“Never again!!!”

Gold Coast Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #53 of 4,150 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shekou
Description: The main focus and emphasis of the food is Australian Steaks & Seafood prepared and cooked using traditional methods.Large range and variety of Seafood such as Scallops, Prawns, Lobster, Tuna, Sole, Squid, Cod, Oyster, Sea bass and Salmon. Highest quality steaks and other BBQ food are authentically cooked in the Australian way to retain all the juice and flavor.The menu is diverse to cover a broad range of nationalities, tastes, ages and also includes many selections suitable for vegetarians. Gold Coast also has Catering, Delivery and Parties services. Rear entrance and car parking available. Tips are optional.
Shenzhen, China
“Never again!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What an interesting phenomenon, all these great trip advisor reviews to draw you to a place, and when you get your food, you realize that you have been duped by the old "bait and switch" tactic, or at least that's what I felt like.

First it was a Thursday, my wife and I were in China visiting friends and decided to go to dinner on our own before discussing it with them. After being sat we waited approx 25 minutes for our drinks. I guess a glass of wine and a sprite are hard things to come by in china. Or maybe they were busy, but being that we were the only table in the place I am not sure that was the case.

First course, tom yum soup to share, after the first bite the sharing ended and the staring started. The stares were at the soup wondering what could make it taste like this. Not a pleasant start.

The menu was a good size so I went with the roast beef dinner. I thought that this was a safe bet. My wife had the chicken. Bad bet, The roast beef was flavorless, but tender, and the potatoes were not so bad. The chicken my wife had was boderline inedible, im not even sure what cut of the chicken it was, maybe the thigh.

Top this off with slow service in an empty restaurant, this equals a very bad night for dinner out.
I dont usually write on these review sites but i couldn't let this one go. Porbably because I believe the final bill was around 50 usd! Not cheap

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank stretch m

• Korean first
United Kingdom
“First try: very good steak and pasta”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were recommended to come here and went on a Monday evening. The place was quiet and were the second table that was occupied. Had a Tom Yum and a mushroom soup as starters which were both nice. As an amuse some freshly baked bread sticks were served with balsamico/olive oil dipping that tasted very well. The accompanying potatoes were over cooked but the vegetables not cooked long enough. The cajun sauce was finessed but most important, my New York strip was cooked medium rare, exactly as ordered and tasted great and was of good Australian quality. My wife's seafood pasta was very good although the portion was to big for her. We ordered white and red wine by the glass which was good and reasonably priced.

Service was excellent and the waitresses spoke very good English. The owner, Chris, stopped by our table for a chat which was certainly appreciated.

The restaurant has a functional decoration but nothing special or memorable. I didn't particularly like the wide screen TV playing a movie which didn't really fit in such a restaurant.

When the Ming Hua reconstruction is over it will be very nice to sit outside on the terrace.

Considering the good value for money, quality of the food and wine, service level and personal involvement of the owner we will certainly come back, very soon. Will review more next time.

Plano, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dinner in Shenzhen so far”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been in Shenzhen for a week, and will be here two more weeks. Found this one through tripadvisor, and it was rated pretty high, so I thought I would give it a try.

I am glad I did. The concierge at the Holiday Inn could not understand the address (in English) and so he called the number and they helped him. He was able to write it in Chinese, so the Taxi driver could take us there.

There are a lot of resturants in the square that cater to tourists, so they all included English in the menu. We went early 6:00 on a Sunday hoping to beat the crowd. When we got there we were the first ones there. When we left there was only one other table occupied. I do not understand because the food was terrific.

I ordered the Ribeye meal, which included a 300g Ribeye, a salad, vegetable, potato, and cheese cake for desert. I also had a soft drink, and it cost about $35 US. Not something I would spend everyday, but well worth it for once a week type meal.

The Ribeye was as good as the good ones in the U.S. Very tender and flavorful, unlike most beef I have had in China.

If you want to get get away from the Chinese food for a night, this is a good choice.

• Visited April 2013
“Best fillet mignon in the Country”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to many restaurants in many countries and Gold Coast Restaurant is one of my favorites especially here in China. The biggest compliment any restaurant can get is to have regular customers. I am very regular, I come 2 to 3 times a week and the two things I notice are that they have a BIG return customer base and their food is awesome. Their Fillet Mignon is the most tender I have had anywhere. Thanks Gold Coast

Haslingden, United Kingdom
“A Shekou Must!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you aare looking for good food, great atmosphere, good beer and wines and excellent service look no futher than Gold Coast.

Visited a number of times and never been disssapointed.

Steaks are perfcetly cooked and the fillet i had last night was fantastic.

Keep up the good work Chris!!