When we planned our stay on Hainan, first of all we expected to find a calm place where we could spend several days after busy Beijing and Hong Kong. So we chose Intercontinental for several reasons: 1. We stayed in Intercontinental on Bali last year and it was amazing 2.This is the newest hotel - it was opened only a year ago, so it was a great chance to live in a new hotel 3. This hotel stands separately from all other hotels.
When we arrive we were surprised as we were moved to the Water garden room instead of a normal room! The room was so nice. It was so spacious and it is divided into several parts. So we had a big bathroom with two separate showers (one of them was on the open air), big living room and the great terrace with the big sofa and great view to the sea and water garden.
We dreamed about the calm hotel but this hotel surpassed all expectations! It was so peacefull and ...empty. Myabe that was like that because of low season, but all swimming pools were empty or there were maximum five people!
The territory of the hotel is very big and beautiful. It is decorated with different gardens, pools and pavilions.
The breakfast was very nice with plenty of different dishes (mostly asian) with fresh juices and tropical fruits. Also we had a great meal at the Asian Village - the restaurant of asian cuisine with a big choice of dishes! If you want to go outside for a dinner - there are many local restaurants only 5 minutes away from the hotel by the taxi!
The staff was very polite and kind. If you need smth they will help you immediately!
As for the beach...We were a bit dissapointed by the beach as we are the fans of the sea and this is very important for us. The beach is quite big, but there is only a small enclosure where you can swim. And the other parts of the beach are rocky with a big quatity of stones. So if you are looking for the beach resort , I suppose that you won't be satisfied.
Totally I can say that we had a great and relaxing holidays - just what we wanted! Hope to come back again one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanya Resort occupies one of the most beautiful locations in Sanya – Xiao Dong Hai. Surrounded by pristine white sands and majestic mountains, this resort offers guests inspiring views from every room. Beautiful water features and water gardens throughout the resort create a serene yet stylish ambience. InterContinental Sanya Resort offers 343 rooms including 24 beachside villas, and guests can lounge in four swimming pools, dine in seven restaurants and bars, unwind in our soothing SPA InterContinental or choose from one pillar free ballroom and seven inspiring meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Sanya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sanya Hotel Sanya
- InterContinental Sanya Resort Hainan