“Perfect place to stay for shopping trip”

Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #19 of 2,781 Hotels in Shenzhen
NSW
“Perfect place to stay for shopping trip”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Loved this hotel, very close to train station and shopping mall. The service is excellent and nothing is too much trouble, beds are very comfortable. I have stayed here 3 times and will stay again.
We stayed in the Horizon room which was worth the extra money.
We stay at the Shangri-La because we love to shop at Lowu commercial city which is a 5 min walk away.
For the second time now we have been looked after by Gary who is the owner of shop 3313 and he was amazing!! He met us at the hotel each day and carried our bags and made sure no one hasseled us. His shop prices are excellent and well worth a visit and he won't rip you off.
All in all a great experience in Shenzhen and he Shangri-La ...especially loved the late check out

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear summer1966,

Thank you for staying with us at Shangri-La hotel, Shenzhen. We are grateful for your feedback. Next time we can introduce you to more shopping areas nearby the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Shangri-La hospitality soon.

Philip Dewar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is an old hotel, but the warmth of service and staff friendliness is fantastic and the rooms aren't the newest but they are clean,

The manager himself is an on hands manager you see him strolling around the hotel with big smile and always there to lend a hand and lead by example,, and his staff have really taken a leaf from his book, so a big Thank you to Phillip Dewar

Robert and Vincent at the front from the time you arrive to the time you leave, they are there to help you,

The men in black as I call them (security) make you feel secure and always there to welcome you back if you been out

During my trip this time I needed help with making reservations around china for my next trip in June, and been not so familiar with the destinations I need to travel to I asked for some assistance,,

Well wow the ladies in the corporate centre jumped hoops to help EVA LI ,, AND CINDY WANG went beyond the job description to help me with planning my travel to assisting me downstairs to the travel centre to book my tickets while they called and got me the best deals at the sister shangri la hotels in five other cities

The breakfast at the shangri la is fantastic and the services around the hotel keep getting better if that's possible

Thanks to all the shangri la louhu staff

Look forward to seeing you soon

Room Tip: Ask for room facing mountains
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1krahs
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear 1krahs,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience with all TripAdvisor viewers. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us again and I am sure Robert, Vincent, Eva and Cindy appreciate that their efforts are noticed. We are lucky to have many great people such as them at Shangri-La, Shenzhen.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Shanghri-la Hotel Shenzhen is conveniently located at the very end of the "Luobao" Line (#1 Green) metro line adjacent to the "Luohu" subway exit. For the business traveler crossing into Hong Kong, it's a short walk east to the Hong Kong port of entry and the "Lo Wu" station on the end of the East Rail Line (Blue Line) in the Hong Kong - New Territories. The hotel is also located next to the Luohu Commercial City, which contains 5 floors of “replica” goods shopping, which is not my cup of tea. Unfortunately, the proximity to the high-pressure “replica” hagglers and the train station and Hong Kong port of entry culminate in some relatively unsavory individuals hanging out in the square near the hotel.

The lobby is spacious and modern and I was greeted by multiple gracious hotel staff. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating and even accompanied me all the way to my room, even though it was on the 19th floor. The door staff dressed in Malaysian outfits for the end of their Malaysian themed week; Malay food was also featured in their primary restaurant (see below).

The lobby lounge was relaxing and had a good selection of whiskey. The beer selection was limited and could use more options (e.g. Porter, Hefeweizen). The evening entertainment was surprisingly good; the singer/pianist performed Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up” wonderfully.

The Shang Palace restaurant featured some standard Chinese fare and was good. My server spoke decent English, which is always nice as a Westerner. She was very nice and even took the time to help me converse in Mandarin a bit, despite my limited vocabulary.

