Fraser Place Shekou Shenzhen
Taizi Hotel(Shenzhen)
  • Restaurant
Cruise Inn(Shenzhen)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea worldferry portwashing machinelong term stayliving roomone bedroom apartmentlong term residentsbank buildingnice apartmentsfull kitchenapartment hotelcooking utensilssmall kitchenspent nights heresquare metersminute walkcigarette smell
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here for three months due to an assigment for the oil and gas industry where I am working. The company has chosen the place for me but it was a wise decision. I never feel not home at all during the duration of my stay.
The place is near the Ferry terminal of Shekou. Going to Hongkong is only 45 minutes by ferry.
The rooms are spacious and well maintained. The staff were friendly and nice. Whenever I need something they always there to help. Most of the time I am asking them to translate to Chinese my instructions to my Chinese driver.
The only thing that I had an issue was my bed, I find it very hard and not comfortable. I even complained about it and they offered that they will replace it for me.
Buffet breakfast is always served but not a wide selection. Mostly basic ones. I hope they would find time to organize it in such a way that it will not be the same for the guests especially for longer staying guests.
Generally, it is a good place to stay. I would love to be there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Shekou Plaza
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bok_1981
Reviewed December 7, 2011

A nice hotel, in a great area, the rooms are very spacious but are tired and in need of some decoration. The carpet in my room was very dirty, for some reason they used a cream carpet?

Service is generally very good for China.
Breakfast more than adequate.

What really makes the experience poor is the blatant rip off on the exchange rate when paying by credit card which added nearly 7% to my bill. I noted that this was also mentioned in a previous review in February 2011 and a comment made by the General Manager that this was noted. It has not changed and you have no option but to accept the exchange rate of the hotel into the currency of your card. Despite the credit card documentation clearly stating 'I have been offered a choice of currency including RMB'
I raised this with the front desk and they said they could not change this, the manger refused to talk to me! After 30 minutes I decided there was little point in progressing as the outcome would not change.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have stayed in Fraser place with work on many occasions. When they have been full I have stayed with their Shekou based competition. I always return to Fraser place. It's friendy, the apartments are large and clean, if slightly tired and the rates are acceptable. The gym is well equipped but the outdoor pool is a little small for me to exercise in.

Local attractions are great with Nanshan Mountain directly behind Fraser, perfect for exercise and a wealth of local bars and restaurants.

One small negative, they have Chinese style mattresses which are rock hard. When asked they will fit a more comfortable mattress topper which is a big help.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We were in transit -- coming in from a ferry at Shekou Ferry Terminal and flying out of Shenzhen the next day. This was extremely reasonable priced. It was only a 5 minute taxi ride from the ferry terminal, next to the metro, had a 7-eleven across the street, and within walking distance to a bunch of restaurants that had non-Chinese food. So if you want Mexican, Italian, Korean, you can get it.

The room was big, and clean, with several American channels. No complaints there, especially after coming from a small Hong Kong hotel that cost 50% more. We usually stay at 4-star places and were satisfied with this place. The staff spoke English and pre-arranged us with a taxi.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HappyBelly
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband and I with 2 close friends checked into Frasers Place, Shekou sometime in October and had a wonderful time enjoying the cozy ambience and lush greenery of its location. The three bedroom apartment that we shared was very tastefully furnished and we were very pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and cleanliness of the bedrooms. The waterfront view was also breathtaking. All the staff we met during our stay was very friendly and courteous. We would definitely bring our kids here on our next visit. Our only regret during our stay was that it was too short !!

Room Tip: Choose an apartment on a high floor where the living room balcony connects with the balcony of the bedroom to get a panoramic view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business