“A bit of a disappointment”

Sanya dolphin sports bar & grill
Ranked #1 of 402 Restaurants in Sanya
Cuisines: International, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went after having this suggested to us. We arrived early for dinner and selected our table and the service started out fine. She ordered a pasta dish and I got the ribs we heard were really good as well as nachos for an appetizer. After that it became very difficult to ever get a waiter despite their being many and the time it took for even small requests was very long. The food is difficult to rate as the nachos were good and the ribs were very good. However, the portion for the ribs (which were fairly expensive) was very small. My wife's macaroni only saw 3 spoonfuls eaten as it was just too poor to finish.

The worst part of the experience was the ambiance. The entire staff seemed completely indifferent to our presence. There was simply no care from the owner or staff and it reflected in the experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff talked english, they had very good service and was fast.
Ate there 4 days and the fodd was very good all four times. Prices are ok . 55-60 rgb for a burger with fries

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I ran across the other reviews for Sanya Dolphin Sports Bar and was extremely excited to potentially find good Western food. I had been traveling for 3 weeks in Southeast Asia and was really craving something as close as possible to the good old USA. The atmosphere is certainly Americanized, food was very good as well, I just wish "no care, no rush attitude" could somehow be removed in restaurants that are trying to give an "American feel". Its as through they make so much extra work for themselves when serving people, that the service becomes bad. I would certainly return and recommend. Just wish the service would be better. I had the cheeseburger, fries and coleslaw and was pleased.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A sports bar with excellent food, a wide variety of drinks (they have cider )))) and friendly staff who'll do their best to service you well. Average price is around 50 rmb for a burger served with 2 side dishes.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in sanya for 5 nights and we visited the dolphin bar 4 times. Prices are expensive for china but most definitely worth it for the food. The burgers are awesome! They do deals every day (think its half price on selected food) we went on a Tuesday and it was half price sandwiches and buy one get one free cocktails... After 8 cocktails I was still sober (I'm usually a light weight so this was a problem) I then ended up buying a bottle of rosé for 188rmb. Tasted weird. After 8 cocktails I expect to be passed out with my head in the toilet... What a shame! Great western food though, exactly what I need after living in china for 6 months!

Been to Sanya dolphin sports bar & grill? Share your experiences!