“Great property with personal assistance”
Review of Decanter & Malt

Decanter & Malt
Ranked #20 of 4,413 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Luohu Port
Description: Rising 430 meters above the ground and framed by floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the bustling city by day and vibrant lights by night, Decanter offers an extensive wine selection in a contemporary, tactile environment. Its elegant polished dark-wood bar harmonizes with refined taupe and bronze hues, complementary stools, and a dramatic oversized lamp. A captivating glass staircase dominates the center of the room. Further, the light-filled space houses a communal table for larger groups and armchairs combine with low tables to form more intimate groupings. MALT Oyster and Sushi Bar is nestled within Decanter at the top of our 430-meter building. An impressive range of fresh imported oysters, sashimi, and sushi is paired with fine wines from around the world.
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Really appreciate Lucimda,Sunny and Sherly’s Assistance during the stay. Their hospitality skills are highly appreciated.

Date of visit: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店

Reviewed June 19, 2018

After reading all the reviews about Malt, I thought it would be the ideal place to bring my beloved there for our anniversary. The food was incredibly fresh and tasted absolutely fantastic. All of it made to order and varies daily according to what they get in for the day. Nice selection of wine to choose from as well. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing sitting and dining on sushi on the 100th floor with soft music and a digital ceiling that changes scenes from time to time. Order from a specially crafted set meal or if you know your stuff, you can order individually to your preference. After the meal, move on to the 96th floor with your bottle of wine and finish it off in the lounge on a comfortable sofa soaking in the panoramic views of Shenzhen.

Service was alright. The Ground floor staff were very nice. But on the 96th floor, the usher was too busy attending to his personal agenda on his mobile phone and simply pointed us around and paused and walked and paused and walked which we found to be very rude. The whole time he did not even greet us or speak to us politely. For a restaurant of this caliber, that treatment is absolutely unacceptable. Initially, the wait staff were not the best as well but as the night progressed and seemingly because we ordered some of the most expensive items on the menu, we got a little more attention after that. I would suggest that the staff up their game a little and pay guests that come to dine at this restaurant a little respect regardless of their appearance, not that my partner and I dressed down but we may have just looked a little younger than the other guests there at the time.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

We thought we were going to a small gastro-pub at the 100th floor of the KingKey100, but ended up having a 5 course fine dining experience with an unbeatable view! To go up to the restaurant and bar you have to pay 230 RMB on the ground level, but not to worry: You use those money to pay for the feast upstairs. We ended up trying their truffle and scallop salad (fantastic), their tuna-sashimi (sub-par), their sushi rolls (the plum and avocado+soft shell crab was super), a heap more and they even have a good wine selection. (The prize range is about 100 to 300 RMB per dish and around 100-200 RMB per wine glass)

We were practically alone in the restaurant, which might have been because of CNY going on, but the staff was super-attentive and the whole experience was, you know, super-romantic. They don't really have any bigger tables than 2 people and a counter, so I would not recommend it to a larger group.

Date of visit: February 2018
PublicRelations3651, 公关经理 at Decanter & Malt, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Ida Christin E,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an exquisite dining experience at Malt, with the finest dishes, caring staff and breathtaking view. I will share your comments with our team and thanks for their great effort.

Thank you once again for your nice words. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back, whenever you are in the city.

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

This was my second time in Malt and I found it as satisfying as the first time.
I love the open kitchen where you can enjoy watching how the chefs prepare your food in a very professional manner.
The price is reasonable for the quality of the food.
I had a business dinner and my business partners enjoyed very much as well.

Date of visit: January 2018
PublicRelations3651, Public Relations Manager at Decanter & Malt, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Leos_Wilkins,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an exquisite dining experience at Malt, with the finest dishes, caring staff and breathtaking view. I will share your comments with our Malt team and thanks for their great effort.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Can not rave enough about the quality and attention to a well presented plate. Great atmosphere and décor as well.

Date of visit: January 2018
PublicRelations3651, Public Relations Manager at Decanter & Malt, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear Neil914,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an exquisite night at Decanter & Malt, with the breathtaking view and great ambience. I will share your comments with our team and thanks for their great effort.

Live Exquisite.

Been to Decanter & Malt? Share your experiences!