I stayed here for two nights, at the start of 1 week Hainan stay.
The idea was to stay in Haikou for 3 or 4 nights en then move to Sanya. But the hotel ambiance did not persuade me to stay longer then 2 nights.
The hotel actually was hard to recognize from the street, since there was no exterior sign of “Meritus Mandarin”; the hotel chain changed owner, and the renovation to changing to other “china-brand” was in full process. The main lobby entrance was moved to the right.
Room (1520) was average space, lots of white wood decoration furniture and interior; Toilet room wit.h separate shower-cabin and bathtub; all toilet amenities available. The bed was not as soft as I like it to be. Sleeping quality was OK. The TV was widescreen LCD with a lot of Chinese channels… only one film net channel available; The internet was WLAN and LAN on the room; but I was not able to connect; not with smart-phone and not with laptop. Breakfast was OK: enough choice for Asian and Western taste; this was one of reasons I decided to move on after 2 nights.
All in all the stay was average; next time in Haikou, I will try another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel is the first International 5-star luxury business hotel in haikou, ideally located in the most exclusive residential area yet within the new financial capital hub of the Special Economic Zone, Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel is 26km/35min by car to Meilan International Airport with its close proximity to the railway station, harbor, beautiful beaches and attractions. With 270 guestrooms and suites in a modern contemporary design, first class equipment including broadband internet access and free WIFI, in-room electronic safe, together with our impeccable service with a warm smile, all that you would expect to ensure an enjoyable stay has been meticulously designed. Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel is definitely the first choice hotel for business and leisure travelers. Guests from the Junhua Club Floors are offered personalized check-in & check-out service, laundry, round the clock business center. It is an executive lounge for complimentary breakfast, evening cocktail, afternoon tea, meeting room, equipped with a computer room. Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel has 3 Specialty Restaurants. The Zen Lounge is a perfect place for business meetings and an ideal venue for afternoon tea and evening cocktails. The Panorama Cafe provides guests with an array international selection of favourite breakfast and dinner which near 1st floor outside swimming pool. You can partake a wide array of Dim Sum and sip traditional Chinese tea in Tang Palace Chinese Restaurant. Boast the most extensive convention facilities and the largest pillarless grand ballroom in Haikou. Whether it is for 50 or 500 persons for a lavish gala dinner or conference, the 7.5m high ballroom can be partitioned into 3 smaller sections. 4 separate meeting rooms are ideal venues for small to medium-sized group (10 to 20 persons) meetings, private parties, press interviews and receptions. The luxury multi-function hall is served with karaoke, entertainment,chess playing and tea on the 3rd Level. It is the excellent choices for Birthday and Family Party, or Crazy Festival Celebration. Renew and recharge yourself at Wellness Place with our state-of- the-art fitness and cardio-vascular equipment. Overlooking two outdoor tennis courts, the Club includes an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam rooms, a Jacuzzi and yoga room. And for sun bathing a half-Olympic size outdoor pool set amidst lush gardens and gazebos awaits you on the ground floor. Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel is established in 1997 and offers all walks of life and holiday guests, serving with unparalleled accommodation and elegant and superior food & beverage, it always with excellent quality of service level in leading position. It was awarded "The Most Popular Business Hotel in China" in 2009, "China's Top 10 City Business Hotels" in 2010, "Most Popular Business Hotel of China" in 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meritus Mandarin Haikou Hotel Haikou
- Mandarin Haikou
- Haikou Mandarin
- Hainan Junhua Haiyi Hotel Haikou, China