“A very good Lunch”

Gold Coast Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #51 of 4,150 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shekou
Description: The main focus and emphasis of the food is Australian Steaks & Seafood prepared and cooked using traditional methods.Large range and variety of Seafood such as Scallops, Prawns, Lobster, Tuna, Sole, Squid, Cod, Oyster, Sea bass and Salmon. Highest quality steaks and other BBQ food are authentically cooked in the Australian way to retain all the juice and flavor.The menu is diverse to cover a broad range of nationalities, tastes, ages and also includes many selections suitable for vegetarians. Gold Coast also has Catering, Delivery and Parties services. Rear entrance and car parking available. Tips are optional.
Somerset West, South Africa
“A very good Lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

had heard so much about this restaurant and two day ago I had an opportunity to try it for my self. I will certainly be going back.

i had a very nice surf and turf. I would liked to have been able to enjoy a glass of nice dry house wine but as the only served Chardonnay, which I don't drink, I had to settle for a couple of refreshing Tigers.

The service was very good, though the place war certainly not busy. The menu is a very respectable size, not too big and in the case of my meal, what came out of the kitchen was very good. Could have done with the meat being a bit rarer, it was a very reasonable medium. I felt the meal did not require the grilled vegetables, which was served with it. No big deal, I'll know next time and will not waste chef's time doing veggies which are not consumed.

Like most of the restaurants in the area, the wine lists are not very good. They tend to be very expensive for what they are, and not likely to be bought by those of us from wine growing areas, where excellent wines are available at realistic prices. Even taking into consideration transport cost I feel they are way over the top, and charging serious prices for some not so great wines.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Al D

• Korean first
Shenzhen, China
“poor service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

went there servel times , but the service is terrible plus takes longtime to serve you with a staff non speaking english ,the food has no tast plus the bill is not tha cheap

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank david88882014
Christopher B, Owner at Gold Coast Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Since you have been many times already, we look forward to seeing you next time.

We always encourage anyone who may have any issue or question whatsoever to take this up with the manager at the time. A log of this information is kept and used as part of the continuous improvement program.

From your review it does not make reference to actual events with supporting information, so it is hard to respond without knowing it, therefore next time you come let us discuss this in person together.
Guangzhou, China
“Average food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went there for lunch as it's recommended, we tried some seafood, but it was really average food, can't really sense anything special about it. The shrimp was not properly cooked, overall, over priced and over rated.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Anna C
Waterford, Ireland
“Woeful Service - Food Good Though”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This has always been a regular for me and my co-workers over the last three years. Always great steak and good friendly service. We decided to try the restaurant for lunch however we noticed that the old staff were all gone and new staff in place. Ordering was a disaster as they could not understand English and it took over 10minutes to order. The food when it came out was perfectly fine. Thinking this was a one off I decided to try the restaurant in the evening. There were only five other people in the restaurant as we went early evening. I ordered Caesar salad with chicken. I asked if I could have grilled chicken and not breaded chicken which they offer some times. Unfortunately the waitress didn’t know what grilled chicken was after 5 minutes trying to explain I gave up and ordered tuna salad. I ordered salmon steak for main and I was asked how I would like it cooked. Given that it took over five minutes to place our order we hoped our food order would be placed with the kitchen first. Unfortunately the waitress decided to serve drinks to some other diners, then serve our drinks and then place the order in the kitchen. The tuna salad when I got it was very good and the tuna perfectly cooked. The salmon was equally good. So the quality of food is still good but the service really did put us off so much. There was no management to be seen and the waitress completely out of her depth. I fully realise that this is China but this restaurant is mostly frequented by expats so expecting the staff to understand basic English I don’t feel is unreasonable especially when it forces the customer to choose a different dish because the waitress doesn’t know what grilled chicken means. Sad to see service good downhill so badly to the point where we won’t return again.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank EddieOnTour
“Delicious meal”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The best meal we have had in shenzhen since we have been here. I ordered chicken stuffed with feta and spinach, which came with crispy roast potatoes and veg. My fiancée had a seafood lobster soup encrusted with pastry top and pizza. The service was very good. I also enjoyed a delicious mojito. It was surprisingly quiet despite the great food, service on offer. We will be going back.

• Visited August 2013