“Great Place to stay!”

Ranked #50 of 2,791 Hotels in Shenzhen
Hartlepool
“Great Place to stay!”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have stopped here a few times whilst on business and during golf trips.

There english is average but they cannot do enough to help you. Although it is a pain as there is no road direct to the hotel (you have to carry your bags about 100 metres) they will drive you to your car or taxi the following morning in a golf style buggy.

There is lots to do around the hotel, it is worth going for a walk around as we discover new places everytime we stay. There is some nice restaurents just to the left behind the main street, including a nice cheap irish bar that serves nice food.

The rooms are standard rooms but they are always clean and staff always polite. Beware though... the 1st time I stayed here my girlfriend wanted a massage (as they offer in the hotel manual in your room) my g/f called down and the guy on the other end of the phone told her it was a 'sex' massage lolol so thought i would give everyone a heads up there....

But this hotel is a basic hotel in a great area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Spent two nights at The Cruise Inn In Shekou and had a very enjoyable stay. This is am old steamship (The Minghua) and was docked at it's current location and then landfilled around!!! It is now about 500m away from the existing shoreline!!! We stayed in a business room on the 5th floor with views inland towards the plaza. There is no direct vehicle access to the ship, you have to walk across the plaza or take the courtesy golf cart. The service we encountered was excellent.....early check in, extend stay for one night, negotiate lower price, housekeeping observing the "do not disturb" sign, store bags for an extra 6 hours after check out and very helpful concierge. While all of these things should be the norm we all know the reality. There are many good restaurants and bars close by. Aside from breakfast (which was great) we did not eat at the hotel, but did knock back several cold ones at the in-ship bar, X-Ta Sea. Overall I can thoroughly recommend the Cruise Inn for anyone staying in Shekou.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Nice n clean. great service. Breakfast is great. Room is nice but the bed is not that comfy

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
solihull
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We booked up the shanghai hotel in shenzhen for 4 nights and after 2 nights we had to leave due to the fact there was nothing to do, and nowhere to go at night. We changed hotel to the Cruise inn and were well impressed, at 44gbp a night you cant go wrong!
The room was massive the breakfast was good eggs bacon etc If you like a western style and chinese style mixed together then choose this boat hotel, its got the lot.
I dont know what the other review was going on about saying the floor was slanted and unclean? I will definately book this again when out on business in shenzhen and there is no need to stop off at hong kong as there is a ferry from the aiport to the port which is 2 mins in a taxi when you get off

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank fadboy
Sweden
Reviewed December 12, 2009

For this autumn's Shenzhen stay, I had booked the Honlux Cruise Inn. Oh what a mistake! The hotel is a big boat, welded and secured to the concrete ground. Already in the lobby I felt that something was a little wrong. My room was on the fourth floor, and furthest away from the elevator. When walking over to it, dragging my heavy suitcase, I noticed I was making my way up a rather steep hill. Once inside my room, I saw (and felt!) that the floor was not anywhere near straight. I felt really ill, and while standing in the shower I had to support myself against the wall to not fall over from dizziness. I am sensitive to this kind of stuff, so many of my problems most likely come from there, but I really did not like the floor being so slanted. The whole night, in bed, I felt like everything was moving around me, and I did not get any sleep at all.

Cleanliness was ok in my room, but my colleague actually found bed bugs in hers! Scary stuff, and after breakfast (which by the way was fine), we checked out and went straight to Nan Hai, which is situated close by. Never again will I spend a night at the Cruise Inn!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Zojx
Beijing
Reviewed January 16, 2008

(BTW, this is in Shekou, just next to Shenzhen and at the ferry terminal to Hong Kong). This is a quirky hotel but a lot of fun overall. Yes, it's really a drydocked retired cruise ship, surrounded by a very American open plaza (Starbucks, KFC, Mcd, Pizza Hut...). The rooms are very good, quiet, fairly roomy and well stocked, even with a turn-down service! Quite impressive. Service less so, as the staff wasn't too aware of even their best local eateries. But the bars on the top decks are lots of fun at night with live music and local German brew, overlooking the plaza, hills and bay. Fun place!

Beware, there's no drive-up road, you walk across the plaza. No big deal, just another quirk here.

And I have no idea why this isn't listed on Expedia or other sites. They could be much more popular if they advertised well!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)