See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2012

In searching for a hotel in Haikou, this Sheraton property was the only Western chain that came up in my search. As a matter of familiarity, I chose to stay here. While the choice was somewhat by default, it turned out to be a good choice. The biggest worry was getting to the hotel by taxi. In retrospect, I would probably arrange for hotel pickup if I had to do it over again. The ride is a relatively long one from the airport. The check-in experience was quite efficient and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was sprawling and the biggest problem I had was finding my way to my room and then remembering how to get back to the lobby. But when I did find my room, I was quite happy with it. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The internet also worked well. The morning breakfast buffet was quite nice with very good variety and quality. Though I did not walk the grounds, from what I could see they were vequite lovely. The price for the room was very fair making this a very good value. I would recommend this hotel if you intend to stay in Haikou.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie Z, Online Distribution Manager at Sheraton Haikou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Debbie K,

Warm Greetings from Sheraton Haikou Resort.

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Haikou Resort and taking the time to share your valuable experiences with us. We are delighted that you have a good time in Haikou and enjoy your Haikou trip!
Sheraton Haikou Resort is the first western chain hotel in Haikou area. She already 6 years old and the landmark of Haikou hospitality industry. The only point is Sheraton Haikou Resort is located at the beautiful west coach and a little far away airport. So my recommedation is that choose the Taxi by meter or book a limo service.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was there for only a night for business and it is ok to me. Honestly the hotel is a little be dated and the photos from the website are way better than what you get. First off, check in was slow... Room was spacious but very damp - at some point I had to call the house keeping for some kind of fragrance to disguise the damp smell of the room - it's quite unbearable! Well overall it's not too awful and i did have a good sleep (the pillows were great I have to say!). Breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices. Not sure if it is a good hotel for vacation but for business travel it's alright.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for sure
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear EVILO,

Warm Greetings from Sheraton Haikou Resort.

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Haikou Resort and taking the time to share your valuable experiences with us. We are delighted that your recommendation for the business stay!
Becasue of the lacation near the sea, sometimes the room will drive you uncomfortable. I apologized for the issue and our housekeeping will strength the dehumidification.We will keep attention on training of Front desk associates in order to provide the excellent service to all our guest!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our family stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at Sheraton Haikou in Dec. The lobby into the suite was grand and the size of the bedrooms, living&dining room was very generous and the interior decorating was modern and well-kept. The free-standing bath tubs were worth mentioning, as my children spend much time "swimming" in them.

There were 4 hotspring jacuzzi, at any 1 time, 2 were open for use. The thermal temperature could reach high as 40c, so it took some getting used to. While the outdoor temperature could be chilly, the hotspring water which outflow into the main pool makes swimming abit bearable. The waterslide was entertaining as my children spent much time there. Inflatable tubes were available for rental.

The beach was quite a disappointment though. We even took a taxi to a nearby beach that was quite popular but found it to be over-rated.

As the food in the restaurants in town were not suitable for us, we consumed most of our meals in Sheraton. We went to a recommended famous hainanese chicken rice restaurant in town, which served us the whole chicken along with its innards at the side. As it was rather bony with little meat, we left most of it untouched. The breakfast buffet at Sheraton had quite a good variety in its spread and the chicken rice served was many times better. The service staff even brought me a dish of boneless white chicken breastmeat when I mentioned that it was quite bony. The restaurant staff were attentive and polite during all our meals there.

The conceige discouraged us from visiting the local zoo, saying that it was not worth our time. However, we went anyway and had one of the best safari experience, totally different from what other countries had offered. We booked a taxi for about S$80 from 10am to 4pm. The driver drove into the zoo and stopped next to panting lions and warned us not to open the doors and windows. After which, we proceed to the giraffes and elephants enclosure. We could purchase animal feed for $2 each. We got to ride on camels, cuddle a tiger cub, feed the monkey and marvelled at the liger and tigon (cross bred between lion and tiger). Definitely worth visiting.

The conciege also discouraged us from visiting the central park, saying that it was for walks and children to run around only. We went anyway and our children got to drive us in a buggy each, with us parents as passengers, around the park. There were many watersports facilities there, all at reasonable prices.

Overall, our trip was so absolutely enjoyable that we cancelled our Sheraton Sanya stay, in order that we may fully appreciate the sights and the hotel. If we revisit, will definitely choose Sheraton again.

Room Tip: A suite is worth splurging on
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jewel_J
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Warm Greetings from Sheraton Haikou Resort.

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Haikou Resort and taking the time to share your valuable experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the whole trip in Haikou and your stay in Sheraton Haikou Resort..
Our hotel is located on Bin Hai Road, a very scenic and picturesque road on the West Coast of Haikou about 20 minutes from the city, there are frequent and very convenient local affordable bus services to the city, I will advise our concierge to arrange for better Taxi coverage to ensure comfort to our guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Service staff always try hard and are very pleasant. We're surprised they don't have better records of repeated "preferred" guest members considering its our 4th time staying at the resort, an annual holiday trip for us. There was no special treatment. The hotel used to provide fruit and other resorts with better record keeping will give room upgrades but overall it was a nice experience. House keeping was lacking, didn't provide extra towels even though there were 3 of us staying in the room and never swept or cleaned the balcony. However, a great change this year is that they provide lots of free bottled water. We never ran out! That was a great change from charging rmb 20 per bottle!

• Stayed: May 2012
Stephanie Z, Online Distribution Manager - Stephanie Zhang at Sheraton Haikou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest, Warm Greetings from Sheraton Haikou Resort.Thank you for staying at Sheraton Haikou Resort and taking the time to share your valuable experiences with us. We are delighted that you choose our hotel several times for your annual stay and apologized for the service not make your fully suprised! Our rooms director will deal with this problem immdiately and training the associates to pay more attention on guest request. When you come back next time, you will find a different change, not just mineral water! Thank you again for taking your time to share with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.Best regards!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Located directly on a busy freeway so you won't want to walk far. Pool is good. Food is overpriced and poor quality. Staff overfussy until any problem then all disappear.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mightymark9
Stephanie Z, Online Distribution Manager at Sheraton Haikou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Warm Greetings from Sheraton Haikou Resort.

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Haikou Resort and taking the time to share your valuable experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the pool facilities and take this opportunity to apologize for the poor Food and Beverage Service.
Our Food and Beverage Director has acted upon your valuable comments and has put action plans in place to address this issue immediately.