“Not really worthwhile going”

Splendid China Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$274.99*
and up
Private Shenzhen Tour: Splendid China Folk...
Ranked #9 of 506 things to do in Shenzhen
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This park, which is next to the China Folk Village, presents the country’s best cultural assets and landmarks (such as the Terra Cotta Warriors and the Great Wall) in miniature in one place. The experience is fascinating and gives the sensation of having seen China in a day.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Entrance is quite expensively. Most of the models and buildings look cheap and not well maintained. The horse show is so-so. We forced ourselves to go around the park to see everything but didn't really enjoy it. I would not recommend to go here.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"nice place"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visit all China famous attractions in 3 hours. A replica of window of the world except this park should call itself window of the China.
Huge park linked with China Folk Culture Village.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my favorite place in the city. It is part of the Folk Village (same admission).

Downside:
- Some of the model were not in great shape
- The models are not like dollhouses, not detailed replicas

Upside:
- There are a lot of models to see
- They captured the essence of many different places
- Though I have been to china many times, I learned about new places
- The models, with the bonsai trees, made great pictures

This is walking distance from the Window of the World. I would go there first, but this is close by and worth the visit if you have the time.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My chinese wife and I invited 2 business friends from USA and Austria to visit this place. It w also for me the 1st visit and not only me, but also our vistor enjoyed this day. We arrived around 11 am and stayed until the end. We joined a lot of shows from the different counties and it was a rl pleasure to see dancings and other celebrations you never saw before. The show in the afternoon with the horses was not a great deal, but the 2 big shows at the end of the day have been fantastic. I made the mistake to invite our guests in the evening to a hot pot restaurant in Shenzhen, but our (female) guest from the USA was so tired that she didn't enjoy it too much. But about the splendid China I can say that with our next visitors from oversea we will go there again!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This park is connected to the Folk Culture Village, and admission is a package deal. I wasn't impressed with the miniature Chinese landmarks because most of them looked like model kits, many with broken pieces Some of the architecture was interesting, but in such small scale, you couldn't see detail. The terra cotta warriors were close to life size, and were the highlight of the park. There were also some small statues that were quite nice.
I think this park would mean much more to Chinese natives with a good understanding of history than to visitors. Each exhibit had a plaque with information, but without knowing the regions of China or the dynasties' time frames well, I couldn't make much sense of it.