I've been going to this hotel for a few years already, mostly because of its very convenient location at the heart of Futian, right in front of the "Zhuzilin" metro station, 10 mn by taxi from Coco park and OCT. Rooms are spacious, facilities are nice (gym, yoga room, indoor pool...) and lunch buffet is a rather good value for money (138 CY plus service charges, including sashimis and a selection of fresh seafood). In summer, they also have a nice outdoor grill restaurant serving barbecued dishes and rose wine. However disappointment comes with service efficiency. Ever since there has been a change in management a few months ago, staffs are now seriously lacking efficiency and training: very average English proficiency, rather long check-in procedure, staff getting easily "lost" with modes of payment (we wanted to pay a part of our stay in cash), unable to understand room service orders through the phone etc...
Lobby could benefit from a little refresher too: dusting-off the yellowish-curtains, replacing artificial flowers by fresh ones, removing the completely useless, out-of-date "souvenirs shop" in front of the lifts (green crystal cabbage anybody...??).
While previous Management Team worked very hard to raise this hotel to 5 star standards, it seems to me now that the new Team in place is living on reputation only, and not striving for quality improvement. Unless you have a corporate rate program, I believe there are much nicer hotel options in the Futian area (JM Mariott, the new Langham etc...), much more in line with the "5 stars" standards you are in right to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza is located in the Futian business district, next to Zhuzlin metro station and only 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel features 481 rooms with a choice of bay or mountain views, 3 restaurants, 4 bars, a nightclub, fitnesscentre, sauna and indoor heated swimming pool. The port of Huanggang and the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Centre are only 15 minutes away. Conference and meeting facilites are also available for up to 350 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Grand Accor Oriental Ginza Shenzhen