Welcoming the guests should be better.
We arrived at the lobby later on the evening, after a terrible boat trip from Zhanjiang. We were left more than 2 hours on sea, due no space for the boat.
By checking in, the girl working that evening, informed us that we need to pay a deposit, to cover in advance for the breakfast.
We told her that we booked over Ctrip, and that breakfast for two was included.
Och, no it's not, was the answer.
So we took the confirmation out of our bag, and showed her.
"I'll give you than breakfast for 1 person!"
This made us really upset, and we couldn't accept this.
Since one of us is a golden SPG member, did we get the proposal to "upgrade" to a room with ocean view.
We thank her, but she said: there are only ocean view rooms with separated beds.
That's not an upgrade!
That's a downgrade!
Why should we have to sleep separate, when you choose for a hotel with a good name, pay more for it, just to be sure to have a good and big bed?
My friend called the manager on duty once we were in the room.
He asked if he could speak the Western manager on duty that evening.
Reply: You know that Western Managers don't work on Friday evenings.
Second question to get a chance to speak to him/her in the morning.
Reply: They don't work during weekends neither.
We were a bit shocked, and no help at all.
Indeed, we've got a chocolate box and fruit at the room, when we were back from late dinner. But no apologizes, nor explanation or a manager who checked on us in the morning.
We've stayed before, but this time was not a welcoming stay.
Perfect service at the Lounge, great food at the Terrace and swimming pool!
They are most friendly and helpful.
On Saturday we've rebooked a room for the afternoon, since our schedule was changed, and the guy at service did a great job to help us.
So we think that the girl that evening was not capable or trained for this job.
Overall stay is still nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Haikou Hotel, a magnificent beachfront resort, just 10 minutes away from the heart of the city. 40 minutes drive to Meilan International Airport and 2 international golf courses within a few minutes' drive. Contemporarily designed with guest utmost comfort in mind, all 341 rooms including 36 suites are exceptionally well appointed with luxurious touches throughout. All rooms are exceptionally well appointed with luxurious touches throughout which feature a spacious work area, high speed internet access, generous sized bathtub and separate rain forest style overhead showers. Six Food & Beverage venues present an endless array of culinary choices, including 3 restaurants and 3 bars: Jade, Breeze, Fusion, Seaview Lounge, Pinot Noir Wine Lounge, Pool Bar and 24-hour room service. With over 1,300 square meters for meeting and celebrating, Sheraton Haikou Hotel can accommodate events and special occasions from 10 to 600 guests. Including 2 pillarless ballrooms, 5 function rooms and a VIP room offer the functionality of breakout rooms for larger events or can be utilized for more intimate gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Haikou Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Haikou Hotel Haikou
- Haikou Sheraton
- Sheraton Haikou Hotel Hainan, China