“One of the top hotels in Zhongshan”
Review of King Century Hotel

King Century Hotel
Ranked #7 of 372 Hotels in Zhongshan
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice hotel with expensive shopping attached to hotel. Accommodations were very nice but the neighborhood a block away from the hotel is a bit run down. They serve a very nice complimentary breakfast every morning- Made to order omelets, western and Chinese foods and fruits.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Slag77

Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Hotel at all was very nice. Had to wait a little bit long for checkin and checkout. It is not down town but near. I booked a normal room but because they were not ready at noon when we arrived we upgraded to superior. This rooms are in higher floors and have a big windows so you have a nice view. The personnel is friendly if you ask them but not very attentive. They have actually a big choice for breakfast but maybe not a lot things for western taste (at least not for me). The room is clean, big enough and looks modern. Internet is only available over LAN cable. WIFI is only in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

A friend had booked the King Century hotel for a new year party weekend in Zhongshan (Dec31). We had not stayed in this hotel before but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The rooms were very impressive offering spacious, clean and luxury accommodation. We had 18 rooms in total and each offered the same quality accommodation. The only draw back was the lack of parking in front of the hotel. Overall we would certainly stay here again without our car.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stevelizhangjun
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed in the King Century Hotel recently during a business trip to Zhongshan, and was impressed with the luxury of the room. We stayed in a suite, and enjoyed a living room, dinning room, separate bathroom for guests visiting, as well as a huge bedroom with sitting area, and massive en suite. The Bed was incredibly comfortable, and included a pillow menu, which I find to be a necessary luxury! The service was impeccable, although not all of the staff spoke English, they immediately transferred my call to someone who did. The Japanese restaurant in the Hotel is wonderful!! Incredible food, and service. I will have to travel to Zhongshan often for work, and will only stay at this hotel in the future. Nearby are shopping centres, great restaurants, and the scenery is fantastic! Travelling to China is a hard trip, this hotel makes it much more enjoyable! The cost is very reasonable for European's, per night was approximately €120, a super value considering the suite, and service. There is also a VIP centre available, which was similar to a "gentleman's club" offering deep leather button holed sofa's chandeliers, and separate sitting rooms for privacy. This also included beverages, teas, coffees, and snacks, including fruits and hot snacks. The cost of the suite also included breakfast, which unfortunately I was unable to use, but I'm sure it was as good as the rest of the hotel. Over all this was a really good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite that views the mountain side, it's truly beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. It is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms are roomy and very comfortable. The price is reasonable for this hotel. Although the included breakfast buffet has many offerings the selection is mostly Chinese and western offerings limited. The rooms are quite quiet and no smoke smell on the non smoking floors.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I was only here one night. Got in fairly late, but wish this was the hotel I was able to spend more time in.

Check in was on the 6th floor, and very slow and frustrating. For ___ sakes, scan the friggen passport and use a computer versus handwriting in a novel during check in. This was my only complaint.

The rate I paid was a company rate which was only about 450 RMB and the room I had was awesome. The bed was very comfortable, not the hard beds most China hotels have, very nice. Room was very modern, electonic switches all over the place. Nice bathroom, walk in shower big enough for a family and relatively quiet room, except for some drink guys ( I think they are the guys I actually were traveling with that went drinking after checkin) in the hallway.

Actally I have one other complaint...no electrical outlet convenient to the night stand. With all the room techology it had, hard to believe I needed to move the table to get at an outlet.

Didn't eat breakfast in the hotel, so no comment on this. Also not sure what else is around the hotel, as I had a 30 minute drive to work, so the work wasn't close. I am sure I'll stay here again someday and if things are like they were when I stayed there last, I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank idontlikechina
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Stayed here for 3 days in December 2010. I recommend this hotel to all the business travelers. Its newly built and very close to shopping malls. Good and spacious rooms with all the modern amenities. The have a good night club also in the same building.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business