Hilton Zhongshan Downtown
  • Room Service
Dadongya Hotel(Zhongshan)
Guobin Hotel(Zhongshan)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsitalian restaurantthe executive loungetop floorbusiness or pleasurelocation is greatexcellent hotelsouthern chinabusiness tripbuffet breakfastferry terminalgreat roomdefinitely stay here againbed was very comfortablehotel lobbyquality of foodnice viewhong kong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Upgraded to Executive floor as a HH Gold.

Room:
Was assigned a twin executive on 51/F. It's huge, and the design is unique. Dressing area, toilet and shower are all behind the TV, and the bath is an opened area. Quite interesting, but may lead to inconvenience.

Executive lounge:
On 51/F. Size is quite large comparing to some Hilton properties in mainland China which I've visited. Service is excellent. However, food and beverage offered is very limited for afternoon tea, pre-dinner and breakfast time. It's not good that the table/bar areas were left empty.

Location:
Be prepared to take taxi to get around. But it doesn't really matter since the fare is cheap. There is a shopping mall just downstairs (with a Starbucks), but not worth a visit in my opinion. There is also a Walmart (5 min walking) and an Aeon (around 10-15 min) nearby.

Italian Restaurant:
Nice, for quality, view and service. But the steak was a rip off. The portion is a bit small and it's overcooked. It cost 300 CNY. All others besides the steak were nice. The waitress served my table is quite attentive. However, after the meal they just left us unattended. Staff was just chatting at the counter and I have to walk there to check my bill.

Service:
Generally good. Staff in lounge is attentive. Concierge is resourceful. However some flaws were spotted.
1. I've sent an email to the hotel asking for information regarding to restaurants and train tickets, around 1 month before my stay. No one answer my email till now.

2. Front desk staff not familiar with their work.

3. I've changed my frequent flyer programme a month before checking in but it was not reflected on my booking. Staff asked me to write down my new programme and number and agreed to change for me. However, after checking out and left the city, I found my old number still printed on my receipt. I've to made roaming call back to hotel and notify them.

4. Staff charged my card with currency conversion. The receipt printed "I was offered a choice between local currency and the one that my card used" but it was not true. They did that without having my authorization. As a frequent traveler we understand that the rate is a rip off.

With these flaws I think I have to lower my rating on service from 5 to 4.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy_JF
HiltonZS, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Zhongshan Downtown! We value every comment of you, and sure will keep improving. Hope to see you again! Thank you!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The brand new Hilton in ZhongShan was a great place to stay. Connected to the Like shopping center, it was a nice western friendly hotel. it's nice to have a place to stay that gives you the feel of home even though you are a 15 hour flight away. Would stay here again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying in Hilton Zhongshan Downtown! Your support is very meaningful to us, looking forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have a very good experience with this hotel. Being a diamond member of several name brand hotels from USA, we believe this hotel live up to its name. The hotel staffs, from front desk to executive floor, from greeter to chief chef, are very friendly, helpful and sincere. The upgrade room we enjoyed was worth all the money we paid. Highly recommend. This was the fourth time we stayed at this hotel. We stayed here totaled over 60 days.

1  Thank Eric S

Dear Eric,
Thank you very much for being a valued guest and a loyal member of Hilton Honnors! We will try our best to provide you a satisfying and great staying experience! Hope to see you again in Hilton Zhongshan Downtown! Thank you!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was just a one night stay, unfortunately. I checked in late and I had a teleconference to attend few minutes later. The check in process at the executive longe was fast and efficient. The hostess ordered for me in room dining. The suite was spectacular, as described later. I had to work late and the high-speed internet connection and the speaker phone made everythiing easier.
The Philip Roth amenities are great quality and allow me to avoid to pack my own.
The check out was not as perfect (at other Hilton's tey check you out w/o having to run the credit card again), but still very friendly. The breakfast at the executive lounge (51st floor)could have been great, but I came at 8.15, probably just after "rush hours" and few "commodities" (croissants, glasses etc) were out of stock...and the hostess did not realize it. ..However they tried to recover, but too llate for me as I had a pick up just 15 min later!
I still give great marks to this hotel and its staff and I'll stay again there should I be in the area again

Room Tip: The suites are spectacular: large size, with walk-in closet, round bathtub overlooking the city, spaceous make up area, full size mirrors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonZS, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying with us. It's our honor to povide you a pleasant stay. We hope to meet you again at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent value for money with large, modern and spacious rooms. Cleanliness is first class and the staff are extremely attentive and helpful. Would recommend. II Ponte Restaurant serves delicious food and the service is excellent!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Zhongshan Downtown. We highly value your compliment, hope that you will stay with us again in the next trip!