“Great Staff”

Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #19 of 2,844 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a very nice hotel where the staff make the hotel stay very pleasant, rooms were a little dissapointment as they were on the small side but the location was right next to the railway station. The staff especially at the concierge desk, Jacob, and Ann Sun were well above what was expected, the best I have experienced. Rooms were clean and the bed good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at the shangri-la luo wu for 4 nights, I have been staying there for many years. It has improved a lot.
I would like to commend 2 staff especially Winnie Yan and Benjamin Wu. They are outstanding and give an excellent service. I hope both they will read my review. They made my stay very pleasant as I am a solo traveller.

Room Tip: Please try the chinese restaurant for lunch serving dim sum for 135 yuan and all you can eat the lo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mamafofo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our stay was decent, but it just wasnt like other shangrila stays we have had. If it was a four star hotel and half the price, i would have been satisfied with my stay, but that was not the case. We stay in a lot of 5 star hotels, so my critiques may seem a little harsh, but when you book a hotel based on a brand and star rating, I feel that is what you should get.
First we parked in the parking garage, which is nowhere near as nice as the Westin, Hyatt or Ritz Carlton's garages, its old looking and very small. You have to walk up two flights of stairs, not very convenient with a baby, stroller and a few small bags, then you walk through a small door and have to figure out what way to the main desk.
We booked a horizon suite, the room was ok, but seemed a little outdated, especially the bathroom. I was very surprised there was nowhere for me to charge my iphone or ipad. I did not bring a wall charger, as usually in nicer hotels, there is a USB port that you can charge from, or even better a docking station, but here had nothing. We then went up to the Horizon club lounge for some drinks and appetizers, there really wasnt a large selection of drinks, no champagne (something I find to be a staple in 5 star lounges), the food was limited, and when I went to grab some of the limited food, there were no plates. The staff in the lounge were unbelievably friendly and a highlight of the hotel.
We decided to stay in for the night and get room service. The food was delivered very quickly and the food was great, the service not so much. They wheeled the food cart/table into our room, then he handed me the bill and left, telling me the food is underneath, i was expecting that they would set it up on the dining table in our suite, but I guess that was too much. We took care of this ourselves. They promptly came to collect the dishes and while they did take all the plates, they neglected to clean anything. My two year old son made a visible mess of his fried rice and I know its a tough criticism that somebody didnt clean up after him, but that is the kind of service we expect, but would really not ask for, in a five star hotel. He wheeled the cart away and propped our door open with the deadbolt type lock. An hour later when they were delivering a baby crib, i noticed, he never even closed our door!
Breakfast the following morning in the lounge, again the staff were great, some of the food was good, but I ordered scrambled eggs and it basically just looked like fried eggs that somebody chopped up at the last minute and mixed together. Again, not really five star.

To be fair, I did not voice any of these complaints to the hotel, but I will not stay here again, there are too many other legitimate five star hotels in Shenzhen that I dont have to worry about small details like this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hikelarson
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to the Shangri-La Shenzhen. Its location is fabulous being less than 10 minutes from LoHu station and a stones throw from LoHU Commercial City which is a shopper's mecca.
On check in we decided to upgrade to a Suite (having originally booked a double room on the Horizon Club floor) and were very happy with our choice. The suite was well appointed with plenty of room in both the lounge area and the bedroom. The furnishings were very comfortable and the bed one of the best we have encountered in our travels. The bathroom was also spacious with nice fittings, L'Ocitanne toiletries and the cleanliness first class.
The facilities and service offered by the Horizon Club were very good with the staff remembering you and your preferences from the moment they met you. A good quality breakfast, high tea and happy hour all being provided as part of the service. Dinner at the 360 Restaurant was also very good, with great views out over the city, attentive staff and a small but quality choice of meals.
Definitely worth a try and I would highly recommend upgrading if you can - it is worth the indulgence. We will definitley stay again if we return to Shenzen. Overall - worthy of their 5 star rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ob1kob
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Got extraordinary help and support during my 3 weeks stay in this hotel from Alice Chen, Mason Shu and Rita Yu. They have offered their help to provide me a comfortable stay without looking after my bills, room changes, extensions, limousine service, etc.
They made me feel like I was special like I was going home each time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ManWingChung
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel's location is excellen as it is very closed to LoHu boarder, just 5-10 mins walking distance. Staff are friendly and always there to assist your need. The buffet breakfast is the same as all other Shangri-la, which I think in general, is the best among all other 5-star hotels in China.
However, the downside is its rooms. I think this Shangri-la is probably the oldest one in China and the rooms are aging and pretty small. It certainly needs a total refurbish ASAP...

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Champs bar is an excellent one, friendly people and amazing cocktail, fantastic waitress particularly a gal Kelly HUANG, who provide an unforgetable experience, and other nice guys name daniel Zhang, may zhao, and....ben!! All are wonderful and interesting people here, I wish I would stay another night here with wine beer and wiskey

Tiger