“Stay with Shenzhen Shekou Hilton Hotel”

Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai
Ranked #10 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellence staff service, clean and nice hotel. But internet access is not free and not the fastest. 10 ~ 15mins to walk from Shekou Ferry Terminal. Nice sea view room but air is not clear most of the time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Meng Hwee Andre... S
Hiltonshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

Dear Meng Hwee Andre,

Thanks for staying with us since we just opened. We really appreciate your detailed review on our hotel facilities, services and surrounding environment. We will keep improving our services and products, as well as exceeding guests' expectations. It is really great to hear that you had pleasant and enjoyable stay at the Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai hotel. We wish to have you with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have seen quite a few Hilton hotels, but this is the most impressive building I have ever seen. The lobby is superlative, with a "floating piano", the rooms are impressive, the pool is gigantic, everything exudes luxury and grandiose taste. Although a bit far from Shenzhen city center, taxi are comfortable, cheap and fast through the highway. I would recommend it as well for a short weekend out of Hong Kong, as it is right next to the ferry stop.
Being Diamond, I was upgraded to a suite and access to the lounge, but even if you have to pay for that privilege I can definitively recommend it. I had my share of "average" lounges at Hilton, but this one is top of the league by the space, luxury, food and superb service.
It is close to a new entertainment center with franchises coffees and restaurants, including an old docked cruise ship which serves as a German sausage restaurant: food and service and toilets are horrible however, this is a real tourist trap. So I recommend that you eat at the Hilton instead (where the breakfast was excellent, and the high tea also look great).
As for the service, it is within the best that Hilton can offer.
My only concern is that the bed was sinking (I experienced the same at the Hilton in Guanzhou), and the lounge receptionist told me that next time I should advise them in advance of my visit, and they will change to a hard mattress. I did not know that this was possible, and I will surely do it.
Well, I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SZXSS, General Manager at Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Jean Louis V

Thank you for choosing Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai for your recent stay in Shenzhen. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and patronage.
Many thanks for your comments about the service as well as the facilities of our hotel. It is indeed very encouraging.
Also thank you for letting us know your preference of bed. Please be assured that we will put that in your profile in the system and make sure a hard mattress will be ready before your arrival next time.
Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai the next time you're in Shenzhen.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My visit to Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai hotel happened 2 weeks after its soft opening. Not with high expectations before my visit, since lots of quick comments from friends' browsing via the internet.........many of the outlets are not ready yet & staff are new for getting familiarised with the daily operations, etc............ since it was merely having a soft opening.

Without much surprise, there were lack of both the lobby greeting (by concierge staff) when i got off from taxi & the lobby check in staff's smiles. I was directed to the Executive Lounge for check in, once they identifed my specific booking, but the higher the expectation (on Exec Lounge's service), the greater the disappointment. The 2 Staff on shift (Bella & Wendy) were not able to provide me the Hilton Standard level of Exec Lounge's service.......at all ; i trust they need more coaching and training.

After i checked in & went to my room with my hotel key to open the door, co-incidently, there were 2 local engineers (for air cond I guess) & one officer and one bell boy just came out from my room, all can't speak English, and even not a sorry from their behaviour or from their words ; i felt extremely awkward and embarrassing (as I am a lady).........and definitely, it was proved that my room was not ready yet for new guest to stay at all.

I can see the TV screen in the room shown the GM's name - John Burges to greet the hotel guest name, but unfortunately, it did not show my name (some other named Ms Zheng Siqi???). Before i considered to launch a complaint or not, the Asst Front Office Manager - Kinpin Xu (the Hero i later claimed him to be, in this visit) politely rang up and asked me to consider to change (upgraded) to another more quiet, spacious room instead. I explained to him about my earlier unhappy experiences with the Hotel since i arrived and he has kindly and helpfully made up everything he can do to ensure my remaining stay to be pleasant and acceptable.

Despite the earlier unforgettable & non-pleasant experiences, i really need to mention that Hatte Mo and the other Exec Lounge's staff are really professional and friendly ; and even the gym & the cafe's staff are all cheerful, nice & served me well.

