Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, staff are friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk reception, Ms Wu, who is offering good advises on massages/dimsum/driver for us.
Very clean rooms with efficient housekeeping staff too when we complaint of slight unpleasant smell and the next minute they tried to spray some fragrant and open the windows to clear the air.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BVicSin
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I was expecting a avg room/ hotel but to my surprise this hotel, the rooms, location, service is very good. I would say value for $$. Very near to GongBei underground mall.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiffyOng
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We booked two suites at RMB 368 which were rather large and comfortable. Each suite comes with two adjoining rooms with hot/cold water dispensers and can sleep 4 persons. There is only one suite on each level. Unfortunately, one of the suites was over-whelming with cigarette smoke which we rejected. Apparently, they do not differentiate between the smoking and non-smoking rooms so you can only depend on to lady luck to get a non-smoking occupant the previous day.
Since they do not have any other suites left, we viewed other rooms. Unfortunately, the bigger rooms all stunk of cigarette smoke and was totally unsuitable for occupancy. We had to settle for a double bedroom in the end so it was a bit of a squeeze.
The hotel counter staff could only speak Mandarin and seemed irritated that we were bothered with the cigarette-smoke filled rooms. They were not exactly accommodating but acceded to our request to view other available rooms.
One night when we were walking back to our rooms, we saw a family who opened their hotel room wide-open to smoke. The no- regulation of smoking in the hotel really puts me off but I am not sure if this is condoned in other hotels in China too. It really makes me wondered about their fire safety since anyone can smoke in the hotel.
The good location ( within walking distance to LianHua street and Gongbei underground mall, a bus depot next door) and the reasonable price probably made up for the polluted rooms. I read reviews like problems with the noise and smog from the bus depot but as we stayed on the 9th storey, we didn't experience any.
Some patience and insistence may be needed to seek a fresher room from the hotel staff if travelling with very young children and the elderly.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Very good location, clean, value for money. We booked the room by phone call to get a better room. I chose the biggest room at RMB268 which is only about RMB30 more than a standard double room. I was told every floor has only one such room and I estimate it is at least 1.5x bigger. The hotel is located just opposite the Gongbei underground mall. Besides the hotel has many shops.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We were in Zhuhai in Feb, during the Chinese New Year period.

Yong Tong hotel is just a few minutes' walk from the Gongbei Immigration. Very convenient as it is also near the Gongbei Port Plaza (which, as you might have read elsewhere, is the huge underground shopping mall). There is also a bus depot next to the hotel - I suppose you can buy long distance bus tickets to other districts from there.

Above the hotel is a KFC fast food joint. As you come out of the hotel entrance and turn right, there is a very very long lane at which you can get hair cuts/wash, food, shoes, electronic goods (fake?). There's even a 24hr Mcdonalds along the way (good for late night suppers). You can also access the market from this lane.

The hotel rooms are small, but generally enough space to maneuver around. Our room was very clean and well maintained. Toilet was also clean and nicely done up. From our room window, we could see the fireworks display at the beach. Windows were a little grimy though. The rooms come with water dispensers, which dispenses both hot and cold water. Closets were also clean and spacious. There is free internet usage for every room. However, you must connect the internet cable to your computer for use. No Wireless internet. There is a business centre at the lobby. I didn't go in, hence, cannot comment on that.

The service is excellent. Very fast and efficient - the staff use walkie talkies to communicate with each other (i think). They were very polite and warm, very patient as well. However, I do not think they speak English. That would be quite a hassle. Other than that minor problem, the hotel staff's service is top notch for a small hotel.

Since we visited during the Chinese New Year period, the room rates were higher. We paid about 1400 Yuan (or RMB) for about 4 days and 3 nights. Normally, the rooms will only be about 200 plus Yuan.

Date of stay: February 2010