Unwillingly I told her that I used by previous visa infinite card to make it, but she seemed not believe.

I called lobby manager to address this problem for me. But later proven that she was completely a nightmare. She again questioned my gold membership and refuse to admit my gold membership just because they did not see the visa infinite card. I felt insulted and doubt if they have the right to ask me show my personal belongings. It is not in the airport customer nor police station, I am customer with reservation directly from hilton website and paying for this stay by myself.

The left time for me was hard to describe as it seemed I have committed a significant crime. Any staff in the hotel deemed me as an enemy or criminal.

I am now seriously in doubt of the faith of hilton hotels. Before I arrived the hotel, I am always told by my friends about their magnificent experience in HH, how good the gold membership benefits they have received such as complementary breakfast, afternoon tea, lounge access... But for me, these words could only bring pains.As an ordinary gold member, I was questioned by no reason, being asked for showing my private card and the hotel staff gave me no alternatives that I will be proven guilty if I cant show it. It is totally FBI work and a treatment for criminals.

I do feel insulted deeply. I do doubt if Hilton hotel always treat their elite members and direct online bookings in this way. If that is the case, I would rather give up this “gold” membership as I suffered enough being treated as a criminal at the front desk, being asked offensive questions over and over again, being hold for more than an hour and finally given no membership benefits at all.

The duty manager was terrible, her name was Molly. If she was still in the hotel, I will not return and will tell anyone who interested in Conrad Sanya about this nightmare I have encountered which is also what they could have had in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Shi Man L
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear valued guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

As communicated with you earlier via e-mail, the Gold status benefit of Hilton Honors is only available to valid Visa Infinite cardholders. If a cardholder closes or the card is canceled for any reason, the Gold membership is terminated. This is disclosed in the terms and conditions for all eligible Infinite cardholders.

To extend our courtesy and hospitality, your reservation was then free upgraded from Deluxe Plunge Pool Room to Garden View villa with compliments.

Sincerely looking forward to your understanding and we thank you again for your recent stay with us!

Beijing, China
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The resort is in an excellent shape. Every morning we had a fantastic breakfast at the Theatro. Additionally to the very good buffet we were able to order delicious steaks and salmon dishes. To our surprise we found German pretzels and different cheese. In the afternoon we enjoyed the nice atmosphere at the Vue Lounge at afternoon tea with delicious snacks and live jazz music. For dinner we were able to choose the very good Chinese restaurant La China, the Theatro for all day dining and Signature for seafood. The nice garden with fountains made us feel like being in Versailles. From the pool you have a view to the ocean. This is a very good and quiet place to relax. We can fully recommend this Conrad Resort in the Haitang Bay in Sanya.

Room Tip: The Villas on the southside have ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Claus

Thank you for taking time to share the experience of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife during your stay.

I’m glad to see that you had a wonderful vacation here and will definitely share your kind words with my team, which will encourage us to continuously deliver our Conrad service of the highest quality.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!