Wuzhou Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shebao Hotel(Shenzhen)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Staying at this hotel was awful. The room was nice, clean, and acceptable for business travel but the rest was just a nightmare. Firstly my shower flooded the whole time I was here, secondly there is no convenience store within the hotel grounds or anywhere within a 30 min walk radius, thirdly it takes at least 20 mins to walk to the nearest subway. On top of this the hotel received 'VIP" Chinese guests whilst we stayed which meant my bag had to be scanned and I had to go through a metal detector on 3 of the 5 nights I stayed here, every time I went to my room - and at absolutely no point did they offer an explanation for why this was happening. On the final night of my stay they sent a note through my door (which I read at 2am) telling me they had more 'VIP' guests and I had to checkout at 9am instead of 12pm which was initially decided, I called them and refused, they then tried to bargain with me to 10am which I also refused. The hotel has inadequate number of stores / shops in house to suffice for how far it is away from the main locale of shenzhen. On top of all of this the prices in the hotel bars and restaurants were a complete rip-off; whilst it took 150 CNY to get to town in a taxi it took 550 CNY to buy a drink in the hotel. Coffee was not provided in the room for free (only at 280 CNY surcharge). Internet, whilst free, is not adequate for business use. I also had a constant overall feeling of being watched. I will never, ever, stay here again.

Room Tip: Just don't bother stayed here - go to good hotels in shenzhen main such as the shangri-la
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank schukichan
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Attended a meeting at this hotel and I have to say, am so glad I did not have to check in. Firstly, it took the driver over ten minutes to find a way into the hotel - it's just so inaccessible. Once arriving, I had to ask which building the meeting was in, A or B, simple you may think - the doorman did not even approach the car, I had to wave frantically to get his attention; then he could not even understand A or B English level. Finally I arrived at the meeting room and it's very similar to those seen on TV for Government meetings, clean but aged. The hotel is clean except when going to the restrooms - filthy and this put me off completely. If one has to hold a meeting - this should be the last place!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chinacol A
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Bed was most comfortable I have slept in in China. Room was spotless and well appointed. Breakfast buffet was just fine. Good choice of food. Hesitating because the feel was not right. Things like minimum fee in lounge bar area of 48 rmb per person. Not hard to achieve as the drink prices were extortionate 50 rmb for a chinese beer that usually costs 10 to 20 rmb but it just put a bad taste in your mouth. You don't expect to have to pay a min. fee to sit down in a public area in a 5 star hotel. Also if you asked for any help with maps, directions, things to see and do they were not equipped language wise to answer. The place is a bit inaccessible and there are no footpaths in and out of the grounds. YOu have to walk along the road. The metro is about 10 mins walk away. I live in China and am very used to all things chinese but for 5 start expected international standard not chinese standard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AussieAMC
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed 4 weeks in the Wuzhou Guest House and was very satisfied with everything. Customer service, facilities, food, accommodation - all of very good standard. Particularly enjoyed the gym and swimming pool - excellent both for a day start-up or a short relax at the end of a work day.

Room Tip: Block B is newer and rooms generally better - however, Block A is also very good (in fact its where I stayed).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Stayed there 4 days in July 2007 in a "business-suite".

Really great rooms with InternetPC on a marble desk.
One of the first rooms I stayed in which deserves the name business for not only the rate.

Service was very , very good. I know that China offers very good service and the level is high , but I think this was exceptional.

Could really advice this place over the American or Euro-chains.
This is a Chinese Hotel and you will notice that ...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)