“Great Location, Good Breakfast”

The Venice Raytour Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #36 of 2,844 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in Venice Hotel for a week in the middle of November, 2013. I find this hotel very nice with veeeery good location. I'm not a big fan of Chinese food that's why I lost 7 pounds in two weeks during my trip to China. I was surviving with normal food I could eat in the restaurant which was serving breakfasts just beside the lobby. Room was good it had everything I needed. "Window of the World" is just across the street. I spent a whole day there. Hotel staff is very friendly. I recommend this hotel and will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a normal stop for me while staying in Shenzhen. This hotel is very conveniently located, which is why I keep coming back. I have reviewed this hotel in the past after it changed ownership from the Crowne Plaza to the Venice Hotel. Since the ownership change, there had been a lot of decline in quality at this hotel. Fortunately I think the owners are realizing this and starting to invest. I learned recently that now the 12th and 13th floors have been updated with new decoration. So this means new carpet, new furniture, new wall decor. Fixtures and other things still stay the same. They have also down some upgrades in the cafe Zentro over time. I got to know one of the staff there name Hin, who was very helpful in getting anything you need or special request. So please ask for him if you need something, he is happy and willing to help. There is still a lot do upgrade at the hotel, but I'm glad they are seeing this need and addressing it before it is too late.

Room Tip: If you want something with new decor, choose 12th or 13th floor if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had stayed at the Venice hotel 3 years earlier when we first arrived in Shenzhen. We wanted to stay here again as we ended our 3 year China adventure. Kind-of like closing the chapter... Our arrival was classic: taxi dropped us off and we entered the lobby for checkin where we were greeted pleasantly. The next minute, Patrick (now Quality Manager), dashed around the counter to give us a personal hug and welcome back! How SPECIAL! And he also upgraded us so we enjoy our stay even more.,

In 3 years, many things have changed and many have remained the same. Many of the people we knew are now gone, but many young new staff are working hard to make the Venice a special place to stay. English skills are still quite good and service overall was excellent.

The room renovations are an excellent upgrade: rooms are spacious, 'rich" colors, thick rugs, new wall paper, upgraded baths -- all great. LOVE the balcony. Our room over looked Window of the Worlds so we were treated to fireworks a couple of nights.

The outdoor pool is just outstanding. Several events happening around the pool, but not intrusive. My husband enjoyed the attached V-bar for live entertainment and late night fun.

The location is great:
- Holiday Plaza right next door for shopping, restaurants, and Ole grocery
- Window of the World metro stop at Holiday Plaza
- Across from Window of the Worlds on one side & Happy Valley on the other.
- Splendid China right down the road.

New additions:
- Nightly turndown service. We LOVED it. Great little "refresh" for the room
- Bikes for loan are available to tour the area. We did not have time this trip, but will try if we get back! Portafino area is lovely for walking and jogging. I bet the bikes would be good there.

Only area for improvement: service and quality of food on the club floor was not great. Staff was pleasant -- just very slow, forgetful and rather clueless. Seems to be a training issue. Patrick joined us for a drink one night and immediately noticed. I am sure that is now being addressed most proactively.

All in all a GREAT stay. Fun to see all the improvements from our previous long term stay. I am sure the Venice will continue to do well!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Window of the Worlds on a higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spend little over a month in this hotel. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast is worth having. It's close proximity to the metro rail is excellent. Also it's walkable distance to the window of the world.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location, within walking distance to Happy Valley and Windows of the World. The hotel amenities including their breakfast buffet and the very large pool are excellent. Rooms were very spacious, many with large balconies. Bathrooms are clean and beds are extremely comfortable. the hotel staff are most attentive and very friendly. great hotel for families. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby was a treat, and the Air Conditioning worked fabulously in the hot summer heat of mainland China.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony. It was the size of a very large bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I brought my entire China team to the Venice Hotel in August for three nights. As a director, I was upgraded to a suite, which gave me fantastic views over 'Windows of the World'. It also gave me access to a private breakfast and free happy hour (which seemed to be ignored by the other guests).
The breakfast had a wide selection, although attracting the wait staff at times involved generous exertion at times. The dinner at Blue was excellent, although miscommunication between their sales department and restaurant floor staff meant resulted in a couple of minor hiccups.
Slight problems aside, this is an ideal hotel for team building, given it's access to Shenzhen's attractions, large swimming pool and lively bar.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite with a view of the Window's of the World if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Morry M
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for its fun atmosphere. It's next to two popular resorts in Shenzhen (Happy Valley and Windows of the World). The pool is great fun. Staff are so friendly and the club lounge staff deserve a special mention for being well trained, attentive and so pleasant. The check in staff is another matter all together. Perhaps it was 'training week' but they were not as well trained. Housekeeping was good. Large clean rooms, with tea and coffee making facilities. Good size bathrooms. Perfect for a weekend getaway with the family. Restaurants were good too. Marco's Chinese has excellent roast meats, and the Orange Japanese Restaurant on level 2 has a selection of teppanyaki, hot pot, sushi. Unfortunately they allow smoking in this restaurant..why??? They really should lock smokers who light up in a restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013