I booked two nights using the Ambassador Weekend Voucher. As per instructions from the reservation, If I wanted 1 King Club Premier Suite with Club Access therefore I was recommended to book 1 King Premier Suite (without Club Access). I booked it for 3 persons.
The Suite is huge, beautiful, luxury...can't complaint at all. There is also TV in bathroom if you are just want to wasting your time in the bathroom. The whole hotel is also luxurious and beautiful. The hotel sent anniversary cake for my parents anniversary which is very nice. The Galleon bar looks terrific too. The swimming pool is also beautiful, it seems like a white sandy beach with a giant ship on it.
However, there are some points to be improved :
- I asked to the reservation regarding to Shenzhen Visa but the hotel fails to provide information regarding to the Shenzhen Visa on Arrival. When I booked Intercontinental, it means that I expect high standard of services but they couldn't provide information regarding to SEZ Visa On Arrival and asked me to apply Chinese visa in Chinese embassy. Fortunately, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate surprisingly could provide all the information that I need eventhough they are not based in Shenzhen.
- I booked for 3 persons and there was charge for the 3rd persons on my rate. However, when I entered the lounge for the first time, I was told that there are only 2 persons in the room rate and I would be charged for the 3rd person. Then I refuse to enter the lounge at all and went down to Guest Service and told that my reservation is for 3 persons. The Guest Service quickly checked my booking and then apologized for what happened since it is true that actually my reservation is for 3 persons. It seems that the reservation team made a wrong note that my room is only for 2 persons eventhough it specifies that there is 3rd person charge on the room rate details. That's explaining why there is no extra bed in the room since the hotel thought that there are only two persons in the room.
However, we still enjoyed the hotel very much despite those issues. The concierge also helpful and speaks English fluently. I asked how to get to OCT east Theme Park and he provides me the information that we wanted; he also informed us that the owner of IC Shenzhen and OCT East are same. We enjoyed our time in OCT East too and it is highly recommended if you would like to see some alternative rather than Window of the world. Just be prepared that no one speaks English in OCT East. Too bad that I can't recall the concierge's name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When InterContinental Shenzhen opened on the Shenzhen Bay Hotel site, it not only preserved the legend s original faÃ§ade, it honoured its innovative spirit by becoming China s first luxury hotel to adopt a mesmerizing Spanish theme. The Shennan Road address is minutes from Overseas Chinese Town, Meridian View Centre and the Futian business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Shenzhen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen