L'Hermitage Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$113
$103
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusiness suitewestern foodhotel offersnice hotelother star hotelsevery morningshenzhen baylobby barbreakfast buffettaxiamenitiesenglishchinalaptopdeskhallwayhk
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed there for two weeks. The hotel is part of L'Hermitage group and recently changed its name to LVGEM - you won't find it under the old name anymore.
It is conveniently located in Futian area and close to metro (if you ever need to catch metro as taxis are quite cheap).
It is an excellent 5 start hotel without the price tag. If you are planning to stay longer (a month or two) you can get a monthly deal which includes a lot of free extras (e.g. breakfast, dry cleaning and etc.).
There are direct shuttle services from the Hotel to Hong Kong - you don't even need to change cars at the boarder.
Staff are very friendly and make sure you get the breakfast deal as it is quite good.

Room Tip: The room service food was quite nice too - if you are late to go out. there are 2 or 3 restaurants inside the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Decoration, rooms, service, breakfast - all equal to the 5* international chains but without throngs of people walking through the lobby . Lovely quiet and relaxing atmosphere - a haven in the hectic city and generally frenetic country. A real gem - will be using this for all future trips

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all,we would like to thank you for choosing L’Hermitage Hotel and also for sharing your opinion with the other tripadvisor website users. It was great to read so positive feedback!
We are exremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with hotel’s decorations, room, service as well as our “lovely and quiet atmosphere”.
We appreciate your very nice comment, especially your willingness to return to L’Hermitage Hotel when you will come to Shenzhen next time. The we will do our best to ensure you another great stay here.
Thank you one more time. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had high expectations coming to L'Hermitage hotel as I had read the reviews and look forward to my stay.

I've got to say the facilities are 5 star in quality. The rooms are nice and bathrooms are of high quality.

The service I received was very poor and would be comparable to a 2 or 3 star hotel. During the second day of my stay I finished a workout and headed to the shower / sauna. After I about to jump into the Sauna I got a knock on the door telling me that "The Boss was coming" and I had to leave. As a customer in a 5 star hotel I hardly expected to asked to leave the bathroom while I'm naked.

The staff was completely unresponsive and I won't be back.

If your looking for nice facilities this is a good choice. If you choose this level of hotel for the service please look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron T
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all, we are deeply sorry about the misunderstanding and all of the inconenience you met at the hotel. We were really touched that you had these kind of feelings after leaving us.
Please accept our truly aplogies however we would like to explain the situation you mentioned at your review.
The staff had to knock the door and disturb you because you had locked the Sauna- and Changing Room.
In this situation the other Guest who had already made a reservation of Sauna Room could not come into and use it. We are sorry that our staff did not inform you about the booking.
If w suggested you making the reservation before, we could assure that you would use Sauna Room alone and avoid this kind of misunderstanding.
Please consider to give us the second chance and come back to L’Hermitage Hotel during your next visit in Shenzhen. Then we will do our best to ensure you that not only our facilities are five-star in quality but also the service.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My 2 daughters and I just stayed at L'Hermitage and it really was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel is first class - large, well appointed room, very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, excellent buffet breakfast with a large variety of tasty food and best of all the staff are amazing. There is always an English speaker at reception and my special thanks goes to Yang who was outstanding. I need to follow a gluten free diet and he personally took me to the Chinese restaurant in the hotel, ordered my food and then checked the food as it came out to ensure that it was indeed gluten free. I have never experienced that level of service anywhere else in the world. I will always stay at this hotel when I visit Shenzhen in future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynne M
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for these nice words and compliments.
It was a real pleasure to meet you and your two lovely daughters!
We are more than happy you enjoyed staying with us and also to hear you liked the staff and service so much. We do our best to ensure that every Guest feels at L’Hermitage Hotel like at home.
The most important for us is that you would like to return to L’Hermitage Hotel when you visit Shenzhen in future
We will be more than happy to serve you again.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The rooms were very clean and well furnished. The food was great but most importantly, the customer service here was immaculate. They were always ready to attend to any request. Most times when I stay at a hotel, I get quite a bit of anxiety with the front office or restaurant staff with regards to requests but I did not feel a single tinge of that here and I think that accounts for something. I would stay here again in my future trips to Nanshan.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shark T
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing L’Hermitage Hotel and for a such nice comment!
We are extremely happy to hear we ensured you a comfortable stay with us because the best quality of our services and satisfaction of our Guests are the most important values for us.
It was also great to hear about your willingness to return to L’Hermitage when you will be in Nanshan District next time. We will be more than happy to serve you again.