“A good Budget hotel, right next to Shezhen's Shopping Paradise! :)”
Review of CAA Holy Sun Hotel

CAA Holy Sun Hotel
Ranked #184 of 2,811 Hotels in Shenzhen
Pune
“A good Budget hotel, right next to Shezhen's Shopping Paradise! :)”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Caa Holy Sun Hotel is by far one of the best hotels i've lived in. Just for the simple reason that its only a 10 minute walk away from shopping haven - Luohu! If you're in shenzhen for leisure and you are a serious shopper, you cant get a better hotel. The breakfast is mostly the same everyday, but that is the case with every hotel in China. The rooms were tidy, room service could do with some improvement (communication was a huge problem!) and the bathroom was tidy (except of course, it had no lock).
The building of the hotel seems like a commercial complex and the view from the room is mostly a waste canal (but it doesnt stink around the area,so its cool). I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Closest hotel to Luohu shopping mall! :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank PuneMeenal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The Caa Holy Sun Hotel is situated just across the road from the Louhu Mall.The hotel is big roomy and comfortable. The rooms are spacious enough . Its right at the edge of the Metro and connected to the Louhu Mall by subway. The staff however did not speak much of english, so that was a major drawback.
The Hotel offers free WiFi, but unfortunately it wasnt easy to use. They did have a lan cable in the room , but the tech support staff was available only between 9 and 5 and unfortunately all 3 days , I was out of the hotel during that time.
The Breakfast was mostly local food, with just fried eggs , croissants, fruits and sausages.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Rupalie
Georgia, USA
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 6 years. My most recent visit to this hotel was indeed a horrible experience.. This hotel used to be a part of Days Inn and was a 4 star hotel. Since they have changed from Days Inn to CAA Holy Sun it no longer provide adequate assistance in English. It's still expected that you pay American prices but does not provide English services. The business center agent was horrible. When I checked in, I asked if they provided WIFI services. I was told "yes". I went to the main lobby with my laptop and asked do I need a password for WIFI. The agent insisted that they didn't have wifi and that I could use their computers. It was late so I agreed and used their computer. When I left out of the business I stopped back by the Check In desk and was told "yes" we have wifi. The agent either didn't understand or wanted addtl money from me. I argued that I had my own computer right there so why should I have to pay? The business center agent continued to demand money, I paid and agreed to NEVER stay again. The restaurant was no better. It also took at least 20 minutes to explain and order fried noodles without any meat. (they serve this at breakfast). They bring me a plate full of I don't know what it was, full of every animal on the planet. Then had the nerve to once again DEMAND money for a completely wrong order. I flat out refused to pay. They never did get my order right. The next plate brought to me was a platter full of white rice.This was just 2 of many bad experiences at this hotel. Please don't expect ANY english services at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank JaeChristian
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed October 17, 2010

As a first timer to Shenzen, the hotel is not easy to locate especially when not many speaks English. Coming out from the train station they are alot of peoples sitting and sleeps outside even its winter. To get to the hotel one has go down to the under-pass and cross the road. Walking is not easy as there is no foot path along the road. The area is isolated and the hotel is very dimly lit along the corridors. The condition of the room is not so clean and in china peoples smoke and spit every where. The food in the restaurant is nice and cheap. Views is facing the cemetery across the river and would recommend to stay in Dong Men area with lots of restaurants and fast food outlets. In Dong Men you need to bargain hard and its really cheap compare to most asian cities. shorten our stay here to 1 day than originally planned for 3 and went straight back to Hong Kong. On our way out, we booked our hotel with a small travel agent at the Luo Ho station that offers good rates and instant confirmation for hotel in Hong Kong. Certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone...not at all.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bizarre98
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We chose this hotel because it is supposed to be close to Louhu shopping, and it is close, but it is not safe to walk to the shopping area because there are no sidewalks. You have to walk on the highway. The location is also very bad for getting a taxi because the road is divided by a fence so you can only get a taxi from one side. The hotel said they would arrange to have a car pick us up at 8:45. We were lucky to find a taxi at 9:10. The hotel kept on saying another 10 minutes and tried to get us to wait for their car even though it was already 25 minutes late. The bathroom did not have a bathtub. There is no place to hang a wet towel in the bathroom. The safe in the room was broken and the refrigerator did not work. We made a reservation for 2 people in the room but they only give you one breakfast. We decided to change hotels and the front desk told us they could not cancel our reservations for us because we made reservation on their web site on line.

The room was clean. No one in the hotel could speak English well.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IWasThereYesIWas
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The good thing is the room was clean and transportation was great, around 2mins walk to the subway station and Dongmen. Good price.

The minus things i don't like the hotels surrounding.. it was kind of dirty.. My friend and i were kind of afraid to walk at late night.. definitely, not suitable if you're a single woman traveler.

Overall, i will stay here again for the location and price..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank wiwiwi2016
SIN
Reviewed May 7, 2010

the hotel just located at a 5-10 mins walking distance to luohu train station, it's pretty convenient to the hong kong border and mrt station. The hotel staffs were very nice and and good communicate in english. it's strongly recommended to those who intend to travel between to hong kong.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends