Was here for two nights and quite impressed overall with their service. Perhaps occupancy was not high but service was very personalized with staff calling me by name, a handwritten note in English re: the weather, noticing what side I like sleeping on etc., a quick in room check in etc. I was in the Middle East for 9-10 days so really missed Asian food & ate as many meals as I could at the summer palace restaurant (where they did at lunch keep delivering dim sum I did not order)
Seaview room was spacious and comfy, free wifi in room and in the Shangri-la car (that was a first for me, wifi in a moving veicle).
The only downside la were:
1) location: Haikou city cab drivers were not happy with remote location, always had to pay extra to hail a cab
2) my room had a heavy moldy smell, especially with the aircon on.
I was here for work (golf event) this is a very nice place /hotel for Haikou. Though I would not come to Haikou myself (on my own dime) for holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying off the coast of the Qiongzhou Strait, the hotel is a paradise that features the ocean extending to the blue sky, the sea breeze, soft sands and sunshine. The ideal location also makes it the finest hotel for business travellers. The hotel is adjacent to the Hainan International Exhibition Centre and the Haikou Municipal Government office. An internationally renowned golf course and scenic coastal park are just steps away. It takes only 45 minutes to get to the Haikou Meilan International Airport and 10 minutes to get to the train station.The hotel has 337 spacious rooms and suites. Almost of the guestrooms feature an ocean and garden view. Guestrooms have a spacious cloakroom, a separate shower room with rain shower and a 40-inch LED television, and the balcony with rattan furniture makes the guestroom more relaxing and comfortable. Guests can take a rest on the balcony and have a cup of hot tea or coffee with the family while listening to the waves and enjoying the sea breeze, and the beautiful sunset offers an unforgettable Haikou experience.Guests staying on the Horizon Club floors – from the seventh to the ninth floors – enjoy a higher standard of accommodation with personalised service and a host of exclusive privileges and amenities. These include private check-in and check-out at the Horizon Club Lounge on the 10th floor, check-out as late as 6 p.m. (subject to room availability), buffet breakfast, evening cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the Horizon Club Lounge during daytime hours, suit pressing upon arrival and a daily international newspaper.There are three dining places that are in service now--- Shang Palace, the one of the signature restaurants of the Shangri-La Group; cafe Kool, a place that can experience more than 180 kinds of delicious cuisines from all over the world; Lobby Lounge provides fine wines, cocktails, snacks, coffee and freshly squeezed fruit juice. The Health Club situated on basement floor one, offers a range of health solutions that includes a gymnasium, an aerobics room, Jacuzzi, a 25-metre indoor swimming pool, steam rooms and table tennis facilities. The fully equipped gymnasium provides the optimum space for bodybuilding and has a range of free weight equipment to complement each workout. Thanks to the dormant volcanic clusters located on the outskirts of Haikou, the hotel has three hot spring pools with hot spring water. After swimming in the 790-square-metre outdoor irregular arc-shaped swimming pool, guests can rest on the chaise longues under umbrellas, or take a dip in the hot spring pool.Soon-to-open facilities: Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La, outdoor tennis court, Italian restaurant Sirena, seaside wedding chapel and the Grand Villa with seven rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Haikou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel Haikou Hainan, China