Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen
Ranked #11 of 2,769 Hotels in Shenzhen
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's a long time I've not stayed in this hotel in Shenzhen. When I come back, I am surprised some of the staff at check-in would still recognize me - it makes me feel at home! Thanks also for the welcoming drink (ice tea) especially I'm checked-in during a very hot weather.

Thanks for the upgrade from a Premier Room to a mini-Suite that is very comfortable. The bed is as always comfortable and the amenities, especially the Internet inside the suite are just perfect - not too much fancy stuff but not too little.

The breakfast buffet at 3/F is perfect. The Staff is attentive and the food is great.

Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Landmark and Hyatt Shenzhen will definitely my only two choices when I visit Shenzhen for business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward-A A
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Edward-A A:
Thank you for commenting our hotel regarding your second stay with us. It's an honor to know that our hotel is one of your two only choices when you visit Shenzhen. We always aim at making our guests feel at home and providing them the most considerate service. I can't wait to welcome you back soon!
Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It is not often you come across a hotel you can walk away from making a comment "Almost Fautless". But that is the title of this review and one I can stand by for our three day stay in Mid June.

Yes the hotel has a dated feel about it, but put that down as charming, it does not detract in any way.

From the time we entered the hotel lobby to the time we left, we were made to feel welcome and the effort of the staff from management down the staff chain was excellent.

The room we had was a reasonable size with a good view of the surrounding area. It was clean with a comfortable bed and full of all the conveniences expected from this caliber of hotel. There was no noise polution from the inside or out. Furnishings were oldish, but practical, and in fact a change from the modern day glitz found in newer style hotels.

The breakfast spread was large and one would have to be hard to please to not find something to suit your liking and the staff to customer ratio seemed to be one for one, so plates disappeared almost the moment they were emptied. If you order freshly cooked eggs you will asked to go back to your table and your eggs will be brought to you, to save you standing.

The hotel is situated 5 minutes walk from an underground station, giving speedy access to the whole of the city and just a 5 minutes taxi ride from the Lowu imigration and customs area at the Hong Kong/China border. Shopping abounds nearby in all directions.

A clean gym with a good variety of equipment to work off those easly gained calories and a large pool are within the hotel.

We paid a little extra for the "Club facility" and this gave us access to the club floor and drinks and nibbles at 5.30pm each day and also breakfast in the Club room or the main breakfast area. We found this little extra cost to be very worth while. The food in the "Club Room" was tasty and plentiful and staff attention excellent.

I say almost perfect, yes there were a couple of minor infractions at check in, too minor to mention, but the front office staff took these errors to heart and continued to apologise each day they saw us and no matter how often we told them not to worry, they still continued to apologise till we checked out. And one last comment, we took the hotel curtesy car back to the Lowu imigration area and this was running five minutes late due to heavy traffic, the consierge came over to us three times to apologise for this delay.

All in all a most enjoyable stay with amazing service and when next in Shenzen will make this hotel my first and only choice.

Room Tip: It's always worth asking if a better room is available at the same cost, we average 1 in four su...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wizardoz1944
Dear Mr. WizardMelbourne:
Thank you for staying with us recently! It's a pleasure to see your glowing comment on our hotel. I'm also very delighted to see that you will take our hotel as the first and only choice when you come to Shenzhen next time. We will still try our best to provide "faultless" service for you the next time you visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel seems to be old once you enter and see the finishing, it needs to be renovated. The staff are friendly and very attentive. They are always give us a feel of comfort in asking help and assistance, The break fast is OK and decent. Rooms are big and sleep quality is better, This hotel is OK for short stays and if renovated it will be one of the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bhupeshrajan
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Bhupeshrajan:
Thank you for your glowing comment and your advice. We will take renovation into consideration in our future investment plan so that we can better meet the needs of our guests. I also hope our considerate service will encourage your return stay. Hope to receive you next time!
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had an amazing customer service experience at my hotel in Beijing and was not enthusiastic about coming to Shenzhen. But the experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites was fantastic. I could not have believed the customer service could have been any better than my hotel in Beijing, but the employees at this hotel proved me wrong. Every single person was just outstanding. My particular compliments to Peter Wu, head concierge, for all of his assistance. The restaurant employees, room service attendants, bellboys, taxi handlers, etc. were all wonderful and made me feel like a special guest.

I was offered a bigger room upon check-in and I accepted, and am glad I did. While the rooms are not very modern (about 20 years old), I found the furnishings charming and unique (for example, a beautiful black laccquer armoire). The amenities in the room were excellent, and the views could not be beat. Very quiet in the room, I slept well.

Oh, and the club sandwich I had for room service was probably the best club sandwich at a hotel I've ever had.

