“Excellent Location , Well Furnished Rooms, Friendly Staff”

Marco Polo Shenzhen
Ranked #1,310 of 2,812 Hotels in Shenzhen
United States
“Excellent Location , Well Furnished Rooms, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in this hotel for 4 nights during my recent vacation. The hotel is 42 storeys high and we stayed on 23rd Floor. Our room was tastefully furnished with all ameneties and had a good view of the city landscape. The buffet breakfast was quite stumptuos and lavish. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, taking great pains to explain to us the routes to the nearest shopping markets and tourist loacations.

Overall I would defintiely recommend the hotel for people visiting the city and I look forward to go there again in future

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Tarun1971, Thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen and for taking the time to feedback your comment to us. Your kind words have been passed on to our F&B Department and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work. Thank you again and wish you a happy New Year! Look forward to seeing you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My itinerary of business trip suddencly changed and I had to stay one night in Shenzhen. That was semi-peak season and it seemed like desk staff was about to tell me there was no available room right now. Fortunately I got a room where I can rest my body, but it must be a luck that is allowed to me.
My room as spectacular view even I don't remember which floor was. And it was the right next to the batch that the view was shown!!! I enjoyed my bubble bath embracing night scenary the all the lights on in each buildings.
Also amenities, breakfast, service- there was nothing to complain about it. It was perfect stay after long and tedious business meeting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we would like to express our gratitude to you for your comments about our hotel. We are very pleased to read that you had a great experience in our hotel, especially for the service, the room and the breakfast. Your kind words have been passed on to our staff and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work. Thank you again for your time and we do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.
Corby
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Marco Polo last week leaving on Sunday 3rd.
This is a great hotel with superb staff. They are attentive and take a genuine interest in your welfare and comfort. The room on the 28th floor was great, large room with a separate sitting room, a dressing room and a fully equipped bathroom with a walk in shower. It was fantastic value at the rates we paid. We also had use of the 40th floor for breakfast and meetings.
Everything was great until the very last day. We used the concierge service to book a limousine (really just a people carrier) from Shenzhen back to Hong Kong airport. We booked the limo in the middle of the week and paid at the same time. There seemed to be a bit of confusion because the next night as I walked through the lobby the concierge asked me to confirm the details for the pick up. This seemed to be OK. When I got to the room there was a message asking me to contact the concierge service. I did and reconfirmed the booking for a second time.
Sunday morning at 11am no limo. The concierge denied all knowledge of the booking!
I asked him to go through the pad which the booking as taken down on. Sure enough there was our booking! We were promised that the car would be with us in 20minutes, then it went up to 40 minutes and then to "not sure when...".
So we were left to get our own taxi and make our own way across to the ferry port to get to the airport!
So my advice is stay at the hotel it is a great place in a great location...but if you use the concierge service...get a confirmation of anything you book!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JohnKC
Michelle H, Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear JohnKC, thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen hotel and taking your time to write a comment to us. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to improve our quality of service delivered to all guests. We are pleased to know that you are happy about us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication in arranging your transportation needs. Your comment was been reviewed by the executive office and corrective actions have been taken. We clearly did not deliver your requested service and were not able to rectify this issue in a timely manner. We sincerely regret the inconvenience coursed but hope this experience will not impair your trust in Marco Polo Shenzhen and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.
Fuzhou, China
Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a pleasure this hotel is. Only a couple of years old, this is a very pleasant business hotel in Futian, Shenzhen- the heart of the 'CBD' in China's most successful Special Economic Zone.

Very clean and comfortable room on the 36th floor. Great bed, flat screen TV, separate study and spacious bathroom. Fantastic views out the plentiful windows. What a luxury.

Smooth check in by professional staff who handled the lengthy Chinese registration procedures quickly and efficiently. Great breakfast buffet in the ground floor coffee shop. Seems the executive dinning room was under renovation when I stayed. Room service was fast and tasty. Turn down service replaced all the water I had consumed upon arrival, thanks. Complimentary fruit was nice. Free and fast WiFi.

Gym and pool good too. I will definitely stay again. Lobby seemed a bit cramped!

Room Tip: North can be chilly in winter...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Chris C
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear C C, many thanks for choosing to stay with Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel during your recent visit to Shenzhen and for sharing your appreciation with us. We are delighted to realize that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff and the good comments about our food in Cafe Marco are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole teams. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is my first stay in a Marco Polo hotel and probably my last. I had booked for 2 nights but checked out after 1. Arrival 28th Aug, Continental Club room via Agoda.com.

Highly disappointing, can't even compare up against Local 5 star Huaqiang Plaza Htl tat is my regular every fortnight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank costa_tan
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Costa_tan, We would like to thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Shenzhen and for taking the time to feedback your comments to us. Your feedback is very important to us as far as we daily strive to improve the quality service delivered to our dear guests in order to provide them the high satisfaction that they deserved. We are very sorry to read that you had a bad experience in our hotel and please accept our sincere apologies. Your comment was already transferred to the executive office and further training will be processed accordingly. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and we do hope that we have the opportunity to show you our improvement in the future.
pdxdesi
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was recommended this hotel when visiting Shenzhen for business. The hotel is located in a nice area called Futian and is fairly close to the Metro (10min walk) which allows for easy travel around the city. You have to know your way around the metro/train station though else you will end up with a longer walk. Close to the station is a mall with several options to shop, eat and just hang out. The hotel has a nice breakfast which was included in my rate (but not always the case) - if you have the option pick the rate with a breakfast as it can almost be a brunch. Staff is very friendly and always around to assist. I did order room service the first night as it was late and I was too tired to venture out. They do have some options for vegetarians which is great. The pizza I ordered didnt look great but it tasted really good. Good wifi reception across the hotel. The hotel has a nice large gym with a lot of new good equipment that works.

Now for the challenges...the staff try hard to speak in English but it is still lacking. I spent 15 min on an international call trying to arrange a pick up by the hotel car (i did call on the day of travel - should have done that via email earlier). The chair height cannot be adjusted so not easy to work at the desk. I looked real hard for a laundromat but could not find one near the hotel. The hotel does offer laundry service but its not cheap. I had a room in a high floor but the clubs near by are pretty loud on Fri nights.

Despite the challenges I still think this is a nice place and will probably will return.

Room Tip: - the hotel staff is very responsive via email - makes it easier if you want to communicate in Engli...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Pexdesi, Thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen hotel and taking your time to write a comment to us. We are delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us. Your comments on the breakfast, room service and our Fitness Centre, are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole teams. Your comment in regards to the staff English was already transferred to the FO Manager and further English training will be processed accordingly. About the chair height, we actually have another chair option for guest’s choice. You may contact the service centre if needed. Once again, thank you for your comment and wish you all the best.
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just a short stay at the Marco Polo ,must say that i was pleasantly suprised ,good staff from arrival till departure & service at the breakfast was good and they treated me like a Vip ,good breakfast spread and assortment and the rooms are spotless clean ,please keep this Up .will be back again !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle H, Public Relations Manager at Marco Polo Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear fly_ing_dutchman295, thank you for choosing Marco Polo Shenzhen as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Shenzhen and for taking the time to feedback your comment to us on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to read that you appreciated our hotel. Your good comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole teams.