“Good location”

Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
Ranked #15 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good location in Shenzhen. It's a place in the heart of Shenzhen. For business reason, I have to go to luohu and Nanshan both districts, and staying here make my trip much easier. Btw, it's only 10 min taxi from Lok Ma Chau border so I also went to HK for a shopping getaway the last day of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Hoiyann, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and share the great comment here! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. We hope to see your returning soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I recently returned here, and had another great visit.

The service was good again, although the front desk was rather slow and disorganized.

I did have a couple complaints: When I plugged my laptop into the power plug near the desk, it blew the circuit breaker for my entire room. All the lights went out in my room (it was pitch black). I called for help, and it took the engineers quite awhile to figure out the problem.

My other complaint was that the meeting rooms are getting rather worn out. The carpeting in particular in the hallways was quite worn out. I hope they replace it soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear 5Continents3toGo, it’s so glad to know your returning this time, and thanks again for your comment! Your feedbacks have been reported to the Front Office Department and the Banquet Department. Meanwhile, I would like to share with you that we have a brand new mid-size ballroom named “Han” with space of 650 sqm, maybe you could go to have a look next time you come. We wish you a god day, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The management and staff were responsive and the service was outstanding.The entire staff was warm, friendly and accommodating, going well above and beyond the level of service I've ever experienced from a hotel staff. ALL were so friendly and accommodating. I felt so at home - and loved returning to the hotel each day. N the location is great, closing to good public transport giving you easy access to all the main shopping areas .

• Stayed: May 2014
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Mariajoho, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. We have been doing our best to make guests feel at home when staying at our hotel. Hope our hotel could be your home when you travel to Shenzhen next time!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3nights on business.
The location is really good, there is big shopping mall and carrefour besides hotel and subway station1min on foot.
They have nice bar(havana), the food and atmosphere is good.
But the carpet on the ground looks not that clean and smells. Also there are 6 elevators which isn't fast.
Room is nice and service also good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jinuya, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. We are glad that the great location offers you a convenient stay. Wish you had a great time in Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Sheraton Futian is an imposing building and very grand with black glass towers, fountains and gardens. I am a long stay traveller and it is very important to be comfortable and feel relaxed. Unlike many hotels in China the front desk manager picked up on the length of my stay and made sure I had a very comfortable room without asking. My view on hotel staff is that most times you get what you give. I find if you are kind and pleasant with people then they will return the hospitality. Treat people like dogs and you will get short changed eventually!

The staff at the Futian are great and really try their very best to make sure that you are having a nice time and things sorted. As an SPG preferred member I had access to the club level lounge. Here things were great and the staff lovely. I even managed to train the chef to cook me perfect soft boiled eggs and toast soldiers which is quite a feat in China. One important thing here is that the senior managers actually eat in the hotel restaurants with the customers and are on hand to advise or help with something extra. I mentioned my love of more spicy food and the next thing I know the chef is at my side with an amazing hot pasta! (the best outside of Milan I am told) Great service.

A small downside is the sports facilities. Apparently these are managed by a third party and the hotel are aware that improvement is needed. The facilities are okay but many of the machines don't work.

A special mention must go to Rex on the front desk and the senior service manager Nitan for their super hospitality. Finally I must mention all the staff at the club level who made my stay very comfortable and the young girl who greets customers at the entrance to the east wing restaurant. Her genuinely warming smile every day really sums up a hotel that is trying its very best to look after its customers.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff and you will get treated well if they are able to help.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bistob, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. We’ve been trying our best to deliver warm service to every guest. It’s our great honored that you had a great time when staying at our hotel. Regarding to the sports facilities issue you mentioned, we’ve communicated with the third party company, which will be solved recently. Thanks for your appreciation again, we all hope to see your return soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The only thing keeping it from a 5 rating was the initial service I received when checking in. Not the same level of service I expected as a loyal SPG member with gold status.

The hotel itself was quite nice. Very nice indoor pool for swimming laps and a nice workout area as well. I wasn't thrilled with the breakfast buffet, it was okay but I would expect more from a 5 star hotel like the Sheraton.

I had room service a couple nights and was quite pleased with the food.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ryan F

Dear Ryan F, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. Regarding to the check in related issue, it has been reported to our Front Desk Manager. And thanks for your appreciation to our gym facilities and the in-room dining. Hope to see you in your return stay in our hotel!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located, with close proximity (just across the street) to the subway. Traveling to local POI (eg. Window of the World) is just less than 30 minutes from the hotel via subway. Also, there are a few shopping malls just across the street with restaurants and cafés. The perfect answer to all our "hungry" moments.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Mr. Nitin Abbi (Front Office Manager) who help me thru' some "difficult" moments while in the hotel. I was mildly claustrophobic and the original room that was assigned to me has a view that is partially blocked by tall buildings. When Mr. Nitin came to know about this, he jumped to action and offered a change of room to one with an unblocked view. He had also offered a bottle of red wine to calm my frazzled nerves. Kudos to Mr. Nitin for his pro-activeness and attention to details! I truly enjoyed my stay in the Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear CyprianLek, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. It is glad that staying at our hotel brought you convenience during your trip. At the same time, your appreciation towards our Front Office Department has been passed on to them, and they felt honored and would keep on delivering great service to other guests. Hope to see you next time!