“Good location, nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 2,755 Hotels in Shenzhen
Cary, North Carolina
“Good location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel. My husband and I were upgraded to a beautiful, huge suite with a nice view of the city. The hotel overall is very nice, beautiful lobby, nice size gym, good service and great breakfast. The restaurant on the fifth floor leaves a lot to be desired. The food is good, but the restaurant is lacking in atmosphere. Also, you can only order wine by the bottle. That's an issue when you're the only one drinking wine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nitin A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear vickiem56,

Thank you for the nice comment and it is good to see that you enjoyed your stay. I have forwarded your comments regarding the wine to our Restaurant Manager who will look into this matter.

Please do let me know if you ever plan to visit us again!

前厅部副经理,深圳福田喜来登酒店
Asst.Front Office Manager, Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
t — (86) 755 8282 6313
m—(86) 15013701774 & 15800709789
f — (86) 755 8383 8998

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanxi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is my first time to Shenzhen, I went to a fair in Shenzhen exhibition and convention center. I checked in late and almost no guest and staffs in the lobby. This girl who checked me in was nice and polite, with smile and fluent english. I asked her about how to go to the exhibition hall, she show me the way clearly, which I found it quite near the hotel next day. The room was a little bit dark, maybe it's kind of style for this hotel. Breakfast was not bad, so was the lobby bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kelly J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
It is good to see that you had an enjoyable stay and we all are looking forward to welcome you back.

Please do contact me if you plan to visit us again so I can personally take care of your room allocation.

前厅部副经理,深圳福田喜来登酒店
Asst.Front Office Manager, Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
t — (86) 755 8282 6313
m—(86) 15013701774 & 15800709789
f — (86) 755 8383 8998
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Shenzhen have a lot of new hotel. I had tried this with my friends, their rooms are nice spacey and quiet. My room is a bit noisy which facing to the central of the exchange square, the big Air conditioning fan is noisy during quiet time. Location is fair and room rate is justify. Only a bit comment about their picture hanging in the room is abit scary so i removed it down when i go to bed.

Room Tip: Join their SPG membership and enjoy the benefits.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nitin A, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear David L,

Thank you so much for the nice comments! I have noted the comment regarding the painting and forwarded it to the houskeeping team.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Assistant Front Office Manager
+8615800709789
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We traveled to a convention and wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel, but the one we picked on line that was rated highly, fell very short.
We flew in took a taxi and arrived at the hotel expecting first class service. Normally at at least a 4 star hotel greeted you upon arrival with a person that can open the car door and take your luggage inside.
I was welcomed but no bellman to assist with luggage. Check in took some time and I stood with the luggage as my wife went to the VIP check in line and though she was the only one in line it still took what seemed like a very long prcedure.
Now this is the first 5 star hotel that never offered to take our luggage up and never offered to show us the way to our rooms. You would think that in most 5 star hotels they could speak a little English given the fact that they get a lot of foriegn travelers, but this one failed to understand that foriegners do not all speak Chinese.

We went to our rooms, changed clothes and went directly to the convention. After 5 PM we returned to the hotel and I looked for the room service menu or food service information and after looking all over the room, my wife called down to the front desk and was told that they do not offer room service menus and in fact they only offer early morning room service that you need select the night before on a menu and hang on your door knob and that they would bring one up to our room.
This was hard to believe for a 5 star hotel that only offered the service that some lower hotels offered.
We went down to check out the food selections on the first floor in a make shift entrance lobby that they now use for the buffet, the selection was not that good, but we were hungry so we stayed. The drink menu prices were outrages as I drink a very popular and common beer that is sold in China and if purchased in the store a 600 ml bottle costs about 0.30 cents and usually higher in other areas, but in this hotel they charged $8.67 for a 330 ml bottle (half the size and 29 times more expensive)and later we found out that the poor buffet food charged us $38.00 each.
There was another restuarant on the 5th floor that we were informed had nothing to do with the hotel.So now we learn more about this so called 5 star hotel that does not offer a restuarant, no gift shop, room service and very few other services to its guests, but they sure do charge like they have a 6 star rating.

Room Tip: We later found out that there were many restuarants in just 3 min walk from the corner of the hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephen T,

Thank you for posting a comment on tripadvisor.com and please accept my sincere aplogies regarding the unpleasant experiences. I have addressed the luggage issue to my team and we will re-emphasize again on the training procedures so that this will not happen to anyone again. Please accept again my apologies.

Furthermore, I have forwarded your comments to our F&B Director who will look into this matter. Actually I am a little surprised since we do have a 24 hours room service menu available and hence I would appreciate it if you could contact me and let me know who provided this information to you.

Additionally, we do have a Italian Restaurant called Mezzo on the second floor. It is true that we do not manage the two Chinese Restaurants by our self however they are very well known and famous in the city for their culinary highlights!

Please do contact me if you plan to visit Shenzhen again since I would personally like to take care of your room allocation and well being.

Assistant Fron Office Manager
+86 15800709789
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good rooms that are very clean. About USA Holiday Inn suite size. The hotel is beautiful and the various dining rooms are very good. Hotel staff was friendly and spoke good English. 12 day business trip and the amenities made the trip more bearable. Buy soda downstairs, the in room soda costs twice as much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nitin A, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Greg R,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com! It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the feedback regarding the room cleanliness and size. Indeed I do agree with you that our property is special.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again so that I could personally welcome you and as well take care of your room allocation.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Assistant Front Office Manager
+86 15800709789
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Spent three nights here on a business trip. The lobby is imposing and rather grand and makes for a striking first impression. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout. Room was very good. Spacious and comfortable with a well equipped and fully functioning bathroom.

Breakfast was very good. It is buffet style with a wide choice. Only slight issue was that staff were a bit hard to find when I wanted a refill for my cup of coffee. The hotel has a couple of restaurants. The Italian - Mezzo - was very good. Well cooked food, well presented and providing a welcome relief from some of the challenges of Chinese cuisine that we faced when out and about.

The hotel is situated in the middle of a banking and business area - all very modern and new but there is a very pleasant public park within easy walking distance which provides a relaxing (if very hot) diversion.

One word of caution - Shenzhen taxi drivers are a bit of a challenge. Despite being armed with the hotel name in Chinese they either don't know (or don't want to know) the way. Be prepared for a few heated discussions that neither of you can understand!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Richard H, thank you very much for staying in Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, and for you time on wiring comments about your experience. It’s our honor to have your appreciation on our room, service and food of the restaurant. The issue about the manning in the breakfast time has been reported to the related manager, which will be improved very soon. I feel sorry about your experience in taking the taxi in Shenzhen, but I’m sure most of the taxi drivers in Shenzhen are nice and helpful. At last, thank you for recommending the Mezzo, our widely praised Italian Restaurant. We are looking forward to see you next time!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The first thing that struck me when I first saw the hotel was that it looked like a palace from the outside. Once inside, the interior decoration lived up to that same impression. The front desk personnels are friendly and helpful. The room is well decorated and comfortable. I definitely recommend this hotel for both leisure and business stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sky_Traveller2000
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Sky_Traveller2000, thank you very much for sharing your experience in Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel. We are glad that both the service and decoration have left you splendid impression during your stay! It is sure that we will keep on striving for better service and experience. Thank you again for recommending our hotel in Tripadvisor. Looking forward to see you in the future!

Warm regards,