“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in”

Paradise Hill Hotel
Ranked #221 of 566 Hotels in Zhuhai
Reviewed July 26, 2012

By far this is the most disappointing hotel I have ever stayed in. In fact we left early because we were so unhappy.

The photos of other reviews are outdated, we were totally mislead to think this was a great hotel. This appears to have been a nice hotel back in the day which has not been maintained in years. Driving up to the building you can see the exterior has been neglected.

The main lobby has a filthy area rug, with large stains all over the rug. There is mold lingering in the banister above the couches. The rug is taped down in certain areas with packing tape. The wifi is only avaiable in the lobby area and has a weak signal.

The rooms on the left side of the building are older while the wing on the right side appears to be newer. Because I needed a suite for 3 people I had no choice but to stay in the older section.

The carpets appeared to not have been cleaned in months. There was mold on the walls below the window. I was scared to sit on the outdated couches. Because they were dark in color I had no idea what unseen stains were there. The ice bucket and refrigerator were also filthy.

The staff was friendly. Not many spoke English but they did their best to accommodate us.

During my stay I was completely uncomfortable and checked out 3 days early.

Room Tip: Don't be tempted by the low rate stay somewhere else. Otherwise if you must stay, get a room in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaycee S

Reviewed December 9, 2009

Stay here with 5 and 7 years old kids for 5 nights.
it was a 4-5 stars hotel.
it's 3-4 stars now depend on which room you are in.
they have three different building, all smoking room
Lake View court/Pavilion - It has NO lake view, just a building name
Villa apartment
Main building

Lake View court/Pavilion has the cheapest room but I will say the worst 3 stars room.
dark and smelly, everyone smoke in this building. Stay away from this one if you are not a smoker. 1st and 2nd floor has small window and can open. 3rd and 4th has bigger windows but can not open.

Villa apartment - has no idea of the condition, it looks nice from outside but very dated.
You will better off with main building.

My room was on the main building after checked out three rooms in Lake View Pavilion.
It's nice and big - a CA King suite. it used to be 4/5 stars, but it's very dated and aging.
carpet is very dirty, wall paper falling off, bathtub too high.
Bed is FIRM, I guess that's China style.
This room doesn't have too much smoky smell.
But, I can sleep well after all.
It also has nice view of mountain, tennis court, pool and lake.
The hotel is away from main street, it's quiet.

This hotel mostly use by different China government department conferences.
It's often booked, and many many smokers.
I will try different hotel next time if I can find comparable deal.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kentwong
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We had booked for 7 nights. Looked a cool place. We love CHina and it was our third trip. We could only stay 3 and moved on losing $$$. The place was superficially lovely. BUT it was dank and smelt. The first room we were takne to was small, dark and smelly ( years of smokers). Asked for another. Given larger and nicer on the surface. But the SMELL remained. NO ventilation. The balcony was glassed in and no ability to open any window! Restuarants ( claimed to have 4)were closed apart from a cafe with few choices. Really disappointed. Don't go!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lantsbury
Reviewed December 14, 2008

This is just a great hotel.
Everything looks very clean, the staff is very friendly.
The hotel is placed very nice.
It is quiet place in a city with 13.000.000 people.
Shopping mall with all stuffs you want is across the street.
The sea port where I came from Hong Kong is very near.
There are just 2 small points that they should do better.
1 that there should be some staff that speak some english.
2 they should make a breakfast menu in English as well, in case you can not read chinese :-)
For the rest I had a great stay in this hotel.
Next time I sure will go there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank orangbelanda
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I found the hotel staff to be very friendly. The room was very nice and clean. It had a great view of the hillside. The hotel is not far from the entry port and is close to shopping and other attractions. I would stay there again without a doubt!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank ZhuhaiKid
Reviewed May 22, 2006

paradise hill resort is a beautiful place away from the main road yet not too far to be able to walk in to the resort. the overall facilities are excellent. the only little handicap is communication as the staff do try hard but yet are not very conversant in the english language.

the added advantage is that the sightseeing buses which bring you around to almost all the sights worth seeing, start near this locartion. getting into town is a breeze as there are taxis and public transportation which is really economical nearby. great shopping just across the street is also available and many eateries both local and western like the pizza hut, macdonald are also located nearby. so you have a very quiet, lovely atmosphere with all the requirements located nearby.

can recommend this place to any individual, businessman or a family.

rajamanu

6  Thank rajamanu
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed April 19, 2006

I booked this hotel thru China travel in Hong Kong. They told me the room is in the lakeview court, so I think it should be nice. I check-in the hotel in the morning on April 15,2006. At that time, they don't have room, so I put my bag in the concierge and go to Zhuhai for my meeting. When I went back to the hotel at night, I noticed that the room they gave me is on the ground floor(Room 182) and not facing the lake, but facing a wall. Beside the room have a VERY BAD SMELL and the worst part is the window can not be open. I tried to change the room, but it's kind of late at that time, so I force myself to sleep and woke up early in the morning to have breakfast. The breakfast is on the average. For anyone who plan to stay in this hotel, please make sure what kind of room they gave you before you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business