If I ever had to return to Shenzhen, I would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: bigger room, higher floor with view
Thank 2006world_traveler!
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear 2006world_traveler! :
Thank you for you glowing comment regarding your recent stay in our hotel! I'll definitely let my team know that you really appreciate their service. I'm sure they would be thrilled about it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Doha
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Booked online for 5 nights (May 23rd. till 27th.). Had a spit booking (4 nights & 1 additional). Staff was incapable to put the booking together and wanted us to take 2 rooms.... Wanted to charge at the highest rate for all the nights. I suggested them on how to enter it into there system. Staff is obviously not trained adequately.
Staff are not at all service inducted and prefer to sit behind there desk instead of "serving". Every time when we requested anything and hence we "disturbed" them in there chats we where getting huffs, puffs annoyed looks.
The only staff member in the Club Lounge whom was extensively helpful was Ling Yun Pan and apologized on several occasions on behalf of his associate staff members.
Happy hour snacks are very scarce and low quality.
My question is... why paying 55% more for a CLUB room when one doesn't get "service".
For sure this property need to pull up there socks if they want to remain one of the prime rated properties in Shenzhen.

Room Tip: Poor service in Club lounge and Floors. Don't bother paying more for "service".
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Eric R:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience our services may have caused you. Your comments about the inappropriate serving attitude of the staff on club floor have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We will improve our training in order to provide better service to our guests. I also feel regretful that the food served at happy hour has failed to meet your expectations. I will review what we do and look to improve it. We would like to respond to you personally. Could you please send us your email address or telephone details to emarketing@cplandmarksz.com?
We hope you would give us a chance to show we could make it better next time and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you!
Vancouver
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 days recently on business in the Shenzhen and surrounding areas. We used this as a central point to travel throughout the Guangdong province.

It is conveniently located near a fairly large mall and only 5 minutes or less by taxi to the Luoho Commercial City where all the knockoffs are found so it is convenient for both business and pleasure.

Upon entering the hotel we are greeted by doormen who open the door and staff that guide you to the check in desks. Everyone was very pleasant and I was checked in fairly quickly. I had one of the smaller rooms (it's what our travel agent booked) and they were decent. when walking into the room you see the desk and the bed and an armoire for your clothes. Through a doorway was the washroom which is white marble and well appointed and of a decent size.

The only real window was behind the bed and above it. Because of this there was a remote on the wall that allowed you to open and close the drapes as they were difficult to access without stepping on the bed. I settled in a bit but realized the drapes would not close so I called the front desk and they sent the service staff up to fix it. It didn't take long for them to figure it out and it was working fine and I was happy.

But, what ended up happening next is the sign of great customer service. The Duty Manager (I believe her name was Shelly) called and apologized for the inconvenience and I told her it was taken care of and it was fine. She offered to send up a fruit tray but I declined and said it wasn't needed.

She then called back a few minutes later still very apologetic and offered me an upgrade to the room across the hall which was a very large suite. Despite being settled in I took her up on the offer and she came up with the key and offered to help me move which was very nice of her. The upgraded room was enormous and since I was to be there for four nights it was nice to have such a nice room.

It was very open and spacious. The bathroom was even nicer and I had a king sized bed. The shower stall was particularly nice with a large rain shower head with great pressure. There was also a large soaker tub adjacent to it. The bathroom vanity had two sinks and lots of room. The bathroom even included a bidet.

The internet was both wifi and wired if you wanted it. I wired up using the jack on the desk and found their internet to be very fast and consistent.

We had breakfast included so we went to the Brew House restaurant each more for a varied buffet style breakfast. It was good but by the end of 4 days I was getting a little tired of it. Lots of different choices though.

We also had Cantonese food at their Cantonese restaurant on the 2nd floor and found the food to be quite good so I would recommend that as well.

Overall a good trip made better by some excellent customer service. Definitely would recommend this spot if you're in Shenzhen.

2 Thank warmhappyfeet
Diane W, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear warmhappyfeet:
Thank you for your glowing and detailed comment! My team would be thrilled that you really enjoy staying in our hotel. I am so delighted that the team did a great job of caring for you, with many personal touches that you mentioned. We hope that this level of care and attention to detail does make a difference, and will encourage return stays. Moreover, you can have breakfast at Fortune Court Chinese Restaurant next time you visit. The breakfast is called "Morning Tea" in China, with various delicious Dim Sum.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Diane
Penang
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.
I was greeted immediately upon arrival by very friendly and helpful staff.
As previous reviewers had mentioned, most of the staff are fluent in English which is a great help to western traveller.

I actually moved here based on the recommendation of a friend whom previously stayed. Not only is the service top notch but the hotel is located to shopping - Dongmen markets (for the for economic spender) and the fancy high class mall co-located with the GuoMao Metro station (with the usual designer goods). Not sure how reliable they are but perhaps a local can comment in a different topic.
If you're stuck in Shenzhen over the weekend, here's a good place to be.

I've heard some people comment that the hotel may be slightly older but for me the rooms are well maintained and I dont know what the fuss is about. It's really oppulent, I feel somewhat vulgar playing the flamboyant wanna-be. :)

All in all - #1. The Crowne Plaza standard!
FYI I stayed in their (ex) sister located at OCT, this is her hot twin.

By the way, the burgers in the Bre House restaurant is fantastic. I'd the Crap Burger. Yums!

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors - helps keeps the noisy trafic out!
1 Thank kIaihC
Diane W, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear kIaihC:
Thank you for sharing your experience here and pointing our all the positives of our hotel! Our team is devoted to offering outstanding staying experience for our guests. I'm so glad to know that the team did a great job of caring for you. Also, you might want to try the Prego Italian Restaurant right next to the Brew House. Hope to welcome you back soon!
Best Regards