“What a fantastic place”

The Irish Clover Bar
Ranked #10 of 628 Restaurants in Zhuhai
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Zhuhai's genuine Irish bar with live music, delicious food and snacks, live sports, and of course, a perfect pint of Guinness. Come say hello to the Irish.
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

I was traveling from the UK to Zhuhai on business the same day as the last Six Nations games were on, and being Irish I was wondering where can I find a pub to watch the Ireland game and also to celebrate St Patrick’s day. Two minutes on Google and I found The Irish Clover. I emailed one of the owners and he confirmed the games would be showing. When I arrived the place was absolutely packed and buzzing. The atmosphere was electric and despite being on my own, within minutes people were chatting, as if we’d known each other for ages. The beer was great, people friendly plus the staff and owners made me feel very welcome. I enjoyed it that much that I went back another 2 nights during my 1 week stay. On top of all this, there is a good selection of food and I can certainly recommend the steak.

In fact to summarise my 3 visits, I would highly recommend The Irish Clover and will definitely be going back next time I am in Zhuhai. You’ve done a great job creating a little bit of home so far from
Ireland.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Sometimes you just need some Irish crac and Guinness to fill the heart and belly.
I have been frequenting this pub for many years during my visits to Zhuhai and in recent times it had been let slide by the original owner.
Now owned by four Irish English teachers the, place has regained its warmth and Irish feel.
It was a beautiful late afternoon for my last visit and therefore decided to sit outside and enjoy a few pints of the best Guinness in town and savour a few cigars.
Katrina is one of the owners and she is your typical lovely Irish lass.
She suggested the Chicken parma and I could not have been happier! Delicious, hearty and fresh...
A great pub for tasty food, drinks, friendly atmosphere and crac!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed January 21, 2018

This is really one of my favourite places to go to here in Zhuhai. The team is excellent that works there and the food is really good! Great selection of drinks too...

2  Thank Mu_Blondi
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Just had dinner with friends here and the food was too notch! Amazing cheesy curry chips and they are happy to customise the menu for your dietary or taste needs! Friendly staff and welcome as usual. My top pick for homestyle comfort food of good quality!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

From the moment you set foot in The Irish Clover, you’re transported to a local pub feel of Ireland. This place has become a home away from home for me. The food is delicious, and the drinks good and strong. They serve the perfect pint of Guinness for those in search of a decent fix of the black stuff. Although it is the atmosphere that mainly takes me back, again and again. The owners are so friendly and nothing is too big a request. They always take the time to chat with their customers, both new and old, and the Irish hospitality lives up to its name here.

They also show all your sporting needs on, have a pool table and dartboard, great live music to keep you dancing into the wee hours of the morning, and everyone is up for a laugh. I love their quiz nights and killer pool, always a lot of fun and banter to be had. Their motto of ceoil, craic agus cairde (music, fun and friends), is clear to see any time you visit, and creates a great atmosphere to meet new people and make new friends. Easily the most welcoming bar in Zhuhai.

Come for the food and drink, stay for the fun and friendliness!

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to The Irish Clover Bar? Share your experiences!