My room was on the 19th floor of the tower facing roughly east and overlooked the square and the train station. I could see the lush Hong Kong - New Territories in the distance. The room was large and had all the amenities that I’ve come to expect from the Shangri-La brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear TravelingBenjamin,

Thank you for your kind review of our property and sharing all the details of your enjoyable stay and experience. We are delighted to know you enjoyed our service and food options, especially the convenience of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Shangri-La hospitality soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is located very near to shopping in Lou Wu right opposite train station as you come in from Hong Kong .This makes it easier get away to Guangzhou with trains departing every 10 mts .This is luxurious hotel where all needs are well catered to .The restaurant serving Chinese food is excellent .Breakfast very good and has great selections to choose from .The concierge was very nice in advising nearby locations and their is a bit to see in the town apart from shopping .The down side is the high room rates at the hotel.The spa was really nice too with real strong massage .

Room Tip: Before you spend all money in Lou wu shopping complex go to Dongmen it has excellent shopping withou...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pilgrim_gsa
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear pilgrim_gsa,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and dining options and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Shenzhen.

Calgary
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Shangrila Shenzhen at Luo wu at least 10 time sin the last 5 years and the quality of service has always been excellent. Most recently we stayed in an executive suite of 620 square feet on the 25th floor. The hotel is older, but the staff are what really make this hotel my home away form home in Shezhen. The amenities tend to be a it older and rooms are not as modern as the newest shangrila hotels but the seamless guest epxerience from the bell men opening the door for you every time and a nod and a "Ni hao" as you come in all the way to the buffet staff who eagerly serve you with a smile every time and take away your plates and fold and replace your napkin without being asked make this a hotel where 5 star service doesnt mean stuffy butlers and overly attentive stuffy staff but rather an effortless experience where everything is just taken care of. The rooms are well stocked and club rooms come with added amenities such as a pillow menu (great pillow selection), breakfast at the buffet (one of te best breakfast buffets I have been to) and of course access to the lounge while not offering the greatest selection, tends to be quiet and has a welcoming staff ready to attend to any arrangements you may need with a reasonable level of knowledge of local area restaurants and attraction / amenities. As I mentioned before the staff are what make this hotel a true 5 star hotel, they have a "can do" attitude and if they don't have an answer or solution, will ensure that they find one. As an example, my wife had a fair amount of laundry we had accumulated and did not wish to spend the estimated $200 to put it through he shangri la laundry and so I enuired downstairs at the front desk on my way out, not 15 minutes later, they had a local person from a laundry down the street come by to pick all our laundry and had it ready and delivered back to our room the next morning by 9am all for $5 USD no hassle, not question, they just found a way to do it and got it done.

The hotel itself is also conveniently located across from Luo wu commercial center making it an ideal home base to relax after a day of shopping. Queen spa is just a short taxi ride away (Not more that $3 usd) and the doormen are always happy to translate to make sure the taxi driver knows where to go. Even if you come back at 3am the doormen are always ready to greet you and welcome you home.

Room Tip: Get a club room, its worth the extra money. The included breakfast is amazing on the 2nd floor. Try...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rfung2328
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear rfung2328,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience and memorable moments at our hotel. I am very proud of my colleagues and their great services and I am sure they are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Meanwhile, we are honored to be your “home” in Shenzhen and trust we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My stay at the hotel was very pleasant and enjoyable. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The most enjoyable part of my stay were the friendly staff at the hotel. Out of the different staff members that I had met, I must reserve special praise for Sandy Luo. She was attentive, pleasant and very professional. I would recommend the hotel to everyone and will definitely return the next time I visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
philipdewar, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear LittleSF,

Thank you very much for such high praise of our service and room. We are proud of our heartfelt hospitality through our colleagues such as Sandy and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel, but after staying at the Kerry in Shanghai, which is also a Shangri La hotel, I expected a little more. The hotel is pleasant enough, with a small club lounge and a few options for dining and drinking. The service, as always seems to be the way in China, was excellent.
My club room was quite dated though and needs refreshing, it had one of my pet hates, a shower over the bath. The location is good for access to the border crossing to HK and train terminals. I will be happy to stay here again, but I think i would look for a better room

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear swagman6111,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La hotels as your choice in Shenzhen and Shanghai. We are grateful for your feedback with regards to our service and location.

We note your comments on the room and will take them well into consideration with our refurbishment planning. We have also noted your preference for a separate shower and will be happy to review our room categories that have this facility with you for your next booking.

Warmest regards,