The hardwares, the decor & the conditions of the room & also for the hotel itself are all brand new, high end, luxurious & stylish. The quality of the F&B is extremely good (especially when you compared to other Hilton groups hotel in China) while the presentations of the dishes and the backdrop are also very creative, innovative and dynamic.

I really hope that the shuttle bus service would be available soon, since the hotel is a little distant from the Shekou Port, while the taxi drivers there may have not known this new hotel and some of them maybe doggy and unhelpful to go for longer and wrong routes to the hotel.

I would also like to re-iterate the helpfulness and the calmness of Kinpin Xu (the Hero) to turnaround professionally my rest of the stay in this hotel and make me change my mind to re-visit the hotel again in the near future.

Room Tip: A corner room with balcony, spacious and with broad & nice view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear VL

Thanks for staying with us since we just opened.
We really appreciate your detailed and descriptive review on our hotel facilities, services and surrounding environment. We will keep improving our services and products, as well as exceeding guests' expectations. We wish to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

stayed recent at this newly opened Hilton in one of the nice and green parts of Shenzhen. Architecture, lay-out and general feel are impressive and the available facilities well designed. Club lounge has a great harbor view and service was swift and warm. A short walk from the HK ferry and across a vibrant restaurant and night life in Shekou, a perfect place for a WE break. Quality of the bed & linnen were superb and I do look forward being back soon and try the new facilities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear JJB61

Positive guest feedback always helps to motivate the team.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I checked in the Hilton around noon on a Friday. My suite was not ready and it took over 90 minutes for housekeeping to get around to cleaning it. This seemed odd as the hotel was not very busy. More annoying was that I had to check back with the front desk 3 times and each time was told that it would be 10 minutes longer. Facilities were very nice but my suite lacked attention to detail as there were gashes in the walls and construction adhesive on the balcony sliding glass door.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Carlton C

Thanks for staying with us since we just opened.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We checked into this new hotel for Calendar New Years 2013/2014. Public areas, lobby, bar and sea views are spectacular. The staff, many of whom are new, are working to move the service levels up to Hilton standards. We had no major problems. We only had breakfast in their sunny buffet restaurant but it offered an enjoyable experience with its pool and harbor views. The room we originally booked was not prepared when we arrived at 15:45 but this was resolved with a upgrade to a fully prepped room. Rooms are a haven of luxury. Once more restaurants open up in the hotel we will return for special occasions and meals.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Fred K

Positive guest feedback always helps to motivate the team.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Located near Sea World in Shekou, this hotel opened in December 2013. It's set between the newly-extended Sea World entertainment area (think Fisherman's Wharf) and the older Nanhai Hotel. Rooms have views over Shenzhen Bay. On a clear day, you can see Hong Kong.

I held a meeting in one of the rooms on the lobby level. Plenty of help was available to set up the laptop, etc. Free public WiFi is on this level. In the rooms, there's chargeable WiFi and ethernet.

Breakfast is below the lobby. Good mix of East and West. Good quality for both. They do a lunch buffet as well. It's similar to breakfast.

3rd floor has a gym and an indoor pool. There's an outdoor pool as well, but it's closed in winter.

On the lobby level, there's a bar where you can get a drink or a cup of tea during the day. Sitting out in the sun in winter is lovely, but if you know Shekou, summer will be a little warm out there.

The hotel was able to arrange airport pickup and drop off (BMW), as well as a minibus (with a baggage area inside) to nearby Chiwan port for groups of people. Handy if you're in shipping or oil and gas. You'll need to be, to afford the pickup.

On the other side of Sea World there's a metro (subway) to take you into Shenzhen, or down to Chiwan. You can even get to the airport by train these days.

You can walk to the ferry for HK/Macau/Zhuhai/HK Airport, but it's a bit of a detour until the Nanhai Hotel reopens. The road in front is closed temporarily.

If you are finicky about hotels, give it a month to settle down. It's new, so there glitches in service and so on, but the staff are very helpful and attentive. No real problems were encountered.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hippodribble

Many thanks for your comments about the service standard of the hotel. It is very helpful. We will reinforce the training and supervising towards our staff and improve our service levels.