I read these other reviews and can't square them with the hotel. I'm in it as I write this. First, it was hot out but they had fixed the central air conditioner so that the air conditioners in the individual rooms wouldn't go below 75 degrees (fahrenheit), which is 24 degrees celsius. Many Chinese hotels do this kind of thing to save money, since air conditioning costs money. I had to make a scene to get my room just 2 degrees colder. And after all this, I learned the internet doesn't work. I can send emails, but not if they have an attachment over 100k. Do you have a photo you want to send to a friend? Forget it, it won't happen. The system just freezes up. So, I guess the place is fine as long as you don't want air conditioning or the internet. By the way, to get internet, I took a $9 cab rid to a 5-star hotel and worked in their lobby, which had free wi-fi. I'll need to do the same thing tomorrow. Stay away from this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel locates in the center of vibrant Nanshan District,within minutes'drive from the Hi-tech Park. The hotel is only a 30 minutes drive from the Shenzhen Airport,15 minutes to Shekou Ferry Pier with transfers to the International Airport of Hong Kong . It takes 30 minutes drive to Lo Wu Railway Station, 8 minutes to Shenzhen Bay Border to Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua Hotel Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Donghua Shenzhen
- Shenzhen Holiday Inn