“Hearty food, rich conversation”
Review of Azur - CLOSED

Azur
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hong Kong, China
“Hearty food, rich conversation”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were in Zhuhai for three days and went to Azur on TripAdvisor's recommendation. On our first visit, for dinner, we met Vedran, who appears to be the manager, and Alan, the "Chef de Cuisine". They are from Croatia, (and very proud it), and have also worked internationally. Alan literally sang praise of his own menu, but we were stuffed after a visit to Macau and simply ordered the fillet mignon wrapped in bacon (very good). We dined alfresco. Vedran came by and we had a long, enjoyable chat about Yugoslavia and then Croatia.

We returned the next day for lunch and ordered soup, Greek salad, and a pasta and steak in wine sauce, along with Asahi beer. We also met Katerine (?), who served, and the bar keeper, both Croatian. Chatted.

The service is excellent, the high ceilinged dining room spacious, the music enjoyable and set at a nice, low volume, and the tables set far apart.

The prices are on the high side, even for us from Hong Kong.

A tip: There's a great spa about 100 meters down the road. Worth a visit for a body or foot massage before you dine.

• Visited December 2012

shanghai, China
“Terrific service, great food”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was invited to dine at Azur recently and found this place to be far better than most other western styled restaurants in Zhuhai in both cuisine and service.

It is located just off the "nanping town seafood street" and it took a while for my taxi driver to find. Calling the restaurant to get directions didn't help that much so I would strongly suggest getting it down in your GPS or print off a map for Azur. The restaurant is situated in a small plaza (reminiscent of a south of Spain village square). Despite some difficulty in getting there, Azur is very much worth a little adventure to find.

I had the cheeseburger and was somewhat disappointed that it looked too home-made when it arrived but I was very pleasantly surprised that the burger had so much flavour and texture. The burger is large so maybe skip a meal before going! My friends had the pasta and pizza which had big thumbs up. We ordered the bruchetta to share and this was delicious.

The waiter and chef both came to check up on us during the course of our meal to make sure everything was ok and if we wanted any special additions to our main courses. A great touch.

I will certainly come back to Azur.

• Visited November 2012
Hengqin Island, Zhuhai, China
“A great Food Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Over the 2012 Mid-Autumn Festival I had the good fortune to try the food at Azur. The taxi driver got turned around and lost. Fortunately, the taxi driver was willing to call the restaurant for instructions. The staff waited on the street for the taxi to arrive!

My first meal experience was excellent, so I returned a couple of days later to try other food choices...I was not dissapointed. Great flavors!

The staff is generous with their time and love to talk food and share their passion...

I will be back...with friends!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Diodon_Expat
Zhuhai
“Mediterranien experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Outstanding place for mediterranien food and especially the drinks from an authentic Kroatian bar tender are real amazing! Try the "WICKIWACKIWOO" (not sure it's written in the right way, but's a killer)

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Meini H
Hong Kong
“Oasis in Zhuhai”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Zhuhai has been very bad place to dine international food for years, and I am very happy they opened Azur. Staff is absolutely brilliant with best cocktails I ever had in China, and the food is excellent as well. Crispy Skin Salmon is one of my favourites. Their wine list is quite small but carefully selected, so don't expect to find any French wine there.

• Visited September 2012