$145
$137
$50
$45
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We had a package deal which was a room, 3 meals , coupons for massage & use of facilities. Excellent service with a surprisingly good command of English. Advertised as 5 star - facilities clean and tidy but beginning to age a bit. Buffet meals were very nice with good variety of Asian and Western food. Rooms comfortable - beds firm ( normal for China) no complimentary shampoos etc though. Pool was very nice though on the 2nd day was closed due to apparent thunderstorms - difficult to understand as the morning was perfectly fine. To get to this hotel from the ferry terminal turn right directly as you come out and walk through past he Police station - much quicker than walking around road to main entrance.

Room Tip: water view rooms look like they'd be lovely - we had hillside - ok
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whenz
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The reception is all great, and the checkin was easy and no issues. The room are large, but they are getting dated now with old carpet, and a lack of management on the "non smoking" issue, so the hallways and passages all smell of stale smoke from the rooms. Luckily I did not have a smelly room.

The bathrooms are really horible. They are looking every bit the age, with mould sowing in the grout and silicone.

Ther free LAN interent is good, and had no issues with speeds. The breakfast is totally overrated, and should be avoided. The rate charged is too high, for a very basic selection. If the dim sum is cheap and poorly presented.

The location is good for the ferry and some area for business, but it is a LONG way from the train station, so give your self at least an hour if onward by bullet trains.

Room Tip: Take no breakfast package
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ExpatBren
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The location is perfect, it is near Shekou ferry terminal 2-3 minutes to walk. The hotel is quite old. I have travelled with my wife. We book thru hotel web site special offer, which includes breakfast or lunch, foot massage, afternoon tea and free transfer to boarder and to window of the world. There is a high speed internet in the room thru ethernet. Internet is free of charge. We have two rooms and big balcone. There is a tea and coffee in the room. There is a guy in the hotel which speak english perfect, he is always near the portie. He can help you with transport, some basic translation to Chinese. Some girl on reception understand english. Other staff do not speak english. There is swimming pool. We have stayed in october and every evening at 9pm we went swim. The weather was perfect. The currency exchange in reception. The rate is good enought. All ATMs accept Visa cards some there is not a problem to withdraw money.

We advised do not use public transport if you don't have name of the station (place) written on the paper in Chinese. If you take a Taxi be prepared that price will be 3X time bigger than usual, prepare some written words in Chinese. Do not go to factory distinct alone - is is not safety.

Please be advised that nobody speak english in shenzhen. if you want to go somewhere to eat - prepare name of dish in Chinese. There is a menu on english in sea world, but price is 3X time bigger than anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The rooms are getting old (stained carpets) and the amenities are a bit on the short end for a hotel that wants to be "high end." Compared to an American hotel, the rooms would be 2-stars or 3-stars. The bathroom doesn't have separate soap and shampoo. There's a dispenser attached to the wall of the bathtub that serves a generic soap for everything (hair and body). It's perfectly OK, but when you pay for a 4-star hotel, you feel like something is missing. The beds are a bit hard (Chinese-style), but that wasn't a problem for us. We had our two young children with us, and that went fine. The breakfast is very nice. The lobby is quite beautiful, the service is fine, and the location is good if you want to be close to the water. Free internet (via Ethernet cable). Otherwise, there are other better locations in Shenzhen for fun and commerce. The short story: overpriced, otherwise OK.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SoCal-Traveler123
Reviewed December 11, 2009

Earlier I have stayed at Nan Hai twice, and I was very pleased both times. Have written a review about last year's stay, where I praised the hotel as one of my favorites. Sadly, one year after I was there last, the standard had declined significantly! I arrived at the hotel, and had booked a deluxe sea view room. Well inside, the carpet looked really worn, and the bathroom porcelain was chipped and looked very discouraging. Bed was comfortable as usual (very hard), and laundry service was quick and fine.

My room was very noisy, and one night (11.30 PM) the room above was playing really loud music. I phoned Front Desk to ask them to do something about it, and they said that the music may be coming from the lobby. I asked what time they stopped playing music, and the man on the other end quickly said he would check, and then put the phone down. Five minutes later, he phoned back, and told me that they turned it of at 10 PM. I asked if he really thought that it was the lobby's music I was hearing, and he agreed on that it most likely was not. So he sent someone up to my room to listen for where the sound came from. Ten minutes later, a girl knocked on the door. I opened, and she stood there, waving her arms, trying to gesticulate. The bright guy at Front Desk had sent someone that spoke no English what so ever. Clever! I phoned him back, asked him if he thought it was appropriate to send someone that spoke no English, and he agreed it was not. Ten minutes passed, he phoned back, and I was so tired of all that mess that I told him the music had stopped, just so I could at least have some peace and quiet in my own room. It was getting very late and I had an early business appointment the following day. Went up one flight of stairs, to ask the person to keep quiet. Never found the room though, as ventilation was too noisy in the corridor to be able to hear anything from inside the rooms.

When I arrived for breakfast, I was informed that breakfast was not included in my room fee. Never before has this happened, as all bookings I have previously made have included breakfast. This was something they never even mentioned at my arrival. Well, I had to eat, so I billed it to my room. What a mistake that was! Breakfast here used to be so good, but this time it was really poor. Selection was pretty wide, but instead of the broad Western selection, breakfast consisted of mainly Chinese hot dishes and white bread with jam. Do not misunderstand, I'm not complaining about Chinese dishes in China, I'm just annoyed they took away so much of the Western alternatives. Restaurant staff had no sense of when to offer tea or take away a plate, they consistently chose to do it while I had something in my mouth.

I do not know if I will be staying at Nan Hai again. It feels like they are in need of a long overdue renovation, and also some English courses for their employees.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business