“Excellent hotel, superb staff”

Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
Ranked #13 of 2,786 Hotels in Shenzhen
“Excellent hotel, superb staff”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for two night on business. My whole stay was textbook how to run a hotel well and look after your guests. Staff were friendly. One even ironed my shirt for me and flatly refused a tip. The band that plays in the Havana bar are very good. Beds are comfortable, very good pillows. Cannot praise the hotel and its staff highly enough.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to the club class room gratis.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear guest, thank you so much for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and your very positive comments on us. We will keep the excellent products and service to provide our guests even better experience with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Last week I stayed at this Sheraton hotel in Shenzhen and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel offers excellent facilities including a great club lounge, the room I was in (junior suite) was very spacious. The breakfast buffet was very elaborate, most of the staff spoke plenty of English which was also very helpful. I can definitely recommend the Havana bar, when I stayed there they had a small band of three performing excellent music. An added benefit of the hotel is that it is build right on top of the MTR system so you can get around Shenzhen quickly and close to one of the HK border gates. I would certainly recommend this hotel. Only possible improvement is the wireless Internet, I stayed on th 18th floor and sometimes it connected out and there is no option to connect for a day or week, you pay for the usage (as a platinum member Internet is free)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear guest, thank you so much for your stay with Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and your comment on us. We will keep our great products and service to provide you with an even better experience. Looking forward to your coming back soon!
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was most unlike my concept of a Sheraton Hotel. Its a large hotel and the rooms are very spacious.The room was well stocked with amenities. The lobby decor was very ornate and to me quite over the top

I reached the hotel late in the night and somehow the decor made me uncomfortable.

The hotel offered a good exchange rate for currency conversion and that was convenient. The reception staff was efficient and courteous.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear guest, than you for choosing Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel! We will keep optimizing our survice and products to provide you with an even better experience. Looking forward to your coming back soon!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The service was good. But everything is charged, including soft drink!

Thats why it's a four point. All are good otherwise!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your positive comment on Four points by Sheraton.Actually there are Four points by Sheraton and Sheraton two diffrernt brands in Shenzhen.Looking forward to seeing you in our hotel in Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Buffet is good and the italian restraurant is also very good. Across street from a Starbucks and shopping mall so very convenient.

Room Tip: Sheraton Starwood members rooms are lovely. Large bathrooms, cool, quiet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you so much for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and your very positive comment on us. the Starwood members room you mentioned, which i think is our Studio Suite is really one of our biggest selling points with large size, comfortable structure and great city view.Glad that you love it. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 14, 2012

More like a Le Meridien property in that the design is quite contemporary and in places a bit uncomfortably dark. Nevertheless a solid hotel. Location is good with convenient subway entrance right outside the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and your comments about us. As a classic business hotel, we do keep our products and service in a warm and connected manner to provide our guests with a perfect exprience. Looking forward to your coming back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My group stayed at Sheraton using different rooms. The Executive Suite, The Studio Suite and a Superior Room. I checked in first staying for 6 days.

On arrival, check-in was a breeze, all done in under 7 minutes. That I like, I hate standing around waiting to be check-in. Went up to the Executive Suite, lovely room, work area, living room, an extra wash room at the living area, separated bedroom with a master bath with windows all round.

I requested for a smoking room but there were no ash trays in the room. Dialled the customer service number requesting for 4 ash trays. The service staff came up with 2, I asked her for 2 more, she told me there are already 2 in the room. Not believing me she came in to have a look. (made me looked like an Executive Suite guest stealing ugly ash trays. Hahaha)

Lunch at the Mezzo was pleasant, they serve a wonderful set-lunch. Wine selection was average. Price was great! Service staff very attentive.

Had dinner in the Chinese Restaurant on the 5F was told not manage by the hotel. Food standard there was good, a little expensive, but came with sub standard service. There were only 4 tables and we could not get the attention of their staff to take our orders. Billing was just as slow. No way I'm eating there anymore.

On a side note, Central Mall is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Lots of good food! Found a DimSum restaurant, a must try! Had Korean BBQ, reasonable pricing. Enjoyable dinner at StoneGrill, great beef!

Havana, the cigar bar...the only place to catch a smoke in the hotel. Very friendly staff, lovely 2pcs band "Shelia & Nelson". I brought my own cigars so do not know what they offered.

The hotel had an event and a wedding on the same 25th night. Totally loss control of the crowd, I wish they had better control over the use of the guest lift. My party waited at the lobby for more than 15 minutes to get into the lift to go back to our rooms. What's worse, the lift opened at the 5F and all the wedding guest rushed in packing us like sardines. We could not get out when we reached our floors because no one gave way or wanted to move. Mine you, I do speak Mandarin and 4 of their dialects. Didn't help! My question is, why there was no control on the 5F? What happened to basic security control, diverting the wedding guest to use the mall lifts? Isn't the hotel lift for hotel staying guest first and forth most?

We had encountered another small problem, that's with house keeping for the Studio Suite. No one washed the cups and the coffee maker.

All said and done, we had a pleasant stay with the Sheraton Shenzhen Futian.

• Stayed February 2012
Vera Z, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear guest, thanks for choosing Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and your really patient comments on us. As for the security problem you mentioned, we have informed the security manager and to will definetely make some inprovement. I do believe we will do much better when you come back next time.Looing forward to seeing you again soon!